The beach here is excellent, but the food is just ok. The hotel is dated, and various parts show their age and lack of repair, but our rooms were cleaned spotlessly every day, and the staff is friendly (although not speedy.) Our family of 6 plus one other couple were the ONLY people staying at the resort for the first 5 days of our holiday. Lunches were a bit busier, as the hotel is part of a cruise package, and there were cruise ships coming into Ocho every day the week we were there (Dec. 16-23).
If you are expecting a hotel with evening entertainment and lots on the go, this place is not for you. If, however, you want to enjoy the surf, relax on the loungers, read, and spend time with your immediate party, this definitely is the place for you. We loved the location and had a great week of sun and sea. There's just one bar and the bar tenders vary in rules and consistency - generally drinks were handed out in small cups, but we did get our mugs filled a few times (they also ran out of beer on 2 of the days!)
Our group used the pool table daily, but nobody showed up to dance at the disco night. The pool is lovely too, but we definitely made more use of the ocean. The kayaks are seaworthy and available for independent use, or you can go do some snorkelling out on the nearby reef (tips expected). We felt safe and comfortable the whole week, although our sons (18 and 20) were offered drugs on a daily basis. We left the resort for two half day and one full day excursions. It was a great week.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Shaw Park Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shaw Park Beach Hotel And Spa
- Shaw Park Beach Hotel Ocho Rios
- Shaw Park Jamaica
- Shaw Park Beach Ocho Rios
- Shaw Park Hotel Jamaica
- Shaw Park Beach Hotel & Spa Jamaica/Ocho Rios