“Food was good but service is lacking.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Mama Marley's
Ranked #35 of 111 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar, Jamaican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Huron, OH
“Food was good but service is lacking.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

After our horseback rides we decided to do a little shopping. We came across Mama Marley's while in the shopping center.

We were not that hungry so we just ordered a plate of the jerk chicken wings and a few beers. The beer was nice and cold and the wings were great. Just hot enough to keep my family from eating them all before I could.

The servers seem to be i a constant state of mass chaos, having to flag our down several times for drinks or to check on the status of our food. We watched at least 3 tables and one group of 12 people get up and leave after getting drinks because of how long it was taking to get an order taken.

When it was finally time to go, the price seemed a little high for what we had based on what I remember from the menu but only by a few dollars so I paid it, in cash. I never use a credit card on a cruise except for on the ship itself.

Great view of the street and relaxing if you have the time. Again the food and drink were great but at the expense of service to be sure.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Euclid, Ohio
“DO NOT EAT HERE they Seal Credit Card Numbers!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

I went to this establishment the one in the shopping plaza on December 4th, my cab driver recommended it. Food was decent but the servers can not be trusted! We went with a Group of about 10 people 2 of which had there credit card numbers stolen. My sister had her card number reused the next day at some Jamaican celluar advance place one charge for $100 and the other for $158. My other friend had a charge for $430.00 from some place in Jamacia, And to top it all off we met another group of travelers on the ship that ate at the same location who also had there credit card information stolen as well. And we a lll know it was them cause we only used our cards in this restaurant. Our server was a medium build Jamaican woman with a pony tail she had a quite sneaky disposition, medium brown skin who couldn't even look me in the eyes cause she was about to steal our numbers! And I do hope one of the managers from Mama Marleys responds to this message and puts a stop to the non sense. I really enjoyed Jamaica but this experience really but a damper on my whole trip and its unfortunate there are such greedy bottom of the barrel people working at your establishment.

Ripped off Customer

4 Thank Krystal B
Morris Plains, New Jersey, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't pay with a credit card”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

We have lunch at Mama Marley's and the food was OK but nothing special.
I payed with a credit card and within 24 hours my card was at the limit and charges had been complete while i continued my cruise,

If you do need to pay with a card go with it and watch it every minute. The staff were friendly but can not be trusted.

I would say there s better places to spend 2 hours while in Jamaica.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gary P
bobreggae, Manager at Mama Marley's, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
First and foremost thank you for stopping at our establishment.We operate a legitimate business with proper banking machines provided to us directly by the banks.If you feel that you have been cheated in some way at our place we would love to get more information so that we can not only have your issues looked at but and at the same time make sure that these type of problems do not happen again(that is if they have happened in our establishment).We would like to know who your server was(if you do not remember the name a little description would help),and also did you visit our restaurant in taj mahal shopping centre,sonis plaza or 9 miles.What was the date of your visit?what was the total on your bill and how much charge did you receive from us on your bank statement?You could also let your local bank know about this and I am sure they will also investigate.And/Or you may have used your credit card in some other location and you probably don't remember.We at Mama Marleys are committed to customer satisfaction,please let us know as soon as possible.
Cleveland, Ohio
“Credit Card Fraud”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

If you use your credit card here they will steal your identity!!!
Avoid at all cost!!! They did that to me and all my friends thousands of dollars were lost!!!

2 Thank aaron b
Firstly thank you for visiting our establishment.We are in operation from last 9 years and have never experienced anybody accusing us of an identity theft.I would suggest that you get in touch with your local bank to find out excatly,who stole your identity and I would also like to ask you of any proof you might have before accusing us of credit card fraud.Please get your facts together and you can contact us anytime.We are a legitimate business with credit card machines provided to us directly from the banks.Thank you.
Ottawa, Canada
“Afternoon Snacks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

The food is excellent but the service is pretty slow. This is Jamaica though, so take it easy and relax.. the beer is cold and the view of the street is amazing

Visited November 2013