“Interesting Tour”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Interesting Tour”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2006

My husband and I visited Brimmer Hall Estates on 5/14/06 via CC Triumph. It was not one of those touristy tours for sure! We traveled several miles from the port through various towns and it gives you a view of the "Real" Jamaica. The plantation is really beautiful and the guides are very knowledgable, but it was hard to understand what they were saying sometimes because of the strong accents. It was not what I expected at all for a plantation. Be very careful at the gift shops, my advice is to just not shop there because you can get the very same items in town for much less! Also during the tour two men joined the tour with video cameras and they tried to sell us a DVD of the tour....Puh-lease don't fall for that! I enjoyed the tour we were allowed to taste various fruits and juices. I had a blast!

8 Thank theburg727

“ZzZzZzZz”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2004

boring.........................

it was so boring i never would recomend it or go there again

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
“we all enjoyed this.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2003

Our family thouroughly enjoyed our tour of the Brimmer Hall Plantation.
This included myself, my husband, and teenagers aged 16 and 19. The location of the plantation is absolutely gorgeous, and the tour "guides", who are actually farmers on the plantation, were very pleasant and informative. We felt as if we were truly shown the way of life of the workers, not just a "touristy" show. Be careful at the shops...I was able to bargain with them, but found some of the very same items in Ocho Rios for less. The guy carving out of bamboo is very good though.

15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
“Brimmer Hall tour”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2002

My wife and two teenage boys went on this tour via RCCL Voyager of the Seas shore excursion 08/14/02. the tour was very interesting. You ride a Jitney (tractor pulled wagon) and they show you how they cultivate bananas, pineapple, cocoa and other island produce. expect to tip the driver as well as another guy that assists in the tour. The one caution would be the gift shop. I bought 3 lbs of Blue Mountain Coffee here and when I got it home it was all dried out very poor quality, I wonder if it was even the real stuff. You would be better off buying it in Ocho Rios with the JABLUM band on it.

28 Thank A TripAdvisor Member