9,408 results
All reviewsmanor sideriviera sidereef terracebutler villagebutler servicemanor housekelly's docksidemanor poolgreat housesouthern tablesemi private poolle gourmandpolo loungerabbit holeclub levelour honeymoonriviera building
Reviewed December 15, 2017

Just returned back to and all I can say is wow it was brilliant from start to finish , room 7527 v1 and it was so comfortable and quiet butlers gellian & Nicola were diamonds and made every thing so relaxing from my baths each night to my dinner bookings can’t even begin to name everyone but here’s a few I remember... Sheldon waiter at Valentino’s Just returned back to and all I can say is wow it was brilliant from start to finish , room 7527 v1 and it was so comfortable and quiet butlers gellian & Nicola were diamonds and made every thing so relaxing from my baths each night to my dinner bookings You get picked up by golf carts and there’s a hop bus every 5 mins to carry you from one end to other as it is very large.
Silver birds steel drums .. brilliant
All the shows at amphitheater were great , compare Nakoy was
Chad amazing dancer
Renaldo &Leon & Dennilee play makers so lovely
Samantha (waitress at main pool)
Anne Marie beach bar waitress both on point with drinks
Bobby and all beach club staff
Island route staff especially Richard and Natalie ( boom boom)
Can’t wait to go back ❤️
Silver birds steel drums .. brilliant
All the shows at amphitheater were great , compare Nakoy was
Chad amazing dancer
Renaldo &Leon play makers so lovely
Samantha (waitress at main pool)
Anne Marie beach bar waitress both on point with drinks
Bobby and all beach club staff
Island route staff especially Richard and Natalie ( boom boom)
In fact every thing about this hotel was heavenly and never going elsewhere ever again! It was clean and the pools and beach were perfect.
Can’t wait to go back ❤️

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed December 14, 2017

My wife & I stayed at Sandals Ochi Dec. 4-11 and our expectations were greatly surpassed. Through some random selection, we were upgraded upon check-in from Deluxe level (with a room in the main hotel building) to Club Concierge level (with a suite in a two-suite villa). It was luxury like we've never known! A semi-private pool, free room service, a team of concierges to attend to every request - fabulous! The next level up would've been with a personal butler, but this was just as good for us. We even got a Manager's Cocktail Dinner, being returning guests! Beyond belief, how we were treated! So special!!
The sand and sun were great - even the rain (on two days) was far warmer than Toronto's frigid snow! We loved the layout of the property - the Seaside, with all the beautiful beaches (including a dock-enclosed one) and wharfs, and the Hillside, with its nightclubs and restaurants. Shuttles run continually between, so we often planned out our days and evenings with 'hopping' between the two levels. and getting back to our villa was easy.
The food was excellent, especially any Caribbean fare! We were impressed with Le Gourmand, their French restaurant, and the seafood was abundant. We frequented The Rabbit Hole, their 1920's-style "speakeasy", which had outstanding entertainment - both a jazz band and a bluesy vamp who goes by "Mama" and can belt it out with the best! The staff were so accommodating, and we made note of several to the management (since there's NO tipping).
We both used the Red Lane spa for massages - superb! - and I golfed twice on the Sandals links (free shuttle service, free green fees!). My caddy, Tony, was quite friendly and patient with my repeated fumblings.
We were so impressed, we booked for another excursion in a few years time.

I was sad not to be able to visit Goldeneye, the home of James Bond author, Ian Fleming. The site is an exclusive resort - VERY private - and not open to public (fan) viewing. The tour company at Sandals, Island Routes, offered various excursions offsite - we went shopping in Ocho Rios and visited an old plantation to learn to cook Jamaican! Ya mon! - but sadly couldn't meet that request.

Room Tip: If in main buildings, choose a room that DOES NOT face poolside - less noise!
1  Thank MarshallMaue
Reviewed December 13, 2017

What can I say? Sandals Ochi Beach Resort is top notch. This was my husband and my first time at this resort and we were not disappointed! Their staff is superb and remember you and call you by name. You feel like you're their own special guest. The Club Sandals staff are professional and personable. They tend to your every need so you do not lack a thing. There is an activity for everyone. You don't even have to do anything. Eight days was not long enough. My husband and I were celebrating part 2 of our 35-year anniversary. The resort staff treated us like royalty. The resort is beautiful and scenic. The palm trees and lawn are manicured well. The food is wonderful. But I have to give a special shout out to Valentino's Italian Restaurant. You will need to make reservations but it is well worth it! The head chef, Aaron, is personable and so humble. A special server, Sean Thomas, makes you feel special as well. Please try the chicken parmesan and lamb chops! Oh my goodness! Delicious and melts in your mouth. The beef was also superb. Make this a stop during your stay! We have already booked for next year! So, we'll see you there!

1  Thank Michelle O
Reviewed December 13, 2017

We have recently returned to the UK from Sandals Ochi Beach Resort, Jamaica and feel that it is appropriate to write our observations, good and bad.

Our room was a Butler Village Poolside One Bedroom Villa Suite.

Transfer from Airport
A pleasant knowledgeable driver but a very uncomfortable ride in a mini bus with tiny seats, no legroom. The return trip was fine, in a smaller vehicle which was not full and much more comfortable.

Hotel Greeting
Nothing special, a cold towel and drink then herded to a room to wait allocation of butlers. Our butlers where not on duty but we where shown to our room by another butler who carried out the minimal check in. We had travelled a long way from the UK and were hungry. We asked if any of the restaurants where still open at 9.15pm and where told no, which we later found not to be true. There was no information in our room other than a picture of the site for us to be able to know what we could get in the way of food, including Breakfast. We ordered room service which was ok. The butler who showed us to our room told us that we should ring our Butlers on the mobile he gave us after 8.00am next day. He also made a point about remembering that we paid our butlers wages which confused us totally. We thought our package included the butler service.

Room
A pleasant but tired suite. The first night we had a guest of the very large cockroach run from the bedroom to the bathroom. I captured it under a glass and reported it next day. The maid fumigated the room but we had a further 2 visitors following that.

The bed was very uncomfortable with a well used mattress which had a hard lump in the middle. We are tall but the beds are far too high for most people. We saw lots of folk with bruises, in the same places on their legs, from getting in and out of bed. A step would be helpful.

The air-conditioning worked but we had puddles of water under both units continually. The maid just wiped puddles up each day. One evening the air-conditioning unit spit a shower of ice all over us and the room. Next day the butler called the technician and both of our units apparently had to be worked on for an hour or so.

The coffee machine was very slow. The second week it started depositing a white substance onto the coffee pack. I spoke with the maid and she spent an hour or so, calling back three time to clean the machine. Surely these machines should be cleaned on a regular basis and not allowing them to get into such a poor state.

Our regular maid service was very good but when she was not on duty the service was very hit and miss as to time and level of cleanliness and completeness.

Room Pool
The pool was perfect for us and looked after extremely well by the pool man.

Main Pool
The level of noise from the staff on the microphones was unbearable, this could be heard halfway up the hill in our room. We never sat by the pool once.

Butlers
As instructed when we arrived we called our butlers at 8am on our first morning, bearing in mind we had no idea where to go for even breakfast. There was an answer phone and I left a message. By 10.30am we had not heard from them so wondered around and found where breakfast was served. Eventually we went to the Butlerlite reception and they called our butlers again. Once we meet them they were extremely professional, friendly and helpful. Their ongoing service they gauged to our requirements and was excellent.

Restaurants
On the whole the restaurants were very good with the French Restaurant being excellent. Our only comment is that it would be nice to have one buffet restaurant operation in the evening if you wanted a less formal setting.

Reception
The level of service at reception was not consistent. It totally depended on which receptionist was on duty.

Hop Bus
To get from one side of the resort to the other we were required to catch a hop bus.

On the evening we went to the Italian Restaurant we had to catch the Hop Bus back. The bus was full and 2 persons standing. There should not have been anyone allowed to stand.

As we moved away from the reception stop the driver was driving far to fast and had to slam he breaks on, as there was a car at the barrier to the site, and only just managed to stop. He hurtled out of the one site onto the main road into the other site. Hammered up the road on the site, only just missing the other hop bus coming the other way on the bend. When we reached the Hop Stop there was a roundabout. Instead of stopping the driver proceeded to circle the roundabout around 6 times at high speed. The bus was leaning and it would not have take much for it to turn over on its side.

Having just eaten I felt so sick and ill.

We waited for everyone to get off and my husband quietly went and spoke to the driver saying that his action was stupid. The driver just laughed at him. I told the driver I was not happy. We proceeded to reception to complain. The receptionist was very understanding and called the duty manager. He told her to tell us to come back tomorrow…….she insisted on our behalf and the duty manager eventually came and spoke to us. Having explained, as above, to him, he said he would deal with it but we had no further feedback as to what had happened. When we make a formal complaint we would like to get some form of follow up as to what action had been taken. This is a safety issue.

Once this incident had occurred we no longer felt safe on the hop buses and cancelled our following restaurant bookings and made no further visits to the beach side.

Summary
We had looked forward so much to this holiday since we booked it in January 2017. Having been to The Grand Bahia at Runaway Bay 8 years ago and loved Jamaica we booked with Sandals based on their reputation and brochure promises.

What a let down, our butlers gave us a few special moments but overall we didn’t think this resort rose to our expectations.
This resort is totally aimed at the US market and not for the quieter UK couple.
Other guests we met did tell us this resort was not as good as a number of others Sandals resorts they had been too.
It is unlikely that we will spend so much money again with Sandals.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
6  Thank LizO0509
Reviewed December 12, 2017

This was my first time to Jamaica and also my first time staying at a Sandals resort so myself and my boyfriend were super excited, and the holiday lived up to our expectations. We had such a fabulous time. We visited the Sandals lounge in the airport which was pretty chaotic but we weren't there too long as our transport bus was ready to take us pretty much straight away - enough time to grab a beer and get on the road. The journey to the hotel took about 1hr 35mins and the drive was fine. When we got to the resort the bus dropped off on the hillside first, and then the seaside where we were staying. We were greeted with a cold towel and glass of champagne which was a lovely touch. We had to fill out some check in information on an iPad even though we had already done this at home. Whilst we checked in and relaxed in reception, our baggage was taken to our rooms. We were staying in the Bamboo Grove part of the resort in a premium room. When we got to our room about 30 minutes after we arrived, we found that only 1 of the 3 suitcases was there. We went back to reception and attempted to just take the other two cases ourselves as we were eager to get changed and explore, but a lovely man insisted on bringing them up for us which he did right away. The room was fine - spacious, a big comfortable bed, plenty of storage, fridge stocked with soft drinks and a nice balcony with a lovely view of the lush foliage and a little pond. It was a little dated and the water in the shower wasn't very powerful but apart from that the room was completely acceptable (we hardly spent any time in the room so we weren't fussy as long as it was clean). The only thing I will say about the building was that during our entire stay (9 days), there was construction work and painting taking place which we were completely fine with but it maybe would have been nice for someone to have acknowledged this. Also, most days there were dirty room service plates in the hallway areas that would seem to stay there for the majority of the day. Our room didn't seem to have a hairdryer either so I called reception to ask for one, it took 80 minutes to arrive (luckily we didn't have a dinner reservation that night!) But apart from these small things we were happy with our accommodation, the cleaners always made sure our room was clean and tidy with fresh towels at the ready and we were extremely appreciative of that! It was my boyfriend's birthday during our stay and I put some balloons up in the room. When we got back to our room that evening he had been left a lovely flower arrangement and a celebratory note from the lovely Simone - thank you so much for that, you really made his day!
A couple of days after we arrived, we made our dinner reservations for the week. We managed to get a reservation at every restaurant that required one - all were fantastic but our favourite by far was Le Gourmand which we saved for our last evening. The meal and service was exceptional and we wished we had time to go back again as the entire menu looked outstanding! We also enjoyed The Jerk Shack and the Mariners and Tapas bars for lunching. Breakfast was fine, the omelettes were my favourite and I think I had one everyday! We enjoyed our evening at Kimonos the Japanese restaurant however I asked for the signature cocktail 3 times throughout the course of the night and I'm still waiting for it haha. Another restaurant we were really impressed with was The Reef Terrace, which we stumbled across by complete accident and didn't even know it existed until about day 5! Some of the tastiest food we had was served there and a beautiful view of the ocean. The service was brilliant, also.
Both the pool and beach areas were really lovely and there were always loungers available which was great. The waiters and waitresses around the pools and beaches were always very attentive and would notice quickly if your glass was empty. The playmaker entertainers were always so much fun during the day and would get everybody involved with drinking games by the pool bars or up for a game of volleyball. A special thank you to Barbie, Dennilee, Chad, Chris & Akeem who we had a lot of fun with! We really appreciate the hard work and hours you put in to make sure everybody is entertained. At the same time, if you fancy a chilled out day instead there are plenty of more relaxing areas of the resort away from Ochi beach club - smaller pools and whirlpools and hammocks are dotted around the place.
We booked 3 excursions through the hotel - a catamaran trip to Dunn's River Falls with snorkelling en route, horse riding along the beach and Mystic Mountain rainforest bobsled. We thoroughly enjoyed all 3 and made memories to last a lifetime. The only thing I will say is that I personally think all the trips were vastly overpriced for what they were and if we had organised them independently of the hotel we wouldn't have spent as much. Obviously it's good to know that your transport is taken care of and legitimate when you book via hotel excursion staff. But for instance, we paid something like $180USD to go horse riding through some forests and along the beach/into the sea - the drive took 15 minutes max from the hotel and when we were offered beers during the trip we were told it would be $6. I was under the impression all food and drink would have been complimentary when paying that sort of money for an excursion that lasted half an afternoon. That being said it was still a great day.
We also utilised the hotel water sports equipment which was all in very good condition.
The evening entertainment on the resort was absolutely fantastic and everybody involved is so talented. We especially enjoyed the Beach Party, the Steel Band with breakdancers, the Jazz Band in The Rabbit Hole speakeasy bar and The White Party with chocolate buffet and opera singer. Make sure you check all of these out!
We enjoyed all of the games and activities available scattered across the resort - from giant chessboards to basketball courts to a game of Jenga on the beach. There was always something to do if it took your fancy. We also enjoyed propping ourselves up at one of the various pool bars on offer and trying lots of different cocktails. Speaking of which, the Moscow Mule and Singapore Sling cocktails in The Rabbit Hole were among the best I've ever tasted!
One thing we did not realise before we got there is that the seaside and hillside of the resort are totally separated and you are required to get a bus to and from each. The buses are every 5 minutes from 7am-2am so extremely convenient to hop between the two if you have dinner reservations on the other side or want to explore further. We were glad to be staying on the seaside part of the resort however, as it definitely is where the action is with more of a party atmosphere.
All in all we absolutely adored our time at Sandals Ochi, it's a beautiful resort which can be party central if you want it to be, or the most relaxing place on earth if you don't. We really enjoyed the vast selection of bars and restaurants and all of the food we ate whilst there was fantastic. I wish I could individually thank everybody who impacted positively on our holiday but there would be too many people to mention. So instead, a massive thank you to all of the receptionists, cleaners, waiting staff, bus drivers, chefs, bar staff, management, entertainment staff and maintenence staff who keep Sandals Ochi running like clockwork - none of you went unnoticed or under appreciated. You all made our holiday amazing in your own way! Sandals Ochi and the people of Jamaica really made our time in this country so special!!

4  Thank Lauren M