My spouse and I joined friends for 6 nights in last week of March at Sandals B&V Resort at Ocho Rios. We stayed Manor side and shared a Plantation Villa & Pool with our friends.
The rooms, our pool, both sides of the Resort, the beach, the swim up bars, the shuttle buses, the Golf course, the Falls Cruise, the restaurants, the staff and service were all great. We did not experience any lengthy waits for shuttle buses between Riviera and Manor sides.
I would note that this is a Resort for couples, many honeymooners. Various age groups but mostly couples aged 20s to 40s, mostly American/Canadian/British. This Resort is not for Singles looking to pick up. No Siree!
I would suggest bringing an insulated mug (eg Starbucks/NFL) for swim-up bar cocktails. The bar staff filled insulated mugs no matter the size. Some guests brought enormous football shaped mini-kegs. It's an all-inclusive, get your value for money!
Much patience is required at the restaurants. We visited 5 of the 9 restaurants and experienced long waiting lines (2 hrs) so we just drank more cocktails at the Bars alongside the restaurants with other guests. Made a lot of friends!
Dress code is everything from very dressed-up to very casual beach dresses and flip flops. No shorts or swim wear at the formal restaurants. They have a 'White Night', entire outfits in white good idea.
If I received a super cheap package to this Resort again, I would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on over 100 acres of lush hillside gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea•529 villas, luxury rooms and suites with fantastic mountain and ocean views•94 pools (7 large public pools), 22 whirlpools•16 dining options including room service for butler serviced suites•2 luxurious Red Lane Spas•Complimentary golf at Jamaica’s most elite and popular golf course, the Sandals Golf & Country Club (Transfers to the golf course are included)•Over 5,000 sq. feet of first class meeting and conference facilities•Recently completed US$60 million renovation/refurbishing exercise•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Grande Riviera ‘Jamaica’s Leading Resort’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Unique Vacations Inc, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Ochi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach And Villa Golf Resort
- Sandals Ocho Rios
- Ciboney Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ochi Beach Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios