We were at Sandals Ocho Rios Grande Riviera for our honeymoon July 28-August 4. It was more than we could have ever hoped for in a honeymoon. From the moment we got through customs in Montego Bay to the time they dropped us back off at the airport for our return flight, the wonderful people at Sandals did their absolute best to make sure we were always accommodated, and happy!
Summer is definitely the time to go, since its technically the off season. We loved this because we were always able to find spots at the restaurants and pools, and we kept running into people we met and made some great friends.
We had good service all around but a few people stood out to us:
First of all, our butlers were AMAZING!!!! We had Josie & Christa and they took really good care of us! They went above and beyond including a few times when they surprised us with special snacks and treats without us asking. One day in particular we told Josie on our ride down from our room how much we had enjoyed the coconut shrimp from the our lunch at the restaurant on the beach side. That afternoon, while laying by the pool, Josie showed up with a plate for each of us of coconut shrimp. Seriously try the coconut shrimp... its incredible!
Some other people around the resort that were amazing, Nicholas at Dino's grill. he called himself the "Vibe guy" not really sure what that means, but every time we saw him in his big floppy hat he waved and would come talk card tricks with my husband.
Natoya at Soy (and I think also at Mariner's Grill) was a wonderful hostess and server. She was constantly checking in on us, and did everything she could to make sure our dinner service was enjoyable. If she saw us sitting with empty drinks she made sure they were filled up.
We had a good time with the playmakers at the pool, but our favorite was Jason (or as he told us to remember his name July, August, Sept. Oct. Nov... blew our minds) He remembered everyone's names after only meeting us once, and just generally did a great job making sure everyone was having a great time.
We had exceptional service with Carl at China Doll, where we went for dinner with friends we had met there. He was very attentive and really made sure to keep our drinks full and ask that we enjoyed our food.
Finally we purchased a poolside cabana on our last day and had Odave as our Cabana guy and he was phenomenal. Always made sure our drinks were full and that we were enjoying our time, even brought over fresh coconut for us!
The ONLY issue we had on the entire trip, (and this is nitpicky) was our mattress, I don't know if they're still in the process of renovating, but the mattress in our room was incredibly stiff and felt like a very old spring mattress.
Overall, we had an AMAZING experience and if we can, we plan on going back for our first anniversary next summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on over 100 acres of lush hillside gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea•529 villas, luxury rooms and suites with fantastic mountain and ocean views•94 pools (7 large public pools), 22 whirlpools•16 dining options including room service for butler serviced suites•2 luxurious Red Lane Spas•Complimentary golf at Jamaica’s most elite and popular golf course, the Sandals Golf & Country Club (Transfers to the golf course are included)•Over 5,000 sq. feet of first class meeting and conference facilities•Recently completed US$60 million renovation/refurbishing exercise•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Grande Riviera ‘Jamaica’s Leading Resort’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sandals Ochi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach And Villa Golf Resort
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ocho Rios
- Ciboney Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ochi Beach Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios