This resort is very disappointing especially for the price.
They advertise 15 restaurants, but only a few are open each day and some are limited only to those who have butler service.
The employees are resentful and miserable (with some notable exceptions, but majority not smiling or helpful).
There were never any towels. The rooms were minimal luxury- the food was overall poor as well as the entertainment.
We stayed at Secrets in Montego Bay which was amazing and much better. I thought sandals would be better but I was sorely wrong.
Furthermore, they nickel and dime you and are constantly trying to sell you things.
Most people at this resort are 55+ in age.
We spent so much money for such horrible service, bad rooms with probably 200 thread count bedding, broken elevators, no room on beach.
The bathroom is so small- I weigh 98 lb and my husband 160 and we both couldn't fit in it. There was only one sink- no tub. Initially no balcony! We upgraded as this was our honeymoon to a room with a balcony, but nothing else.
DO NOT RECOMMEND
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on over 100 acres of lush hillside gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea•529 villas, luxury rooms and suites with fantastic mountain and ocean views•94 pools (7 large public pools), 22 whirlpools•16 dining options including room service for butler serviced suites•2 luxurious Red Lane Spas•Complimentary golf at Jamaica’s most elite and popular golf course, the Sandals Golf & Country Club (Transfers to the golf course are included)•Over 5,000 sq. feet of first class meeting and conference facilities•Recently completed US$60 million renovation/refurbishing exercise•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Grande Riviera ‘Jamaica’s Leading Resort’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Unique Vacations Inc, Evoline ltd, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Ochi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach And Villa Golf Resort
- Sandals Ocho Rios
- Ciboney Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ochi Beach Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios