We were just at this resort for a week from 1/4-1/12 and had an absolute blast! From the butlers to the basics, the service at this resort was top-notch.
Our Butlers (Damian and Oshane) - Incredible. They met us as soon as our bus arrived at the resort and immediately went to work. There's no better way to be welcomed than by these two - they set us up in our villa, and within an hour of arriving we had an incredible meal sitting out for us by the pool and dinner reservations already setup for us. That set the tone for the whole week where Damian and Oshane proved to be quite reliable and did a great job anticipating our next moves and making our stay awesome! If and when we come back to this resort, we would probably go so far as to change our vacation schedule if we couldn't get these two.
Golf - Carl, our caddy, was incredible. We got out for 72 holes - which was 72 more holes than I'd ever played in January before :). and Carl was with us every step of the way. He knows a lot about the game, and as a novice golfer, I learned a lot from playing with him throughout the week, and he was just a fun person to be around. Also, Georgia at the clubhouse always made sure we were taken care of from packing our cooler for the day to setting us up with cigars after the round. Everyone at the golf course was amazing! Also, there are some folks selling jerk chicken/pork in between the 10th and 11th hole - the sauce was dynamite!
Food - For some all-inclusive resorts we have been to, the food takes a back seat, but not here! Special props to the pizza place by the manor pool and the omelet guy at the breakfast buffet in the manor. We visited both almost daily. The restaurants we visited all met our expectations for good food.
Drinks - We spent most of our pool time at the manor pool, and the bartenders/servers there were always attentive. The bartenders down by the other pool were a little less so, as occasionally we'd wait a while for a drink. In the evenings, we were primarily drinking from our well-stocked bar at the villa and playing cards with friends (thanks again, Damian and Oshane!).
The only downsides:
The butlers ride golf carts everywhere in the villas, starting around 7am. Our bedroom in the villa was right by the cart path, so it could get kind of noisy for light sleepers. I didn't sleep in most days b/c we went out golfing early, but you knew when the butler service started in the morning by the hum of the golf carts.
The transfer from Montego Bay to Ocho Rios is long. It's really not too bad, and the drive is pretty - but where this hurt us was on the way home. Being that the resort is so far from the airport, we had to leave early for our flight. Unfortunately, we discovered that our plane was delayed by two and a half hours when we got to the airport. So, we spent a good part of our last day in Jamaica in the airport. If the resort was closer to the airport - we could have spent more time on our last day actually at the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on over 100 acres of lush hillside gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea•529 villas, luxury rooms and suites with fantastic mountain and ocean views•94 pools (7 large public pools), 22 whirlpools•16 dining options including room service for butler serviced suites•2 luxurious Red Lane Spas•Complimentary golf at Jamaica’s most elite and popular golf course, the Sandals Golf & Country Club (Transfers to the golf course are included)•Over 5,000 sq. feet of first class meeting and conference facilities•Recently completed US$60 million renovation/refurbishing exercise•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Grande Riviera ‘Jamaica’s Leading Resort’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Unique Vacations Inc, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Ochi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach And Villa Golf Resort
- Sandals Ocho Rios
- Ciboney Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ochi Beach Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios