We have stayed here 3 time and also omce next door at the Royal Plantation (which is all butler service). The 2 resorts are very different: Grande Riveira has best of both worlds in that you have beach side and villa side. The former being more of a party place and the latter being a little quieter. No hassle really to get the shuttle to the beach from the villa (where we have stayed all 3 times). Agree with some comments on the food - Kellys Dockside is a beautiful setting but the food quality was disappointing. The coffee rubbed steak at the Manor on the other hand was superb and right up there in quality to Gaucho in the UK and Capital Grille in NYC. China Doll is delicious and I think it is an improvement to have both Bayside and Sabrinas as table service in the evening as the quality seems to have improved from the buffet style. Agree also that some of the pool areas could do with an update.
Royal Plantation next door is best of 3 worlds as it is a small, very cosy (but not claustrophobic) atmosphere. Beautiful manicured beaches and lots of intimate spots for couples to just enjoy the whole atmosphere. From Royal Plantation you can visit Grande Riviera and enjoy all it has to offer. Definitely recommend!
Overall our experiences have been very positive - the staff are all so friendly and upbeat you cannot fail to have a great fun time. Only 2 big wishes would be firstly that the website could be tidied up instead of showing dozens of room types in name but many appear to share the same photos, secondly it would be great if Sandals could invest in some bigger, newer buses for the ride from the airport as it can be gruelling (especailly after a 9 hour flight from UK). Don't let that put you off - you will have fun!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on over 100 acres of lush hillside gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea•529 villas, luxury rooms and suites with fantastic mountain and ocean views•94 pools (7 large public pools), 22 whirlpools•16 dining options including room service for butler serviced suites•2 luxurious Red Lane Spas•Complimentary golf at Jamaica’s most elite and popular golf course, the Sandals Golf & Country Club (Transfers to the golf course are included)•Over 5,000 sq. feet of first class meeting and conference facilities•Recently completed US$60 million renovation/refurbishing exercise•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Grande Riviera ‘Jamaica’s Leading Resort’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Unique Vacations Inc, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Ochi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach And Villa Golf Resort
- Sandals Ocho Rios
- Ciboney Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ochi Beach Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios