Really enjoyed our stay here. Overall great resort. We had a Concierge room in the Riviera with an ocean view, so our room was delightful with a stocked mini bar and fridge. The Concierge booked reservations for us and check in and check out were a breeze. This is a must!
We were able to dine at all the restaurants in the Riviera portion of the resort. Our favorites for breakfast were room service on the balcony eating fruit and omelets with Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee (the best!) or eating the great buffet at Bayside including fresh squeeze orange juice. Lunch spots we liked the most were the Barefoot Grill (jerk chicken and coconut shrimp) and Bella Napoli pizza (Hawaiian). Dinner favorites were Neptune's, Kelly's Dockside, and Kimono's. All the food was good, but wanted to highlight our favorites.
Our favorite drinks were the Jamaican Smile, Boom Boom, Hummingbird, Appleton Rum and Sprite, Mai Tai, and Rum Runner.
We loved sitting in the free beach beds at the Ochi Beach Club under the almond tree. Snorkeling in the swimming area was great too. We also loved the free activities like the Hobie Cat sailing. Ethel's Piano Bar was a fun way to end the evening.
Dunn River Falls was a little too commercialized for us. If you are into hiking and waterfalls and nature, I would avoid. If you like Disneyland with creepy peddlers lurking around, check it out.
Not the most romantic resort because they had rap music playing on the beach at 9 AM every morning, but they changed the mood in the evenings. Fun place to come with your married friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on over 100 acres of lush hillside gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea•529 villas, luxury rooms and suites with fantastic mountain and ocean views•94 pools (7 large public pools), 22 whirlpools•16 dining options including room service for butler serviced suites•2 luxurious Red Lane Spas•Complimentary golf at Jamaica’s most elite and popular golf course, the Sandals Golf & Country Club (Transfers to the golf course are included)•Over 5,000 sq. feet of first class meeting and conference facilities•Recently completed US$60 million renovation/refurbishing exercise•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Grande Riviera ‘Jamaica’s Leading Resort’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Jetsetter and Hotwire so you can book your Sandals Ochi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach And Villa Golf Resort
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ocho Rios
- Ciboney Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ochi Beach Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios