“Best honeymoon ever” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Ocho Rios
St. Louis Mo
“Best honeymoon ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Jamaica is already an ideal spot for lovers, but having butlers makes it infinitely better. Our butlers Israel and Damien made our stay wonderful. they were kind, professional, fun and knowledgeable. they went above and beyond. I celebrated a birthday while on our trip and they decorated the room with flowers and amazing towel sculptures and even made me a card. I have never been treated with the level of customer service and guest relations as I have here. I recommend this resort and these 2 exceptional butlers to everyone. on your next romantic getaway pick this one and ask for Israel and Damien. We are going to make this a yearly experience

Room Tip: choose a villa with a private pool or semi private and definitely get a butler also pay a little ext...
1 Thank hunieb

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,456)
Derby, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was our first trip to a Sandal's and we were impressed to say the least. Our accomodations were perfect. We received a free upgrade and had a beautiful room which shared a semi-private pool. All of our meals were fantastic! We have to plan another trip as we didn't have enough time to try all the restaurants. We loved all the pools and bars but found ourselves frequenting the beach club. The pool bar was awesome! The staff was super friendly and we never had to wait to catch a shuttle between the hillside and beachside. We loved the daily activities sheet and we stayed busy snorkeling, listening to steel drum bands and soooo much more! We will definitely plan another trip to Jamaica and it will be to Sandal's Grande Riviera!!!!

Room Tip: Hillside villas were private but still easy walking distance to great house. The resort also has go...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Erin B
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Just returned from my first week long vacation in 9 years and was having a hard time selecting a resort to go to. Decided to splurge in the end, and not only booked Sandals but also selected a butler suite. We got a great deal on the upgraded room, comparatively speaking to other high end all inclusive resorts, we decided to take the chance on the butler suite even though we were a little leery about the idea of having someone waiting on us. Let me first just say, the Butlers were AMAZING! All of the staff in general was extremely friendly and they would all talk with you as they passed to make sure you had anything you needed and were enjoying yourself. Keep in mind we went during "honeymoon" month when they are at high capacity and still had excellent service without waiting. We were on the Manor side of the property and were concerned we may have to wait to get to the beach side... it was never a problem and even after buses stopped normal service you were never stranded. Our trip started with the arrival into Jamaica which was quick and efficient. The ride was an interesting 1.5 hr trip along the coast were we received information about the sites along the way. Once we arrived on property, we were ushered into the Butler lounge and got to meet our Butlers for the first time. Israel and Damian took us to our room gave us a little orientation and we chatted a bit. Since we didn't know what we wanted to do, we left it in their hands... and they spoiled us rotten!!! So much so, they had to drag me to the bus kicking and screaming to leave :-) We were both celebrating birthdays the week we were there and they made everyday our birthday!!! I would tell you more about the amazing things that they did but I wouldn't want to ruin your surprises should you go to this resort. Let's just say, they really went out of their way to make sure we felt like the only couple they were taking care of. We told Israel that I really wanted to go into Ocho Rios to the Hard Rock to get a glass but was unsure of going into town. So he called and found that they had closed but we decided with another couple that we wanted to head to downtown for a couple of hours anyway - so Israel escorted us all 4 of us! It was great to ask questions about the local area with our own guide. We opted for 2 excursions while there, the heritage horse back ride and the catamaran cruise to Dunn's Falls. Both were so much fun - make sure to take tips for the guides, you forget to carry money while on property. The property itself was well maintained and just as pictured, which I was pleased to see upon arrival. Food is pretty good and there is a little something for everyone. We really enjoyed The Manor, Kimonos, Soy and Kelly's. We also hit the spa and washed away the tension with massages. The entertainment was so much fun - both the shows and thanks to the Playmakers! They are a fun bunch! We had a great time with Raquel especially... In addition, we observed her being extremely helpful to many of the guests that didn't have butlers with getting them lined up with restaurants and activities. I really wished that I could personally thank all of the staff that made it an unforgettable trip!!!

Room Tip: There are so many room choices. It really depends on the amenities you are looking for.
6 Thank Dene H
Bay Shore, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

We recently went to Sandals Grande Riviera for out 15th anniversary. We went to Sandals Antigua for our honeymoon, Sandals Grande St. Lucian for our 10th anniversary and Sandals Royal Bahamian 3 years ago. We have enjoyed the Sandals resorts for their great staff as well as entertainment, food and just to have a great time, which we always have. The Play Makers staff were the best! Especially Karah and Taniesha. The bartenders: Anthaniel, Lopez, Sheldon, and Michael were also great. Sharon our hostess for our cabana (and Sheshawn) were the best. I cannot say enough about the staff, they really are there to make your stay enjoyable . From Tamara at the gift shop(who noticed and sewed right on the spot the strap on the dress I was buying) to Panzie who took care of us for our candlelight dinner. Tex (so entertaining) really made our night at Kimonos. The only downfall to our trip was that I had booked the least expensive room considering this was our fourth trip to Sandals and was only upgraded to the next level because our room had just been painted and still had the smell of paint. When we went to Grande St. Lucian I had booked the Honeymoon Lagoon Swim up Pool room which was very expensive. I did not realize that I should have asked about an upgrade, but I thought that they would have given it to us considering the above. We will still continue to go to Sandals Resorts as all of our stays have been great. Sincerely, David and Laurie

1 Thank Lauriet57
Cedar Falls, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

We recently returned from Sandals Grande. This was our fourth trip to Jamaica and our second to Sandals Grande. We have also been to Sandals Montego Bay and Sandals Negril. We enjoyed Sandals Grande so much the first time we decided to return. We were also anxious to see the rennovations. We started working with our travel agent, Ruth DeMuth of Trip Guy Travel 9 months prior to our vacation. Ruth is very knowledgable about Jamaica and the Sandals resorts. We have worked with her to plan the last three vacations we have been on. She travels to Jamaica a great deal herself, so she knows many of the staff and other companies working in the area. This helps get you hooked up with the best services!! For the second time we used Reggae Tours for private transfer to the resort. Kirk was our driver for both trips. This is a nice way to see different things, ask questions and make the trip to the resort your own. Ruth also helped us get set up on the Reading Roadtrip with the Sandals Foundation. I will definitely add this to my vacation list every time I go!! What an amazing experience and a great opportunity to see the schools and learn about the education system. If you decide to do this, find out what the school you are visiting is in need of and pack some supplies or treats to take to the school. We took books, colored pencils, first aid supplies and jump ropes.

This was by far our best vacation in Jamaica!! My husband and I traveled with two other couples and we all stayed in the same Villa on the Manor side of the resort. What made the vacation the most memorable, relaxing and all around perfect were the fantastic butlers. We have never had butlers and do not consider ourselves "butler" people, but now I am not sure we could do without. It turned out perfect because of the butlers we had. We had two butler teams working with our crew. We were fortunate to have Jackie, Stanford, Joseph and Analisa. They were beyond amazing. They got to know us very well and took care of everything we needed, even when we didn't ask or know we needed it. We had daily pool parties at our Villa where they brought us a spread of food and drink. Everyday we enjoyed coconut shrimp, jerk chicken and sushi. We got to know the butlers very well and they not only provided for our needs, but they also were very entertaining as well. We will be back to see our friends at SGR!!!!!

The food at Sandals resorts is always great, but we decided this time was the best food! If you like sushi, you should choose this resort just to visit Soy restaurant! Our server Verona was awesome, she even served us her own sushi recipe that was not on the menu. Not only was the food great, but so was the atmosphere. The other restaurants we ate at were Kelly's, Sabrina's, The Reef Terrace, Valentino's and Neptunes. We were planning to eat at Kimono's as well, but ended up having a pool party at our Villa that night instead. We have had Kimono's before and the one at SGR looked very nice. Every meal we ate was excellent. I had a great deal of steak and sea food. The breakfast buffet was also top notch with the made to order omelets, deliciious french toast and a ton of fresh fruit. The people at Sandals Grande help to make the vacation out of this world. Some of the standouts in addition to our butlers were Damian at Kelly's, Andre at the pool bar, Kenroy at the Reef and Omar at the piano bar were awesome!

The property itself is beautiful. There are so many things to do. All three of the pools are very nice. The rennovations turned out awesome and all of the restaurants, bars and building areas are beautiful. We utilized the fitness facility, the sauna and the steam room in the spa. All were very nice and met our needs. Our room was awesome and and met our needs perfectly. The bed was comfortable and the living space was perfect. We drank coffee on the patio each morning that our butlers brought to us right on time. Overall I give my experience, the staff, the resort and the food an A+. I could not have asked for a better vacation and I will soon come back! Thank you Ruth DeMuth for hooking us up once again!!

Room Tip: Villa rooms are a perfect location for quiet and the jitneys are always available to take you to the...
1 Thank Krista P
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Ochi Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
We're so thrilled to read about your second amazing stay at Sandals Grande Riviera. It's always so encouraging to know about the great experiences our guests have on resort. I'm happy that you enjoyed our beautiful property, our fine dining, luxurious accommodations and the genuine hospitality of our staff.

Thank you so much for your review! We can't wait to welcome you back again!

Cassie C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

We spent a week at the Sandals Grand Riviera for a family vacation. My parents, my husband and I, as well as my little sister and her husband all went together. It was a blast. We loved all of the activities the resort offered. Scuba diving, snorkeling, sailing, ATV tour, and Dunn River Falls tour to name a few. All were better than expected. No activity hassles or surprise charages. Our butlers were fantastic and made the whole experience feel even more personalized. We were sorry to have to say goodbye to them! The food was fantastic and ever person on staff was friendly. WE LOVED IT and plan to be Sandals customers in the future!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We're so thrilled to read about your awesome vacation at Sandals Grande Riviera. We always strive to offer the best in accommodations, entertainment, customer service and dining to our wonderful guests. I'm so glad that we were able to accomplish that goal during your stay.

We can't wait to welcome you back for another perfect vacation with us!

Thank you for your review.

Cassie C.
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Destination wedding in April 2013 for my niece brought us to Jamaica and the Sandal’s Grand Riviera resort. The Staff is very friendly and helpful, the resort beautiful and well maintained. Your time there can be as busy as you wish with so many activities to choose from, or do nothing at all except lie by a pool or beach and soak up the sun and ocean breezes. Be sure to use sunscreen! Take advantage of the "Orientation" tour, as it helps to know most of the ins and outs of the resort, rather than just bumble across them. The ""Daily Breeze" is their snapshot flyer for all activities and events going on during any given day at the resort, including a list of weddings at the bottom of the flyer for each day. I'm biased, but I think that my niece's wedding was perfect. The staff worked very hard at making the wedding as stress free as possible for all involved. It was truly a magical and memorable event.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor on the ocean's edge side, so it was rather quiet. Most of the rooms...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Couples Sans Souci
#4 of 36 in Ocho Rios
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,711 reviews
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island

Been to Sandals Ochi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!