This is the third time we have visited this resort but it is our first stay since the major renovation of this property and our first stay in a villa. It was fantastic!!!
I must start by saying thank you to Ruth DeMuth from Tripguy Travel. She helped us plan our trip for over a year including our accomodations, private transfer and booking the Reading Road Trip. Ruth knows everything Sandals and Jamaica. I wouldn't book with any other TA and I highly recommend her.
We stayed in building 65 which as a villa on the manor side of the resort. These villas have been renovated and are beautiful inside. Beds are comfortable, views from our balcony were great and having our own private pool was awesome! I was concerned about going back and forth between the manor side and the riviera side but it was no problem at all. We were a short walk to the manor house and almost everytime we walked up there was a shuttle waiting to go to the other side. Transfer took three minutes tops.
What really made our trip special was our team of butlers. They are more than we could have hoped for. Our butler team of Stanford and Jackie along with their partners Analisa and Joseph catered to our every need. Even needs we didn't know we had! Each day we'd do whatever we wanted and then arrive back at our villa late afternoon for our version of pool happy hour. They made sure we had snacks and kept the Red Stripe Light coming. Most of all they were fantastic people. We really enjoyed getting to know them and it was evident that they have kind hearts and really enjoy their jobs. We will definitely keep in touch and request them when we return to SGR. We never thought we were butler guests but we have been so spoiled by them I don't think we can go without!
The property is really large but that is what makes it great in my opinion. In our six nights there we always found something new to do. All three pools that we visited were great, the cardio room and sauna were clean and well maintained and the grounds were beautiful.
If you have the opportunity to participate in a Reading Road Trip with the Sandals Foundation during your stay I highly recommend it. This was a great experience and one I plan to repeat each time we take a Sandals vacation. The students and staff were very appreciative of our time and it was a great way to see Jamaica outside of the resort.
Last but not least, the food! The food was the best of our five previous stays at Sandals. We enjoyed pizzas, jerk and coconut shrimp in the afternoons. For dinner we ate at Valentinos, Sabrinas, Reef Terrace, Kellys, Neptunes and Soy. Soy was out of this world good! Hats off to some of the amazing staff in these restuarants including Verona at Soy, Kenroy at Reef, Damian at Kelly's and Andre at the ampitheatre pool. The staff really make this resort special.
Without a doubt, we'll be back to SGR!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on over 100 acres of lush hillside gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea•529 villas, luxury rooms and suites with fantastic mountain and ocean views•94 pools (7 large public pools), 22 whirlpools•16 dining options including room service for butler serviced suites•2 luxurious Red Lane Spas•Complimentary golf at Jamaica’s most elite and popular golf course, the Sandals Golf & Country Club (Transfers to the golf course are included)•Over 5,000 sq. feet of first class meeting and conference facilities•Recently completed US$60 million renovation/refurbishing exercise•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Grande Riviera ‘Jamaica’s Leading Resort’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Ochi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach And Villa Golf Resort
- Sandals Ocho Rios
- Ciboney Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ochi Beach Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios