This was our first visit to Jamaica and our second to a Sandals resort. As noted by many reviewers, it is a solid 1 and 1/2 to 2 hour tedious drive from the Montego Bay airport. We chose to stay on the Manor side of the property in the Panoramic Ocean Vista Poolside 1 bedroom butler suite so upon arrival we were taken to the butler guest waiting area where we were offered drinks and cold towels. Within ten minutes our butler came and took us and our luggage to Villa 50 which is on the top of the hill. Room is satisfactory and definitely shows some wear, but what the room lacks the view makes up for. There are only two villas at the top of the hill with this view, thus only eight rooms. We stayed on the bottom floor so we could walk to the semi private pool. We felt safe the entire time. Note...the beds are very hard and incredibly squeaky.
To be honest with you, after the first day of trying to get over to the beachside we realized this property was too big for us. That being said, we enjoyed most of our time at our pool attached to the room. We had all the food and drinks delivered there and there was only one instance where room service took an hour. We were lucky enough to be the only ones in our villa so we did not have to share the pool with anyone. As for dinners, we enjoyed all the meals we had. We also never had an issue with weak drinks when we went to the bars. The returning guests dinner was exceptional and entertaining.
The one thing that consistently stood out to me was the friendliness of ALL the employees. We never encountered anyone who was unfriendly. A few who really made an impression are Narone from water sports, Donavan our server at Reef Terrace, Fernando our server at the Manor, Clarke our server at Kelly's, Ann-Marie our housekeeper, Nemo from water sports, Venarch our server at Manor when we just had dessert and drinks, Brandon our server at Reef Terrace our second time there, and most importantly, our TERRIFIC butlers, Kadesha and Devin, who made our stay effortless.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on over 100 acres of lush hillside gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea•529 villas, luxury rooms and suites with fantastic mountain and ocean views•94 pools (7 large public pools), 22 whirlpools•16 dining options including room service for butler serviced suites•2 luxurious Red Lane Spas•Complimentary golf at Jamaica’s most elite and popular golf course, the Sandals Golf & Country Club (Transfers to the golf course are included)•Over 5,000 sq. feet of first class meeting and conference facilities•Recently completed US$60 million renovation/refurbishing exercise•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Grande Riviera ‘Jamaica’s Leading Resort’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Sandals Ochi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach And Villa Golf Resort
- Sandals Ocho Rios
- Ciboney Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ochi Beach Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios