Sandals Ochi Beach Resort
Moon Palace Jamaica(Ocho Rios)
$528
Bookit.com
$75
$64
Jamaica Inn(Ocho Rios)
$405
$339
Hibiscus Lodge Hotel(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
$115
$111
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
$88
$73
Kaz Kreol Beach Lodge(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
$87
$67
Hotels.com
Ocean Sands(Ocho Rios)
$65
Priceline
TripAdvisor
9,141 results
All reviewsmanor sideriviera sidereef terracebutler villagebutler servicemanor housekelly's docksidemanor poolgreat housesouthern tablesemi private poolle gourmandpolo loungerabbit holeclub levelour honeymoonriviera building
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I went here for our honeymoon a month ago (January of 2013). It was absolutely fabulous! We were treated so well. Mark Starkey and his staff made us feel like we were old friends who had been away for far too long. The accommodations were just beautiful and the scenery was breathtaking. The beach and lagoons were amazing. We stayed in a honeymoon villa with a semi-private pool up on the hillside. We sat by our pool sipping champagne or drinking red stripe. At night we would listen to the tree frogs. When we wanted to have fun, there was always something to do, day or night! Natallia, Joelle and the rest of the playmakers staff always had an activity or fantastic show to put on. Especially the white party, which was amazing, I've never seen so much chocolate in my life. We had a private photo shoot with photographer Kimbalee. She took romantic photos and kept us on time for our dinner reservation. The restaurants and bars were superb. My husband came down with the flu on day three. The nurse and doctor took such good care of him and the staff checked on us to make sure everything was ok. He was able to get proper medical care and medication to ease his symptoms and enjoy the rest of our honeymoon. A special thank you to Patrina, who worked in the gift shop. She told my husband Jamaicans hardly every get the flu because at the first sign of it they jump in the ocean. She told him to go jump in the gorgeous, healing Caribbean and that's just what he did. She was right. He felt so much better after that. We made so many friends and I wish I could remember everyone's names. I wish we had more time there. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Every room is a good room!
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We visited Grande Riviera for two weeks at the end of January. Both of us were apprehensive as to whether the Sandals experience would live up to its reputation, as this was the most we had ever spent on a holiday.
We could not have been more happy. The resort was stunning, green, well manicured, clean and spacious. The staff beyond friendly, helpful and efficient. We've now been spoilt and can't imagine another 'Adult only' holiday anywhere else (if we can persuade the grandparents to care for our two little ones again)
Dining was great in the evening with not a disappointing restaurant. Some people were claiming that the food was not up to much but then went on to say that they regularly dined in some of the finest restaurants in London. For us (we consider ourselves to enjoy food) it was great. Enough variety and tastes to ensure we ate differently each night.
All the facilities were great but the Spa on the 'sea' side was not as nice as that in the main 'mountainside' building.
All the staff were fantastic but special mentions to Oren and Latoya (the Butlers) they made our holiday extra special and unforgettable. Nikeesha and Norma from the Red Lane Spa soothed away all our many stresses. Joel, Natallia, Shane, Sasha and Rodney kept the entertainment coming. Bishop ('Why Not') and Carlando were great in the bars and restaurants.
It was a great mix of guests, both in age group, nationality and personality

Room Tip: The villa's are great, don't be put off by the Jitney service as it's very regular and actually a pleasant walk down anyway
3  Thank TimFitzsimmons
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was our 2nd trip to Grande Riviera - and the dive team is still the best. Dennis, Mouse, Semaj, and Winston are a great team. They went out of their way to ensure we enjoyed our dives, pointed out turtles, sting rays, etc - making sure we got some great photos to take home with us. My husband arranged a private dive as my birthday present; the dive team had a special surprise for me as well!!! We look forward to our next trip and seeing the dive team again!!

Room Tip: The resort is split by a major highway; pay close attention to the map if you want to stay on the beach. Make restaurant reservations as soon as you get there as they fill up fast.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kristina S
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My wife and I and our best friends just returned from our trip a week ago and this was our best trip ever! We have been to many different places and resorts but have never stayed at a Sandals.The staff at this place was amazing. From the minute we arrived everyone was welcoming and ready to assist to make our stay one to remember. The grounds are absolutely georgeous and everything was very clean and well looked after.The food was great and you will never go hungry. There is too much to list and too many people to thank however we do want to point out a few. Mark, one of the resort managers went out of his way each time we saw him to make sure we would experience the best of everything. Also if you love to scuba dive as much as we do, the PADI dive centre at the resort is second to none. The instructors are professional and are there for your safety every step of the way including the captain of the vessal. My wife and I both completed our Advanced certification here and everyone was very helpful in ensuring we had the best dives and experiences. Special thanks to our instructors Ike and Dennis! If you are going to do any outside activities, make sure to go on the Cat- boat trip to Dunns river falls and the Bob Marley tour as well. They were a blast! Check out the piano bar in the evening and Ricardo will take good care of you and make you laugh! Thanks for everything Sandals, Denis & Michelle Benvegnu.

1  Thank Diver1_CDN
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Before going on our trip, I read many of the reviews relating to this resort. I admit I became a bit nervous because some of the comments were troubling (and most were very unfounded).

I'll address the topics that "could" generate negative reviews based on our first hand experience. The most important factor (to us) at this resort is knowing where your room is. The resort is basically 2 resorts with many of the rooms away from the beach and up on the hillside. Being "up there" requires a short shuttle ride to/from the beach and if you don't know that in advance, you may not like it as much as being closer to the shoreline. It was obvious when the airport transportation bus was dropping guests off, that many didn't know they were staying "up there". I will also state that "up there" is more upscale and fancy. The main (Great House) pool area is stunning.

My wife and I are "beach people" so we were happy that our room was down near the beach.

The other topic that generated some potentially valid negative comments is the general confusion over "reserved" pool or beach lounge chairs and/or Cabana's. I did notice that the cabana's all had "reserved" signs above them (which was OK with us as we wouldn't want to be in them anyway) , however for other's it seemed easy enough just to "ask". We didn't see anyone turned away from requesting a cabana. The same goes with the beach lounge chairs. We noticed that the beach staff was reserving some of them. We were a bit confused so we simply asked! A young beach staffer "Chaz" graciously explained that anyone can reserve a favorite chair/spot on the beach and he then went above and beyond making sure our chairs were all set up for us each and every morning! Chaz even brought us drinks and in general made our beach experience fantastic.

Other comments saying there was no premium liquor in the bars and/or the food was bad was terribly unfounded. The bars are fully stocked with premium liquors of all types and the food was far above our expectations. We had stayed at a different "all inclusive" resort for two prior years (in Montego Bay) and we thought the food there was "pretty darn good".. By comparison the dining experience at Sandals was incredible! Our first dinner was at the "Reef Terrace" and we really enjoyed it. Later in our stay we met 3 lovely "Soy" staffers (Latoya, Tameka and Susan) who treated us like we were family. The Sushi was also excellent! We had diner up on the hill at Sabrina's one evening and that was also first class. We dined most of the time at Bayside and it was always very good and very convenient. We tried the pizza, burgers and coconut shrimp at several of the other more casual places and were always happy.

We spent many evenings at the outdoor Terrace Bar enjoying the water views, fireplace feature, live music, great drinks and personal service.

Our room (in a garden cottage) was very nice. Walking to/from the room was like being in a tropical paradise. The trees, plants, flowers and water features were breathtaking. The room was very quiet and peaceful. All we could hear were the "tree frogs" and the water cascading from a waterfall outside the room's walkway.

This was our first Sandal's vacation and it will not be our last. We loved it.

Room Tip: Make sure you know where your room is. Rooms up on the hillside require a shuttle to bring you down to the beach and to the many places to eat that are located down in the lower section. The upper rooms/resort area did seem a bit more upscale so that's also something to consider.