I traveled to Sandals with my husband (we are 26 and 27) and my parents (who are early 50s) from January 9th-16th and we had an amazing time! Collectively, I think the 4 of us have been to the Carribean over 30 times and this was one of the best vacations yet... we all agreed!
The ride to the resort is a little long but our driver's were so knowledgeable and the time flew by. We also stopped for restrooms and a quick red stripe which helped too! Check-in was a breeze and we had our rooms within 10 minutes.
We stayed on the beachside in a concierge room. We were not actually booked for concierge but all four of us were upgraded as soon as we arrived. Ya mon! The room was great- amazing views of the water and the pier, standard bar stocked with generic liquors, a safe, and an extremely comfortable bed. Our housekeepers kept the room beautiful everyday and also arranged our towels into something creative on the bed.
Drinks were delicious and we met so many amazing bartenders and staff everywhere we went. Food was great - especially Kelly's and Valentino's - we LOVED basically every meal! We loved the sushi as well but the last night my husband did get sick. We think it was the sushi, but it could have just been 6 days of drinking and constant eating :) But I'm glad it happened the last night so that the rest of the trip wasn't ruined.
Some areas they are lacking I think is in entertainment, although the steel drum band was great! We also loved the beach party (tons of fresh lobster) and the chocolate party- INCREDIBLE! They had workers covered in chocolate and everything you could have imagined to eat.
Shoutouts to all of my favorite people there - hope I'm not forgetting anyone! Aquilla, our fabulous housekeeper who taught my husband how to dance, Junior (amazing dinner and entertainment at Kimono's), Pappy (SOOO hilarious- thanks for the great times at the bar and for sharing in some rum with us), Monique (great drink service on the beach), Kirk/Michael/Craig (GREAT service from all of you!), TERIQUE - you are so awesome!, Ennis - awesome bartender, Andre (A to the N to the D-R-E)... and everyone else I am forgetting. I did not meet a single negative person who was not willing to help us and make our stay better.... the people are what make Sandals so great!
Our excursion to Dunn's was canceled for rough waters so that was a bummer and we had one awful rainy day. Thank you to the staff for setting up a movie projector for the football games and for all of the wings and nachos... the day turned out great.
Overall ,fabulous trip and we cannot wait to go back next February!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on over 100 acres of lush hillside gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea•529 villas, luxury rooms and suites with fantastic mountain and ocean views•94 pools (7 large public pools), 22 whirlpools•16 dining options including room service for butler serviced suites•2 luxurious Red Lane Spas•Complimentary golf at Jamaica’s most elite and popular golf course, the Sandals Golf & Country Club (Transfers to the golf course are included)•Over 5,000 sq. feet of first class meeting and conference facilities•Recently completed US$60 million renovation/refurbishing exercise•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Grande Riviera ‘Jamaica’s Leading Resort’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, BookIt.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sandals Ochi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach And Villa Golf Resort
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ocho Rios
- Ciboney Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ochi Beach Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios