We spent our honeymoon and 1st anniversary here and loved every minute so we were really excited to be going back for our 6th anniversary knowing the resort had been refurbished.
On the 1st morning we went over to the beautifully refurbished Ochi Beach Club to sign up for a dive (my husband did his Open Water in 06 and AOW in 07 at this resort) and we were SO happy to see many of the dive instructors that we knew still working there. Kevin Johnson, who taught my husband to dive is a great instructor and so patient, Benjie (Shavon) and Jeno also remembered us, they are all so friendly. Apart from our happy memories from previous trips the diving and dive centre team is what draws us back to this resort.
We stayed in a concierge room - St Annes Honeymoon Villa with semi private pool - which was very nice and more comfortable than 5 years ago. Some restaurants have changed - no San Genarro which used to be our favourite restaurant or Arizona's but these have been replaced by Kimonos and Kelly's Dockside which are just as nice and serve up delicious food, also the weekly chocolate party is a very welcome addition at the Manor House! Some people complained about small portions of food but we were always stuffed full, and you only had to ask if you wanted a bigger portion or something extra, the staff at Bayside were especially nice.
We decided to renew our vows this trip as there was a special offer on, apart from the hard sell for all the extras beforehand (which I found very stressful), it was a very lovely experience. Anna Kay from Wedding Services and Fabion, the butler at the Reef Terrace were brilliant and it was a really special day for us.
We did have some minor complaints during this trip but the staff are always willing to help and put things right. We love Sandals and will go back again, we enjoy the special dinners for returning guests and the extra treats you get (e.g. free bottles of rum), the resort is so beautiful and so big it never gets boring!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on over 100 acres of lush hillside gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea•529 villas, luxury rooms and suites with fantastic mountain and ocean views•94 pools (7 large public pools), 22 whirlpools•16 dining options including room service for butler serviced suites•2 luxurious Red Lane Spas•Complimentary golf at Jamaica’s most elite and popular golf course, the Sandals Golf & Country Club (Transfers to the golf course are included)•Over 5,000 sq. feet of first class meeting and conference facilities•Recently completed US$60 million renovation/refurbishing exercise•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Grande Riviera ‘Jamaica’s Leading Resort’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Ochi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach And Villa Golf Resort
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ocho Rios
- Ciboney Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ochi Beach Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios