Went here on our Honeymoon and after all the adverts were expecting real 5 star luxury. We had a very rocky start when after 12 hours of travelling arrived to a shabby hotel at the beach complex with a noisy bar below us that went on until 1 am. The following morning we were swiftly moved to a Villa on the Hillside when we did get the relaxed luxury we were hoping for. It included a bedroom, lounge, kitchen and private pool for the 4 apartments in our block.
The food is good but falls short of great. But there's plenty of choice. The service is good and there's lots of staff around to help with whatever you desire. It also has a no tipping policy which was great.
We much preferred the Hillside and felt the villas were more recently refurbished. The hotel rooms at the beach location and especially the corridors are in need of a facelift.
The pools are lovely but be prepared for an entertainment team to play music and do games for a proportion of the day. I'm not sure why they think people want this but apparently they do. Turning the volume down would be no bad thing.
Finally the drinks do flow all day and the swim up bars are great for cocktails and lively chat with the guests.
We wouldn't return as there are so any other places to visit and overall it does fall short of being a 5 star resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on over 100 acres of lush hillside gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea•529 villas, luxury rooms and suites with fantastic mountain and ocean views•94 pools (7 large public pools), 22 whirlpools•16 dining options including room service for butler serviced suites•2 luxurious Red Lane Spas•Complimentary golf at Jamaica’s most elite and popular golf course, the Sandals Golf & Country Club (Transfers to the golf course are included)•Over 5,000 sq. feet of first class meeting and conference facilities•Recently completed US$60 million renovation/refurbishing exercise•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Grande Riviera ‘Jamaica’s Leading Resort’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Ochi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach And Villa Golf Resort
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ocho Rios
- Ciboney Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ochi Beach Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios