My wife and I had a fantastic time at the Sandals Grand Riviera Beach and Villa Golf Resort. We stayed for an entire week from 3-12-11 to 3-19-11 and from the moment we arrived in Jamaica Sandals had arranged for everything. We got around very easily with Jitneys and Shuttle buses. All of the restaurants had great food and service. We never had to wait to be seated. We we never hungry. They have so many restaurants we did not get to try them all. The restaurants we tried were awesome. There was seafood, Asian, Italian, and all kinds of international and caribbean cuisine to choose from. We stayed on the Villa/Manor side. It was very private and romantic. It was perfect. I read reviews about people complaining about construction noise on the beach side so we decided to stay on the Villa side. We made the right choice. Sandals is building a new restaurant near the beach so I can imagine if your room was close to that it could be annoying. However, we were not inconvenienced by this at all.
We went zip lining and on the Dunn's River Falls tours. These were amazing once in a lifetime experiences. Zip lining through the mountain jungles and climbing about a thousand feet up the waterfall. I recommend these activities. Spicy Jo our tour driver for the Zip Line was hilarious.
The room was spacious and had everything we needed. Dawnette was our "room stylist" and every day a new creative scene involving animals made from towels was left on our bed with fresh flower petals. It was very beautiful. All of the staff made us feel welcome. We did not want to go when our time was up. Our concierge Georgia made sure we were taken care of. She helped us plan and confirm all of our events/activities. The other staff that stood out during our trip were the bubbly and energetic Josie the Playmaker, the magic hands and playfulness of Nastasia (Red Lane, all of the spa people we dealt with were amazing, Thanks), Kevon (aka "Shortman") the waiter at Neptune's/Mariner's Grill & Pops the Jitney driver who made sure not to spill our beer on the rides home! These were only the peoples names we can remember, but everyone we met was great. Everyone was polite and helpful. It was very refreshing and relaxing. Sandals has a daily itinerary with everything planned out for you. It was so nice to not have to plan anything. All we had to do was eat, drink, and be merry... I mean IRIE.
Thank you all for a memorable vacation we will never forget. Job well done. See you soon :)
Jon & Kelly B.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on over 100 acres of lush hillside gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea•529 villas, luxury rooms and suites with fantastic mountain and ocean views•94 pools (7 large public pools), 22 whirlpools•16 dining options including room service for butler serviced suites•2 luxurious Red Lane Spas•Complimentary golf at Jamaica’s most elite and popular golf course, the Sandals Golf & Country Club (Transfers to the golf course are included)•Over 5,000 sq. feet of first class meeting and conference facilities•Recently completed US$60 million renovation/refurbishing exercise•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Grande Riviera ‘Jamaica’s Leading Resort’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Ochi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach And Villa Golf Resort
- Sandals Ocho Rios
- Ciboney Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ochi Beach Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios