“Home away from home.”

Pineapple Court Hotel
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I feel so guilty for waiting over a month to write this, because I honestly feel indebted to Tracey and her staff for making me feel like I was staying at a loving relative's home.
I stayed at Pineapple Court Hotel with a friend from 29 September to 8 October 2013.
The purpose of the trip was to meet my 24 year-old Jamaican son who I had not seen since he was an infant. From the polite desk service to the clean rooms and free coffee in the morning to having all our questions answered, the trip couldn't have been more pleasant and stress free.
One of the best things about the hotel which may have gone unmentioned in other reviews is that there are very nice little safes in each room to keep your valuables securely. Being able to walk around in downtown Ocho Rios without having to keep all of your valuables on your person also is a stress-reliever.
I have to give a shout out to my girl, Tamika, for not only doing cleaning duties, but also working the desk some days. She's a gorgeous lady. I loved the entire staff. They all put up with my non-stop chatter about the old days in Jamaica and how crazy the entire world is these days. And they never said "no" to any request I made.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Minburi
Tracey D, Manager at Pineapple Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

It was a great pleasure hosting you last month. We are pleased that you enjoyed it too. Thank you again for your support and your wonderful review. All the best to you both. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We found a very peaceful and relaxing stay at what we felt right away were are friends there who own and operate the lovely hideaway took absolute care of our every want and need!
And Fabio made me the most delicious pizza I've ever eaten in a dozen trips and travels all around Jamaica! He'd does have a leg up on most Jamaicans though, he is a born Italian!
Wonderful and magical place!
Bravo,!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tracey D, Manager at Pineapple Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel when it first opened.
I found it to be clean and comfortable and the staff very accommodating.
The location is a short walk from the town centre which I found to be a bonus and as the hotel is situated off the main road, I found it to be relaxing and peaceful

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank SisterGad
Tracey D, Manager at Pineapple Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Hi,
Thank you for remembering us after almost a year. We are happy that you were pleased with your stay and appreciate your positive comments. Hope to host you again. soon.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

My family and I stayed here in July. Please be aware that this hotel is no 5 star resort...its not fancy, and doesn't have all the bells and whistles. That being said, what this hotel does have is comfort, cleanliness and superb service. I began by saying that my family and I stayed here....let me put it into context...5 children (4 of them under 10) and 3 adults. Not once were we made to feel embarrassed by the constant noise and messes the kids were making, as a matter of fact we were encouraged to let the kids have fun. I asked for a wifi connection on my arrival and was promptly informed of the hotel's FREE wifi, even more surprisingly, after a day there, we were even moved to a room where the wifi signal was stronger. I'm not sure if Carlene was the owner, manager or just one of the staff, but she was beyond excellent. The pool, though small and simple, was perfect for us, and the little play park was great. Small bar downstairs the hotel and an onsite pizzeria made for the perfect getaway. The hotel is quiet, comfortable and lovely for a vacation. Ocho Rios's sights and sounds are just a few mins away, but in no way an issue for this hotel. Our tv had a strange issue and they replaced it promptly and even offered to move us to another room if we wanted....and the hotel was occupied by the way. We all went to a fancy schmancy all inclusive resort after a week at pineapple court, and we so missed the quietness and willingness of the hotel and the hotel staff. I am sure Ocho Rios has prettier and 'better' hotels, but I won't be going anywhere else. I truly enjoyed my time there.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the front of the hotel seem to get a better WIFI signal.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank CDNG12
Tracey D, Manager at Pineapple Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Hi Arianne,
Thank you so much for your very detailed review. And thank you for choosing Pineapple Court Hotel. Your review was insightful and encouraging. I hope we will be able to host you and you family again sometime in the near future. Carline and everyone else sends their regards,

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I actually stumbled upon this little hotel while researching for a short trip to Jamaica for a family and party of 8 (which includes a 4 yr old and 12 yr old). I was abit impressed by the pics though pics can be deceiving. But after carefully looking at the pics and then called the property anonymously with a few questions I decided to book 3 rooms for at least a night! (June 12 -13, 2013).

I was communicating with the manager, Tracey via email for few weeks prior to my arrival so I was feeling pretty good about going. Upon arrival my family all looked around and we were welcomed by a wonderful young lady at the check-in counter who had us in our rooms within mins though we had arrived at least an hour before scheduled check-in. Once we were checked in....My family all commented about the feeling of being home. We all felt so at home at this little property. I will definitely go back.

If you are staying in Ocho Rios and is looking to spend your nights quietly n restful after touring the city and other neighboring cities and areas during the day...the Pineapple Court Hotel is your spot. Manger Tracey and her team always greets you with a smile and they'll be sure to attend to any questions or concerns that you might have.
My family and I will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: To me because this is a small property any room you get will be good. :-)
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ryates2016
Tracey D, Manager at Pineapple Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you sooooo much for your support and for this review. We look forward to hosting you next time.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I really enjoyed staying here,the staff were great.The rooms are amazing for the price,with AC and cable TV,and very roomy.It has a nice pool area near the bar,and a pizza restaurant.It is just of the main road so is very quiet and relaxing.Just a few metres away,there is BiBiBips bar and restaurant with great food and amazing views over the sea and Mahogany beach.A 10 minute walk will take you to the clock tower in the centre of the old town where you can shop in the local supermarket.And further along on main street there is a great little place to have a beer and good food at great prices,called Under the Stairs opposite the casino,run by a very friendly British couple.Check it out,you wont be let down.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Thanks Mr. James,
It was a pleasure having you here. Hope to see you soon

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Pineapple Court is a great choice for travelers who are looking for an anti-resort experience. If you're looking for lots of bells and whistles-a lazy river, Egyptian cotton towels, or anything like that-this place is not for you. This Ocho Rios hotel is more like a Best Western or Holiday Inn, in terms of amenities; however, you get much more personal service than you ever would at one of the aforementioned chains.

Pineapple Court only has 15 rooms, and they're definitely not recently updated, but the rooms are very clean. My sink, toilet, and shower were spotless. Not a spec of mildew on the shower curtain. We were provided with creamy bars of soap, which we didn't even finish during our stay. Toilet paper and towels were promptly replenished. The bed was comfortable. Our TV had BBC, CNN, CCTV, TLC, etc.

We can't sing enough praises of the front-desk staff, who were very accommodating and helpful. They never minded calling for taxis or helping us to arrange transport; they suggested restaurants; they were always cheerful. We were shocked to see how indifferent and unhelpful hotel staff were at a fancy resort in Mamee Bay, which shall remain nameless, though you may know who...In comparison, Pineapple Court's people are so real and so nice.

The Tourwise airport shuttle from Sangster Airport is 100 bucks for two trips (pickup and dropoff they day of arrival and same for the departure date). Ask the front desk to arrange that for you before coming to Ocho Rios. Some tour excursion info is also available at the front desk, operated by independent tour companies and not affiliated with Pineapple Court. We did our own thing, but the hotel staff might be able to suggest some good trips for you.

Easy access to Michele's Pizzeria, which serves up an excellent ackee and salted fish pizza, is another plus of staying at Pineapple Court.

A few things:
Toilet repair (clogged) took a little longer than desired
Is walkable to some stores and restaurants, but you really are better off taking a taxi to get around
Sheets are only changed if you ask

Pineapple Court didn't get a perfect rating for the things mentioned above. However, it was overall a very nice stay. We lived splendidly for five days and four nights. We appreciated the friendly faces and the cleanliness of the facility. Being able to go downstairs to Michele's was an added convenience, especially for lazy nights when we just wanted to grab a quick bite. This isn't beachfront or anything, but it's about 15 minutes to anywhere you want to be (Coyaba, Dunn River Falls, a friend's hotel, etc.). I wouldn't hesitate to stay Pineapple again on my next visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cat P

Thank you very much for you detailed review and for your support. Rest assured that the concerns expressed will definitely be addressed. Thanks again and see you soon.