Pineapple Court is a great choice for travelers who are looking for an anti-resort experience. If you're looking for lots of bells and whistles-a lazy river, Egyptian cotton towels, or anything like that-this place is not for you. This Ocho Rios hotel is more like a Best Western or Holiday Inn, in terms of amenities; however, you get much more personal service than you ever would at one of the aforementioned chains.
Pineapple Court only has 15 rooms, and they're definitely not recently updated, but the rooms are very clean. My sink, toilet, and shower were spotless. Not a spec of mildew on the shower curtain. We were provided with creamy bars of soap, which we didn't even finish during our stay. Toilet paper and towels were promptly replenished. The bed was comfortable. Our TV had BBC, CNN, CCTV, TLC, etc.
We can't sing enough praises of the front-desk staff, who were very accommodating and helpful. They never minded calling for taxis or helping us to arrange transport; they suggested restaurants; they were always cheerful. We were shocked to see how indifferent and unhelpful hotel staff were at a fancy resort in Mamee Bay, which shall remain nameless, though you may know who...In comparison, Pineapple Court's people are so real and so nice.
The Tourwise airport shuttle from Sangster Airport is 100 bucks for two trips (pickup and dropoff they day of arrival and same for the departure date). Ask the front desk to arrange that for you before coming to Ocho Rios. Some tour excursion info is also available at the front desk, operated by independent tour companies and not affiliated with Pineapple Court. We did our own thing, but the hotel staff might be able to suggest some good trips for you.
Easy access to Michele's Pizzeria, which serves up an excellent ackee and salted fish pizza, is another plus of staying at Pineapple Court.
A few things:
Toilet repair (clogged) took a little longer than desired
Is walkable to some stores and restaurants, but you really are better off taking a taxi to get around
Sheets are only changed if you ask
Pineapple Court didn't get a perfect rating for the things mentioned above. However, it was overall a very nice stay. We lived splendidly for five days and four nights. We appreciated the friendly faces and the cleanliness of the facility. Being able to go downstairs to Michele's was an added convenience, especially for lazy nights when we just wanted to grab a quick bite. This isn't beachfront or anything, but it's about 15 minutes to anywhere you want to be (Coyaba, Dunn River Falls, a friend's hotel, etc.). I wouldn't hesitate to stay Pineapple again on my next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pineapple Court Hotel is a comfortable and friendly hotel located in the vibrant village of Ocho Rios Jamaica. All rooms are air-conditioned, with cable T.V. In room safes, and beds are available in either King or Double sized. The hotel lobby offers Wi-Fi and a coffee and tea station. Many guest rooms also include Wi-Fi. Downtown Ocho Rios, where you will find an abundance of restaurants, nightlife, beaches, duty-free shopping and an open air authentic Jamaican craft market is just a lovely and brief walk away from the Hotel. The Pineapple Court Hotel is also conveniently located within a 2 minute walk to the St. Anns Chamber of Commerce Conference Center with meeting room space accommodating 100 theater style and offers a wide variety of business services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IBC Hospitality, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Pineapple Court Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pineapple Hotel Ocho Rios
- Pineapple Court Hotel Jamaica/Ocho Rios