All reviews almond tree breakfast was included swinging bar included in the room rate rooms are air conditioned ocean view jamaican breakfast port antonio ceiling fan ocho rios town ackee and saltfish every morning grounds are beautiful dunns river our honeymoon wedding shutters
Selected filters
Reviewed February 14, 2019 via mobile

My time at Hibiscus Lodge was an amazing experience. The grounds are beautifully kept, the hotel is centrally situated - close to most amenities within walking distance. The staff members, especially the breakfast staff were warm and friendly yet professional.

The bedroom was ok but but would be more inviting if a mini fridge was in the room. We had to discard a few items as we had no fridge. Considering that we paid over $200.00 CDN per night, I thought a mini fridge would be available. Perhaps the management should consider looking into offering this service to ALL.

Another improvement would be to have a microwave in the communal area since the front desk is closed after certain hours.

Overall, this is a lovely hotel to visit if you are looking to spend some quiet time. As well, thanks to Tony for such warm hospitality - taking the time to go above and beyond in ensuring that our time was well spent, especially driving us to get jelly coconut -
such personal touch for the guest... #Awesome#thoughtfulness.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 4, 2019

If you are looking for somewhere to unwind and relax this is the place. It has lush surroundings with beautiful seaview, a tranquil ambience. Excellence service was delivered at all times especially by Lesbourne (one of the waiters). Mrs Williams the manager was very pleasant and dealt professioanally with a discrepancy we had on arrival. At breakfast there was quite a few options we chose the yardie sytle breakfast and we were not disappointed. Thanks to you all for making our stay a pleasant one.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 28, 2019

I am most delighted to right this review! I got married at Hibiscus Lodge on November 16th and let me tell you...I have not stopped thinking of this beautiful hotel. My first trip to Jamaica I stayed at one of the large resorts. While nice, I did not feel a real connection to Jamaica and its people staying there. It is a priority of mine when I travel to connect with the people, food everything that makes that country its own. All the venues we looked at were over priced and did not offer you much of anything. All the stars aligned when I found HL and connected with Heidi and her team. From start to finish our experience was more than could be imagined. THE VIEWS! OMG... From being so close to the water or from a high vantage point overlooking we were never disappointed. There is also a beautiful garden area that is very magical. Now...THE FOOD! WHOA! The food served at our wedding was honestly the best food I have tasted out of every place I've traveled in JA so far. The jerk pork...MY mouth watering. Our guest are still raving about the food. We had a very nice suite with the ocean view on our wedding night and an amazing breakfast the next morning. The service was top notch on every level possible. I cannot thank Heidi and staff enough. Best way is to let everyone know about this amazing place in Ocho Rios! Please consider them and I promise you will not be disappointed!!!

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2018

I chose this facility because it was small and I hoped quiet and relaxing, and it met my expectations. The staff were friendly and welcoming. The room clean and neat if not a bit dated (added to its charm). Breakfast was more than expected, and the other meals were delicious and reasonably priced. I was disapointed that there wasn't a beach area, and was not comfortable walking off property. My sons wedding was beautifully done. The staff helped make the reception fun, and it goes without saying, the food was fantastic.

Room tip: There are no elevators, so if you have problems with stairs make sure you request ground level.
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2018

Small place, family operated, super clean and guest friendly. The grounds and sea views are absolutely stunning. Restaurant ...excellent service and good food. Cannot recommend this place highly enough, both as a place to stay, or just to visit the restaurant . Ideal for a romantic wedding...wish I was young again! Hidden in the middle of Ocho Rios, a real little gem.

Date of stay: December 2018