“Beautiful location for our Wedding with Fabulous Views of the Ocean!!!”

Hibiscus Lodge Hotel
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Ocho Rios
New York, NY
“Beautiful location for our Wedding with Fabulous Views of the Ocean!!!”
Reviewed August 6, 2009

We held our wedding here on July 25th, 2009. The ceremony was in The Gazebo, the reception in The Glass House. We had about 30 - 40 guests. This hotel is perfect for weddings as its small, intimate, lush with flowers and plants and set into a cliffside that hangs above the vast ocean below. It is spectacular to say the least. Our wedding was handled very well and we didn't have to worry about a thing. We also stayed here a few days before the wedding to oversee the details. Our room was FANTASTIC. It had the most incredible ocean view - I'm still speechless! It is also good to note that breakfast is included in the room rate.
For what we got for the money, it was well worth it. We got 4 hours of bar and food with four meats plus dessert, etc. for a great price. The decor was done up beautifully and the staff was very accomodating. Thanks Tanya for helping us straighten out the menu!
We would recommend couples to get married here. It is fabulous! We plan to return sometime soon just to revisit the breathtaking ocean views once more.
A++++++!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Bastat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Polish first
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed April 7, 2009

Hibiscus Lodge was recommended to us by friends who stay there every year. My fiance and I try to stay away from the big all inclusives. My whole impression of Ocho Rios wasn't very good to start with because we stayed at the Silver Seas before and I swear I felt bugs crawling all over me the entire time I was there. Our friends gave HL rave reviews and we decided to give it a try.
Initially my mom called to check availability for us since we were on the road heading in that direction. She called us back and told us there was availability and the rates. As soon as we hung up from her, my fiance who has a thick Jamaican accent called and was told they had no availability. Suspecting something foul, I called back within two seconds of him hanging up and was told "Oh yes, they had availabilty".
Needless to say, I was pissed off. Why the discrimination? I mean, I'm Jamaican too. I just decided to call and speak with an American accent to see if they were really discriminating against us, and they were.
We ended up staying in Discovery Bay at Discovery Bay Villas and had a blast. The guest house is very modern and the rooms and bathrooms are big and clean and they have hot and cold water. And they are right across the street from the sea. I didn't bother to call HL to cancel our reservation. I mean, why bother?

Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank karbAtlanta
watermelonspramp
Reviewed December 13, 2008

We had never been to Ocho Rios and after walking through the main part of town, we were glad we chose to stay on the outskirts. The Hibiscus Lodge sits on the ocean and the whole place has tons of character. There is a nice pool, great hot tub and access to the ocean to swim. The restaurant had good food and the staff was totally accommodating. Note that the walk to "town" from here is through a pretty busy local intersection/marketplace and if you're not comfortable going native, you may want to take a car into town. However, if you don't dig the whole tourist scene, the Hibiscus Lodge feels like a sweet getaway, like part of Old Jamaica. We used this place as a launching point to head west to Somerset Falls and Port Antonio beyond. Though we never need to visit Ocho Rios again, we'll fondly recall our time at the Hibiscus Lodge.

• Liked — The view! Get an ocean view room!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank watermelonspramp
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2008

I got married here on September 27th 2008 . We didn't actually stay here at the Hotel but the set up for our wedding was perfect .

They did a really good job on the decor . From what I see of the Hibiscus it is a very small resort. The surroundings and the grounds were very tranquill and calm. The hotel itself is set with a beautiful view which on looks the ocean. The staff were friendly and the food was very nice.

There were times when you felt as if there was nobody around (Staff/guests ) thats how quiet it was around but on a whole our experience there was nice was nice.

Stayed September 2008
3 Thank MichBrown
Alabama
Reviewed May 7, 2008

If you stay at the Hibiscus - be careful! We were broken in on at 3:15 in the morning even though we were on the second floor. He "borrowed" my cell phone and my roommate's watch and then jumped off the second floor balcony. The security fence near the tennis courts were he went out is only a couple of feet high and no longer has barbed wire over it. Tony, one of the owners, said that his insurance company would reimburse us for our losses but that has not happened and he will not even respond to email requests about it. I have stayed all over the island, but I will never stay here again. Be careful if you do!!!

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank CoolRunningsAlabama
Scotland, UK
Reviewed June 16, 2007

Lovely location, great grounds, good room & tasty breakfast. We had this hotel almost to ourselves and loved the clifftop location, great views and the hot tub. Easy access to a bathing platform to allow for snorkelling etc - a stunning reef a short swim away - watch out for passing jetskis though! Our rooms were spacious and clean with AC (Didn't use) and ceiling fan. Swing bar is great. Would definately return.

• Liked — Clifftop location out of town, cleanliness & good pool
  • Disliked — Room did not have sea view but did have verandah aera outside to enjoy the vista
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank AGM78
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed February 9, 2007

Delicious food, beautiful views. swinging bar is a plus, great service and accomodations.

Stayed August 2006