$292
$270
$294
$84
Hibiscus Lodge Hotel(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
$125
$112
Hotels.com
$75
$60
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
$88
$76
Casa De Shalom(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
$59
The Blue House Boutique Bed & Breakfast(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
$159
Official Site
Reggae Hostel Ocho Rios(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
$53
$43
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Ocean Sands(Ocho Rios)
$65
$52
1,488 results
All reviewsprivate beachbeach barwhite suitepremier verandah suiteplanters punchcroquet lawnbeach wingblack labmarilyn monroeblue cottagechef mauriceocean spathe cottageswelcome homegarden tourall inclusive planall inclusive option
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you're looking for a quiet, tranquil place on a beautiful beach, look no further than the Jamaica Inn. This is a small resort (less than 60 rooms) with an distinct, old-school feel to it. Staff is very attentive and courteous, the food is very good and the property is beautiful.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 42, which is one bedroom with an outdoor living room that spills onto the beach and just steps away from the ocean.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ted B
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The room (premier verandah suite) I had was right on the beach. The view from the room is the best view ever. The beach is very clean. I enjoyed how quiet my stay was. I have no complaints at all. The staff were very friendly and made you feel at home.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank André F
JamaicaInn2, Guest Relations Manager at Jamaica Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Andre F,
Thank you for your great review! We're delighted that you enjoyed your stay here with us and enjoyed your spacious Premier Verandah Suite, expansive beach and the tranquility of the Inn. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again in the future.

Warm regards,
S. Hickling

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

This place is amazing, beautiful, friendly, etc.! You are called by name the minute you arrive! Georgia, Jason, A. Taylor, Eric, etc. were so wonderful to us! We can’t wait to go back! Best vacation ever!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shegran21
Reviewed July 13, 2018

Relaxed and peaceful vibe. Beautiful setting and never feels crowded. Excellent attention to detail. Service with a smile. The staff were always ready to help. Spacious comfortable room with beautiful view from the balcony. Set in beautiful grounds and perfect white sand beach. Always enjoyed our cold, refreshing, complimentary fruit punch every morning. Will definitely go back

Room Tip: Rooms directly facing the beach enjoy cool balcony in the afternoon
Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Tamar19nd
Reviewed July 12, 2018

This may be a bit long but I want to give you a sense of the Inn so you can decide if this is for you. Not everyone enjoys the same experience so I hope this helps you make your choice.

Let me start with our booking experience. We booked directly with the Inn. Our contact was Donna who gave us advice on the type of room we were looking for, mentioned their special rate, and answered all our questions. Because this was our first trip to Jamaica we had many questions and she would always respond promptly to all our questions after booking. On the day of travel our originating flight was delayed which caused a change in our flight from CLT to MBJ. I contacted her about our delay and she passed on the information to Club Mobay, which I will review separately, and a Club representative was waiting for us at the bottom of the ramp upon arrival. I can’t say enough good things about Donna. She was GREAT!

As is no surprise, due to our delayed and changed flights, our luggage didn’t make it. It took time to file a claim with the airline so we exited the airport much later than normal. We had arranged a private transfer with the Inn and our driver, Ricardo Troy, was patiently waiting for us when we exited the airport. The van was very nice and clean with captains seats for the passengers comfort. This was one of the nicest vans we have encountered during our trips to the Caribbean. He had some cold drinks waiting for us as we began our ride to the Inn in Ocho Rios. Due to our late start, a large volume of traffic, an accident, and a check point the 1.5 hour ride took over 3 hours. When we finally arrived, which was after 8:00 PM, we were greeted with warm smiles and we were checked in and promptly escorted to our room. After a wonderful dinner we retired for the night after having been up since 4:00 AM. The following evening our luggage arrived and it promptly was delivered to our room.

Following a wonderful breakfast, including fresh fruit and fresh baked pastries, we took the short walk to the beach and picked out a spot under a tree with two lounge chairs and a table. Shortly after we sat down a beach attendant came over and covered our chairs with a cotton cover and gave us some beach towels. They also brought us some floats to enjoy in the water upon request. After a couple of days they even brought them to us without us asking remembering what we liked. The beach was very clean and the sand was soft. The water was crystal clear and refreshing. Later during our stay the wind picked up and stirred up the sand so the water wasn’t as clear as when we arrived but still very nice. The beach was not crowded and the chairs and thatched roof umbrellas were far enough apart to give you an air of privacy. Because the Beach is private there were only Jamaica Inn guests on the beach. The beach appeared to be larger than nearby large hotel beaches and was raked throughout the day to insure a clean beach free of leaves and debris. Late morning a beach attendant came around and offered a complementary drink from the bar. During the day they would come by and see if we needed anything. There was a beach bar with stools if you wanted to hang out at the bar. One day we ordered lunch on the beach and it was delivered and set up on our beach table. We weren’t that hungry and the gladly let us split a hamburger and fries and put it on individual plates for us.

We stayed in a deluxe balcony suite in the west wing overlooking the water where enjoyed beautiful sunsets. We enjoyed feeding the fish in the mornings from our balcony. Our balcony was large with a comfortable couch and chair cooled by a ceiling fan and had fresh flowers each day. The room was air conditioned and also had a ceiling fan that kept us comfortable at night. However, if you wished, you could open the windows and enjoy the Caribbean breezes. My wife enjoyed the bath room which had a large tub with a shower and a beautiful vanity. I must say the Inn has been well taken care of given it was opened so many years ago. If you prefer privacy and a larger balcony I would recommend one of theses rooms. If you like to interact with people more you might choose one of the beach front rooms. You really can’t go wrong with either one.

We did not venture off site for meals and we enjoyed the food at the Inn. We did the all inclusive package and everything was included. We especially enjoyed the bourbon pecan pie and the bread pudding for dessert at one of the evening meals. They had a fresh catch of the day each evening but also had other options for those who don’t care for fish. They they had an all day menu which you could enjoy in you room or at the beach. I especially enjoyed the Jamaican beef patties, coleslaw and crispy french fries for lunch. I must say the food was very good in my opinion. The manager even emailed us before our arrival to see if we had any special dietary needs. Since we really didn’t, I can’t speak to what the outcome might have been. However, one evening the vegetables weren’t my favorite and the waiter and chef fulfilled my request to substitute some different vegetables. The entire dinner and bar staff were very efficient, friendly and looked after your every need. A special thanks goes out to each and very one of them.

We took the boat ride to Dunn’s River Falls with Tony one morning. The falls were amazing. Some people elected to climb the falls but there is a paved trail that runs next to the falls for those of us that are not quite as adventurous.

I also went fishing one morning with Tony but we only caught one small fish. It wasn’t for him giving it all to try to find the fish. However the morning was beautiful and I enjoyed being on the water. That is why they call it fishing not catching. I have seen other posts where they said they caught several fish while fishing with Tony.

My wife booked an Ocean Combo Massage and she said that was one of the best messages she has ever had. She was super relaxed after the message and couldn’t say enough good things about it. She would absolutely recommend the Spa.

We enjoyed the manager reception where we got to meet other guests. There were a variety of guests from different walks of life which we enjoyed meeting. The manager came around to met the guests and had a short visit with each one as far as I could tell.

Upon our departure we were presented with a small gift and lots of thanks. We got into Troy’s van and made our trip to MBJ for departure. This time the ride was much shorter. After we checked in we made our way to Club Mobay to await our departure for our long trip home.

The Jamaica Inn is not a wild party destination with large crowds and late night loud music. However, you and your friends, new and old, can enjoy a wonderful day on the beach or a relaxing evening. At night, during dinner, a band plays a variety of songs and there is a dance floor I am sure you could use should you care to indulge.

I want to give a large thanks to all the staff at the Jamaica Inn. The service was exceptional. Each and everyone we encountered embellished their Welcome Home slogan. They were all very friendly and eager to help with any request. I can’t say enough good things about all the Jamaica Inn family. Thank you very much for a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: West wing veranda suites are more private with large balconies.
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
4  Thank steverO4338XP
JamaicaInn2, Guest Relations Manager at Jamaica Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2018

Hello steverO4338XP,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us! Your kind words about our staff are greatly appreciated and we will be sharing with Donna and our hardworking team members. We hope to see you again very soon! All the best until then.

Warm regards,