1,617 results
All reviews private beach white suite planters punch beach bar premier verandah suite croquet lawn marilyn monroe black lab chef maurice ocean spa the cottages garden tour welcome home all inclusive plan all inclusive option west wing colonial style
Selected filters
Reviewed June 25, 2017

Jamaica Inn is one of the most beautiful properties we have ever visited in the Caribbean. The hotel, grounds and beach are idyllic. My husband and I stayed June 4-11 to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We travel throughout the Caribbean often and usually with our two daughters. This was our first couples vacation in 13 years and could not have selected a better spot for relaxation and romance. We were greeted by owner, Peter Morrow, as soon as we dumped our luggage in the room and quickly changed into our swimsuits because the beach and beautiful Caribbean was calling us. We were staying in main building, Room 52, which is considered one of the "basic" rooms. My goodness it was just lovely and wonderful views. We could not want for more. Peter explained short cuts to the beach from our room and to make sure we had our complimentary Planters Welcome Punch (medicine). He also pointed out a great spot on the beach as we prefer shade. That spot was just perfect and quickly became our happy place all week. We were amazed when one of the lifeguards, Danilo, quickly came over to introduce himself and made our spot even more comfortable. We had brought the blue beach towels from our room and put on our chair cushions and he had white fitted terry cloth towel covers to make it even more comfortable. A very nice touch and he was so openly friendly. Truly made us feel special and welcome. At the end of the day he asked if we liked this beach spot and he would be sure to set up for us tomorrow. We were not accustomed to this- plenty of privacy and space for all guests on the beach. This was a lovely time to stay at Jamaica Inn. One afternoon at 5 PM we were the only couple on the beach. No better place to truly disconnect- someone I met aptly called it an electronic fast. It is the first vacation in a long time I never checked work email once! It would be almost criminal to do so. We were also lucky enough to see a sea turtle nest and eggs. Ovan ,the beach manager ,told us he would be able to show us since it was our anniversary and he could tell how interested we were in the program. He also told us about the reef conservation program with the local fisherman. I have to say I was very impressed and also with the condition of the reef in the little cove at the resort- truly excellent snorkeling. We felt very looked after and safe here. First time doing Stand Up Paddle board and we also enjoyed the ocean kayaks. The beach and cove is just pinch yourself to good to be true. Sherlene would stop by to check in on us and "Trainee" Johnny was a gem. Very new to the resort and sure he will stay- always a beautiful smile and so pleasant to talk to when he checked on us for drinks or lunch on the beach. Every request was easy and no problem. Our room was beautifully tended to by Jacqueline in the evening and the day time staff freshening flowers. So many small touches that were lovely. Now, the only reason I could not give an Excellent rating- the food. This is the only area the hotel must elevate to catch up and meet the level of the other wonderful aspects of this hotel. This is truly meant as constructive feedback because I just wanted and wished for the food to be top notch to match the other amenities and it fell short. We decided on the breakfast only package and glad we did. Our first dinner was at the hotel and was disappointing. My husband had a mahi mahi special and could not even eat it. The first bite and next four all had bones. Of course, expect fish to have a bone here and there, but that turned him off. We did inform our waiter and he said he would tell the staff. I had grilled tiger shrimp and nothing special- expected a char-grill flavor and seasoned. It was just OK- underwhelming. The breakfast I found I would order the same thing every day- regular Egg's Benedict. It was the most consistent. I will say the corned beef hash was some of the best ever. The fruit- only the pineapple and mango had ripe and sweet flavor. For the price of $65/day for two I expect to be blown away for breakfast as we are when we stay at Omni resorts by example- not even close. Again, we had an expectation and want it to be there. I will say the Beach BBQ was the best meal we had the entire week. It was more traditional Jamaican fair and was prepared and presented with such pride- truly excellent and even commented that to Everett the finance manager we met at the cocktail party preceding the BBQ. I am in Jamaica and here to eat local food not entrees I could have at home. Mix more local flare into the menu would be welcome change and the attention to detail and quality just has to come up. Service by Carter was also excellent- he was a joy to chat with- his son's 6th birthday was the same as our anniversary so a special connection. We did each lunches on the beach- Caesar salad with jerk chicken was excellent and our go to meal. We then ate out at Evita's (2 x's) and Toscanini's once. I called both hotels on my own and they provided complimentary transportation. We also had a couple of dinners in our room on the verandah- nice after a beach day and not feeling like "dressing" up for dinner. Nothing lovelier than feeling content from a day on the beach, showering and putting on comfy clothes, listening to the music from dinner below and enjoying private relaxed dinner. It was set up lovely by the wait staff and we used our mosquito coil and candles provided in the room. Never had any problem at all with bugs though the coil smelled nice.
The beverages are also very high at the hotel. I could not in good conscience pay $6.50 for a Red Stripe. Walk across the street to the Boots Gas station for wine, beer, water and snacks. The refrigerator in the room has ample space for all you need. We even had an ice bucket set up on the beach by Johnny and would bring our wine down to enjoy. The dirty bananas and pina coladas definitely the best I had but $12 a piece is crazy. So, there is ways to save other areas.
We celebrated our anniversary with evening couples moonlight massage at the Ocean Spa- Wow! I can honestly say one of the best spa experiences ever. My husband is NOT a massage person and this may have converted him. Well, the bar is set to high now so have spoiled him. I only wish I took advantage of the spa more than once- next time! The fitness center is lovely as well and also enjoyed the complimentary yoga on Thursday- only wish this was offered more than once a week. Gia (spelling?) is truly a beautiful spirit and talented instructor.
Shadow IV was also sweet and added to the home feel of Jamaica Inn. I was graced with a visit on my ocean float my her presence on our last day. So sweet!
Thank you Jamaica Inn for a beautiful week and truly touched by our parting gift as well ( I teared up). We would definitely return and hope to see some improvements/changes in the menu and food quality.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
11  Thank ColWoody
Reviewed June 18, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at The Jamaica Inn for our honeymoon. It is the perfect combination of tranquility, style, class and charm. We are already planning our return trip! Thanks to Kyle and the entire staff for making this trip so memorable.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank tonykountz
JamaicaInn2, Guest Relations Manager at Jamaica Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2017

Hello Tonykountz,
Thank you for your five star review! We are delighted you chose Jamaica Inn for your honeymoon getaway. We agree with you 100% the hotel really is the epitome of style and class, there is no better place to unwind. We're thrilled to read that you have decided to return, thank you as there are many choices. We'll ensure to pass on your sentiments to the rest of our team.

We wish you all the very best until we see you again.

Warm regards,
Sherlene Hickling
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed June 16, 2017 via mobile

Wow ! From the minute the car collected us from the airport in Montego Bay to the 'sad' moment when Wayne delivered us back to the Airport 5 days later , I was relaxed !! The Hotel is very ' Colonial ' . We were met by Kyle ( the excellent General Manager ) and Sherlene ( the very attentive Guest Relations Manager ) and so began 5 days of excellence and relaxation . Our room on the beach was faultless and Jaqueline looked after us very well during our stay. All the beach guys were attentive and friendly . The Spa was amazing and I enjoyed treatments by Sabina , Tamara and Pauline - all experts in their field . The Meals were all totally amazing and our trip to the local Farmers Market with Chef Meurice, followed by a cooking demonstration and a tasting was thrilling. We thoroughly enjoyed the fabulous local music which accompanied our evening meals .We just can't wait to return to our 'Jamaican Family ' where everyone smiles all day long !

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank Robina B
Reviewed June 9, 2017

When we arrived at Jamaica Inn we were taken aback by its breathtaking views and immediately relaxed and peaceful ambience. The owner greeted us immediately which added such a personal touch to the holiday. He mentioned a few highlights of the hotel, including the complimentary daily morning ‘medicine' (rum punch) on the beach! The receptionist was very welcoming and gave us a very informal welcome pack, organised neatly into sections. Our favourite section was all about the lovely Labrador Shadow IV!

Our room was no 20 - its balcony immediately meets the sea which means you have total privacy and are just a few steps away from the beach. The furnishings and general feel was very much like a classic Sean Connery James Bond film!

We had just experienced torrential rains so the visibility in the water wasn’t great and there was a lot of seaweed but aside from that the beech was very relaxing, with kayaks, paddle boards, floats etc - Shadow joined us on the lilo!

During the day the place is serene, at night though, it can feel a little like a cruise ship… probably due to the band they had at dinner! It wasn’t typical Jamaican music but covers of some pretty cliched 80-90’s ballads! The area where the hotel really needs to up their game is in the staff and service. For example each waiter had a very set role e.g. the bread waiter, the water waiter, the bar waiter, and so if you asked the water waiter for butter, chances are you weren’t going to get it anytime soon! It also meant it was harder to build rapport with them as you had someone different every few minutes. You could tell that the younger ones wanted to have a bit of banter with you but seemed to hold back. A few of the waiters were actually quite cold, didn’t make eye contact and just weren’t as friendly for what you’d expect at a 5 star hotel. Watch out for the ‘lifeguard’ - the most miserable Jamaican we met on our holiday!

The food is also very expensive and not really worth the money. It’s just ok, which again is not what you expect from a 5 star hotel.

If you’re a young honeymooning couple or below 40, this is probably not the place for you. We really like traditional places but this felt as though it just needed to modernise itself through the staff, perhaps allocating a member of staff to each guest so that they could build a more personal relationship with them over the course of your stay.

Room tip: best views are in rooms 18-20, right on the waterfront and more privacy, with easy access to the beach.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
10  Thank Rosie M
Reviewed June 5, 2017

My husband and I got married at Jamaica Inn on May 13, and it was one of the best decisions we've ever made. From the moment we stepped out of our shuttle onto the grounds at Jamaica Inn, we felt like absolute royalty. About half the people in the lobby were our friends/family, but the other half was staff whom we'd never met, and all of them were smiling ear to ear at us. As if the staff were lifelong friends already!
After getting checked in and handed our complimentary Planters Punch (which was SO delicious, especially when you're adjusting to the Jamaican humidity!), we were whisked away to our upgraded accommodations at Cottage 3. I literally cried when we walked into the cottage. I honestly had thought they made a mistake! We didn't deserve such luxury! Cottage 3 is situated on the corner of the property, with panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea and the Jamaica Inn beach, and high-end amenities and more space than two people knew what to do with. As soon as we got settled, we wished we had booked more time there!
Our wedding day at the Inn was as close to perfect as it could be; and our guests are still raving about it to this day. The beach was an absolutely unreal setting for our sunset "I do"s, and an even better spot for our reception under the stars. It was so romantic, so beautiful, and sad to say it went by too quickly!
The staff was mostly gracious, friendly, kind, and went above and beyond to ensure we were taken care of throughout the whole wedding weekend. Some of our wedding guests even developed crushes on a few of the wait staff, and vice versa I think :)
As it was our wedding weekend, we didn't have much free time to spend lounging on the beach, hanging at Teddy's bar, relaxing in the hammocks, playing with Shadow, or taking part in many of the watersports they have available for guests. This is my biggest regret! We did find a short time to take the kayaks out and snorkel for a bit, which was by far one of the coolest things I have ever encountered. The water is so clear and blue; it's absolutely unreal to see all the fish and reef so clearly.
Though we had some snafus with the wedding planning process, Sherlene and Kyle went above and beyond to ensure that we were happy, and we cannot wait to come back for our one-year anniversary!

Date of stay: May 2017
5  Thank Huskerjos
JamaicaInn2, Guest Relations Manager at Jamaica Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2017

Dear Hoskerjos,
Thank you for your five star review! We are delighted that you chose to spend your special day with us. It was a pleasure to host you and your guests for your wedding and we're thrilled that you got the opportunity to stay in Cottage 3. It is a great option for honeymooners because of the sweeping views of the Caribbean Sea, infinity plunge pool and open floor plan layout.

We look forward to celebrating with you for your one year anniversary. We wish you all the very best until then.

Warm regards,