1,540 results
All reviews private beach white suite planters punch beach bar premier verandah suite croquet lawn beach wing black lab marilyn monroe ocean spa chef maurice blue cottage the cottages welcome home garden tour all inclusive plan all inclusive option
Reviewed July 16, 2016 via mobile

I visited Jamaica Inn the end of June beginning of July 2015. It was a very short stay for me of two nights and three days as part of my longer trip to Jamaica and visiting other parts of the island. When I arrived it was more beautiful than I imagined with me being able to see the sea from the lobby. You are immediately greeted with a smile, a drink and a cold wash rag to cool your neck. The bellhop grab my bags and took me to the counter for my very seamless check-in and afterwards walked me to my room and I was introduced to my housekeeper. So far I was absolutely pleased. I was in awe of the property. The building was older, colonial style, but very well maintained...everything is gorgeous, the vegetation and the gardens are exceptional. I just drank in the beauty.

While in the room the housekeeper or maid (not sure of the title) poured me ice water. We made small talk, and here is where my euphoria came to a brief halt. While making small talk we were chatting about the heat and I asked about mosquitos ( there are no screens or glass on the shutters of the windows and doors) She made reference to me being fat and joked that she wouldn't want the mosquitoes eating me up so she showed me the mosquito coils to burn. I thanked her and assured her out I did not want to talk anymore and did not feel good at all. I was quite bothered by her comment I don't know why and it kind of threw me off. I pondered how to handle the incident I don't think the maid housekeeper set this to be mean spirited but nonetheless it was not an appropriate thing to say to a gas. I ended up calling the front desk and letting them no. They apologized for her comment but also said she meant no harm and that it's a compliment that big women are looked at as rarity and are marveled.... Something to this extent. I shrugged it off and determined that I would not let this continue to bother me and ruin my two nights here.

I looked around my room took pictures looked at the folder with my welcome greeting and the instructions for ordering breakfast to be delivered. I also found a free 20-minute minute massage at the spa, which I hurried and booked that. I finished inspecting the bathroom and then open my balcony doors looked out at the sea and took in a deep breath. STUNNING. The rest of my stay at the Inn was met my expectations and this could be attributed to the people.

Kenneth at the Ocean Spa, his hands are magic on knotted muscles, I paid for additional time beyond the free 20 minutes, and you will want to also...Lol. The massage is done over the sea so you are listening to the water lapping against the cliff. With a warm breeze lulling you away. (My only complaint about the spa was that there is a house our vacation villa extremely close to the massage hut and you can hear the vacationers next door. Their talking and laughter was a terrible interruption to my massage, but Ken was so good I soon forgot.)

Damar and Patrice who were part of the restaurant staff were extremely attentive and a pleasure to meet.

OTHER things to consider:
Tip is included in your bill so don't feel guilty not to give it each time. However since it is equally divided by the staff (I believe) you may want to give a little more to those who really impressed you with their service.
The sand is extremely hot on the beach have shoes.
When swimming in the sea it's gradual but it drops off quickly so be careful you don't go too deep if you're but a strong swimmer.
Do go to afternoon tea and meet with the other guests and staff as part of the experience.
If you are engaging in romance in your room remember there is no glass on the doors or windows.
This hotel is for R&R and is definitely more subdued it is departure from the rowdy. Don't come here looking for a younger crowd.
This hotel is not for children and if you're travelling solo but not comfortable being alone
you might want to choose a resort. I enjoyed being here alone a great deal.
Breakfast delivered to your room is worth the small fee, they set it up all up so nicely.

More pictures to come. Thanks for reading, yeah I know it took me more than a year to write.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Milli C
JamaicaInn1, Guest Relations Manager at Jamaica Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2016

Dear Milli T,
Thank you for your detailed review and for naming some of our excellent staff. It was a pleasure to have hosted you here with us. We’re so happy to hear you had the opportunity to experience our beautiful gardens, breathtaking views, comfortable rooms and relaxing spa treatments. We hope to see you again soon.

Guest Services Manager
Sherlene Hickling

Reviewed July 12, 2016

We live in Kingston, Jamaica and spent a night in Ochie at Jamaica Inn as a staycation. This was such a restorative 24hrs, as living here one may forget the treasure we have in our own country. Of course, the main attraction is the Staff, the way you are treated, the smiles and gentle professionalism, but this on the background of one of the best beaches in Jamaica, lush grounds, and very thoughtfully outfitted rooms decorated with 'old world' elegance. OK, i'm anti-colonialist. so its nice to see the contemporary Jamaican art and furniture alongside the colonial era prints and historical artefacts.
Sherline was so charming, as was Ryan. Its nice to see Jamaicans blossoming and providing a world class experience for visitors. Although it may seem expensive, we could tell that the maintenance of this seaside venue is ongoing and meticulous, and we felt it was worth it for this inimitable experience.
This hotel is more for adults; i wouldn't bring young children here

Date of stay: July 2016
1  Thank tjknight61
Reviewed July 10, 2016

We couldn't be happier with our choice to stay at Jamaica Inn for our honeymoon! The food is fantastic, the beach is very private and much larger than surrounding resorts, plus they have plenty of recreational equipment like paddle boards and kayaks that you can use for free. Our ocean-front room was beautiful and only a few steps from the shore. We loved the excursions through the hotel: helping baby turtles into the ocean and a private boat ride to Dunn's Falls! It's the perfect spot for a pampered stay infused with genuine Jamaican culture.

Room tip: Definitely recommend the ocean-front veranda rooms!
Date of stay: June 2016
1  Thank Brianna G
JamaicaInn1, Guest Relations Manager at Jamaica Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2016

Dear Brianna G,
Thank you for such a lovely review of your stay with us at Jamaica Inn! It is always a joy to know that our guests have thoroughly enjoyed their time with us and that the dining experience was everything that they wished and more! Our special tours are truly a once in a lifetime experience and we’re so happy you got a chance to be immersed in the Jamaican culture here at the Inn.
We hope to see you again very soon.

All the best.
Sherlene Hickling
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed July 8, 2016

My wife and I stayed at Jamaica Inn in July 2016 and as we were driven up the new North-South highway connecting Kingston to the north coast our anticipation was palpable. Turning into Jamaica inn was a sudden return to a bygone era. This is a family-run institution with roots in colonial times and it feels just like that the moment you enter the property. Service was friendly and eager from check-on to check-out and once we arrived in our room and opened up the shuttered doors to the verandah the view surpassed all expectations. Several times over my stay here I found myself doing a double-take from my verandah with the Caribbean sea a few yards away being held at bay by golden sand.
Service levels were very high - and amenities in the room were slightly above the 5* average I would say. I know some have complained about the food, but I would say this is probably an issue with their expectations - it is true that you won't find new Nordic cuisine here, nor a franchise haute eatery like Nobu. What you will find is tasty, quality casual dishes, with a healthy bias towards comfort, that satisfied. The wine list was solid and somehow on the candlelit terrace, on a balmy evening, with the attentive service, I really didn't find there to be much lacking.
At this stage I would say that while diversity of opinion richens most conversations, one or two of the reviews left here betray the worst aspects of the 'brits abroad' attitude so should be taken with a grain of salt - perhaps they would be more at home at a mega-resort with TV's and hotdogs aplenty.
My only slight gripe is that whilst the room was magnificent overall, with a large verandah, I would have traded a bit more storage space inside for a slightly reduced outside space.

Room tip: Loved the Premier Verandah suits in the '40's' (beach wing)
Date of stay: July 2016
3  Thank Ali K
Reviewed July 7, 2016

In June we returned from a wonderful vacation at the Jamaica Inn. It was an awesome experience. The staff went out of their way to make you feel welcome, stressing that this is your home and that you are there to relax and have a good time. Thank you Sherlene for coming by daily to say hello and then to see us off on the last day.
The Dining Room staff under the management of Alvin and his support team of Ryan, Gray, Kirk, François, Carter, Samuel, Donald and many other staff members’ name I cannot remember, make meal times something we all look forward to and enjoy. Picking a wine to go with our meal was always easy and fun with the help of “Keemar”, the sommelier who frequently loaned us his nifty flashlight to help those of us with poor eyesight.
The beach is beautiful and the team of great beach staff made everything so enjoyable and relaxing. They always make sure there were plenty of nice, clean, warm beach towels available. Our group had a special affection for Danalo who always made sure our “special lounge” chairs were set and ready for our enjoyment. Everyone morning at the beach is made special by Tim’s punch and served by Georgiana.
Thank you Alvin, Kirk and Keemar for the wonderful dinner on the beach. It was beautiful and memorable with table settings of flowers, silver and lanterns and meal served by Kirk, and wine served by Keemar, and one of the highlights of our trip.
Thank you Karen and the other room staff members for keeping our room clean and there is always lots of clean towels and cold water to drink.
Thank you Shadow IV for keeping us all entertained. Last but not least, my husband and son wants to thank Tim, Carter, Keemar, Patrick and other staff members who taught and played Jamaican Croquet with them almost daily.
Thank you Geraldine and Dale for helping us book this great vacation.

Date of stay: June 2016