Jamaica Inn
Plantation Inn(Ocho Rios)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
1,407 results
All reviewsprivate beachbeach barwhite suiteplanters punchcroquet lawnbalcony suitemarilyn monroebeach wingblack labblue cottagechef mauricepremier verandahthe cottageswelcome homegarden tourall inclusive planall inclusive option
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We came back from Jamaica Inn last week and had to adjust to the fast pace in DC. Jamaica Inn truly is a paradise on earth! I am usually a cynic. I read all these reviews before I went there. I was expecting the reviews to be an exaggeration. Boy, was I wrong! The pictures you see here of the beach are accurate. If anything, the place and the beach are even more beautiful! The Inn has about 46 rooms. You never feel crowded. The rooms are immaculate, large, with a very good AC system. The verandah in the Deluxe Suite was the best I have ever seen. It is very large and comfortable. We ate breakfast out there every day. The rooms do not have a TV, but they do have free internet. The internet is fast and reliable. Although I usually watch CNN 24/7, I was so happy to have a break from the noise. It is a real opportunity to slow down and get re-aquainted with your roommates. My husband and I, and our daughter, ended up hanging at the beach all day. At night, we would eat in the restaurant and then play a game, watch a movie on iTunes, listen to the band, or read. It was so relaxing. Although most lodgers are adults, our eleven year old daughter loved it, too. The food was really good. The only thing I would ask for is bigger portions. The staff were excellent. Very friendly -- especially the cleaning ladies who serviced the rooms. The beach also stands out as one of the best private beaches I have ever visited. I have traveled to beaches in Australia, Mexico, Aruba, USA, Phuket, etc. This beach rivals any beach in the world. Thanks for the memories!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank anonymous7654
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Jamaica Inn is absolutely wonderful!!! Beautiful scenery, amazing food, outstanding service, fantastic drinks, excellent entertainment!! The staff feel like close friends before you leave!! Overall fabulous!! Can't wait until I get to come back!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 8, 2013

What can I say.......... it was AMAZING. best holiday ever. Food, hotel, staff, weather, beach it was all just brilliant. We couldn't have asked for a better holiday. Thank you so much to the staff. I will be recommending this hotel. If your thinking about booking just do it

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sam D
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My friend and I happen to celebrate our birthdays at the same time in July. This year we spent the week after our birthday at Jamaica Inn,after having spent our actual birthday week at another breathtaking exclusive resort. It was a last minute decision to do so. We checked in late at night, and the front desk staff was phenomenal. Going up the stairs to our rooms, our thoughts were "what are we getting into" The room was definitely small, with a small bathroom. Next morning, what we saw from opening the bedroom doors to a nice balcony was this expansive view of pristine beach and the beautiful ocean. My husband and I have been to some very luxurious places around the world, and to put it simply, the service at Jamaica Inn is right up there among the very best! The place is top notch, the food is exceptional bar non, the employees make you feel like you are the only person in your own private world. One of the things you should do before you die is take a vacation at Jamaica Inn and experience service and beauty at its best.

Room Tip: The one thing.. if you can call it "con" about the room that we stayed in, is that it was small compared to other places that we have stayed.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DEL F
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My husband and I were married at JI last year and decided to celebrate our first anniversary there again this year. You can read our review from last year, which is much like all the rest....pure joy. This year, we upgraded and splurged on cottage 3, which was amazing. Our own private paradise. However, we found some things lacking this year. We aren't sure whether or not we are just being picky but here are our thoughts. First, we never....NEVER even met the new manager. We saw him at the cocktail hour but he didn't greet us upon our arrival and never approached us. We weren't even quite sure who he was or what he looked like until the cocktail hour. This disappointed us because we were so warmly greeted on our previous visit and every little thing was taken care of. This leads me to our second small issue. Last year, we requested our refrigerator be stocked with three things...bottled water, diet coke and mtn dew. every day, our supply was replenished and we never ran out...never had to ask for more. This year, we ran out and had to request more several times and was met with the excuse that our soda had to be obtained from off the resort. Again, a small thing but we were staying in one of the most expensive cottages and we had to wait almost two days for mountain dew. The food, though very good, was really NOT up to par with last year. Even the market salads were not as well presented and the pasta was down right ...bad. We don't eat Seafood so we rely on the fruits, salads and meats. None was up to the previous year. Having said that, it was good. Just not exceptional. We also didn't expect to seen children. older children and well behaved but it was unexpected. Overall, the whole ten days seemed less friendly as a whole. Our accomadations were first class, for sure. The views spectacular and we will likely go again, hoping the friendliness returns.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple