Jamaica Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Sandals Royal Plantation(Ocho Rios)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Sandals Ochi Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)
  • Breakfast included
Edgewater(Ocho Rios)
1,434 results
All reviewsprivate beachbeach barwhite suiteplanters punchcroquet lawnbalcony suiteblack labmarilyn monroebeach wingblue cottagechef mauricepremier verandahocean spathe cottagesgarden tourwelcome homeall inclusive plan
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Meet Mary Phillips,general manager, and you immediately know why this place gets rave reviews. From the beach staff through the executive chef the service is terrific. The food was always good but now it is great. The grounds are magnificent as well as the beaches. It is not a place where you would bring children. Why waste time searching out other island resorts when hopefully you can get a reservation at the Jamaica Inn. One minor complaint is that the gym needs upgrading and apparently that is in the 2013 plans. If you are fortunate enough to vacation here, don't forget to book the spa...it mirror images the hotel...fantastic!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank richard f
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Jamaica Inn. The resort is beautiful and puts one into a relaxing state of mind. The staff is phenomenal, everybody works hard to make sure that you are enjoying your stay. My only issue, albeit slight, is that the wifi connection was shaky. Some days it worked, some days it didn't. Although, it was probably a good thing that the wifi didn't work all the time.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Elwood H
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I visited the resort with a group of friends in an informal spiritual retreat. The visit refreshed my soul and the snorkeling opened a whole new world for me. I spent six days there. I also very much enjoyed private Yoga classes and the spa.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Rani I
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Good as it gets in Jamaica! That was my experience during my stay at Jamaica Inn. The staff takes care of all details, insuring a pleasurable visit to this side of the island. Rooms are immaculate with open air bedrooms on the ocean. No need to leave the premises for meals; all meals were and the menu was different each day.
Can't say enough about the quality!

Room Tip: Take the boat trip to the falls!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank george60898
Reviewed December 23, 2012

My sister and I stayed at Jamaica Inn in November, it is the most perfect place for a calm, peaceful, restful vacation. We loved the private beach, the amazing staff and attention to detail over all of our requests. Mary, the hotel manager checked on us the day after we arrived to make sure we were happy with everything. When I told her as vegetarians we didn't find too many options on the menu, she informed me she too was a vegetarian and would be happy to speak to the chef and prepare veggie choices for us. We wanted to try cuisine in different restaurants and didn't have the opportunity to take her up on her offer.
There is one note of caution for people traveling to Jamaica, the medical service available there is not the best, you may have medical insurance but that will not get you great medical service. My sister had a medical emergency and I was appalled at the medical care she received. The only saving grace was, Mary Phillips, Sherlene, Kingston, the amazing housekeeping staff and Andrew the driver who ferried us back to the hotel from the hospital.
Everyone at Jamaica Inn treated us as if we were family, all of my needs were attended to while I took care of my sister. Had it not been for Mary taking care of all the details I don't know how I would have managed. She sent away for medication I needed as well as ordering Indian food for my sister from a restaurant in Ohco Rios. She went above and beyond the call of duty!
I am so grateful for Mary and her exemplary staff, thank you for taking such good care of us!

Room Tip: We stayed in room #43 it's right on the beach, just perfect! Rooms are small, but then, you spend most of your time on the beach. The verandah off the room is perfect, you get to hear the ocean waves.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family