“Segway Tour”

Yaaman Adventure Park
Ranked #1 of 3 Food & Drink in Ocho Rios
More attraction details
Owner description: We have something very special stored for our adventure enthusiasts as we are a 18th Century Estate agricultural property full of rich history and culture sceneries. Formerly known as Prospect Plantation, Yaaman Adventure Park invites you to grab a front row seat to partake in a true adventure with mother nature, and all of the memorable activities that we have to offer in Jamaica. Fasten your seatbelt and prepare to feel the excitement on the mud buggy ride! Enjoy an Open-Aired Carriage Ride, and become an expert local chef. Hop on Horseback Riding adventure, ride on a camel, and swim with dolphins.
Cobden, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Segway Tour”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We really enjoyed the segway tour. Our guide was very informative as well as helpful. We learned a lot about the local trees and vegetation as well as the history. The segways are easy to ride and alot of fun, you can also take the tour on a wagon if you don't want to use the segway but I think it would be to long a walk.

Visited November 2013
dolphincoveltd, Manager at Yaaman Adventure Park, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. Yes indeed it would be a very long walk. We like to think of our tour as a old meets new. A tour of a working plantation from yesteryear on transportation geared for tomorrow. Thanks for visiting us and i do hope you tell your friends.

Palm Bay, Florida
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“A great intro to so many things Jamaican”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

My wife and I selected this tour as a part of an excursion during our cruise (the other part was Dunn's River Falls). I have been to Jamaica before, but she had not. After departing the pier we were taken to the plantation, given a fruit drink and then given a tractor drawn jitney tour of the flora and fauna of the area, just beautiful. After seeing many wonderful views and learning about local trees, crops, animals, etc., we were given some rum punch and had a delightful talk with our driver and two other Jamaicans about their country. We then moved onto the plantation house and got a tour and more great views. We learned about the family, the dignitaries who have visited and learned a lot about Jamaica!

Visited December 2013
dolphincoveltd, Manager at Yaaman Adventure Park, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
We are so very pleased you enjoyed your time with us. Please feel free to visit us again when you are next in our beautiful island Jamaica
Portland, Oregon
“Norwegian tour excursion”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I took this tour as an option from my Norwegian Caribbean cruise. I have to say that I didn't know what to expect, but it was beyond expectation. We had a group of 14 people and were driven by air-conditioned bus to a beautiful and remote plantation. We were met by a "guide" that happened to be the chef who was guiding us through a Jamaican cooking experience. The day was cold and raining for local times, but balmy and enchanting for me as I am from the Northwest of American where is it was totally awful at home. Our Chef was amazing and humorous. The whole experience was awesome. I highly recommend this for people who appreciate herbs, spices and native foods.

Visited November 2013
dolphincoveltd, Manager at Yaaman Adventure Park, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for you kind words. I am glad you took the opportunity to spend some of your vacation with us. Hopefully you will come back and see us again one day. I will share your kind words with the chef
Denver
85 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We read about this tour in a travel magazine. Otherwise, we couldn't find any other information about it. It is owned by the same company that owns and operates Dolphin Cove. We did the jitney tour along with a camel ride. The guide was very knowledgeable. We learned all about the plantation and the crops, climbed (or attempted to climb) a coconut tree, stood on ostrich eggs, and toured the site. However, the main reason we booked this tour was to see/ride the camels. Definitely a once in a lifetime experience.

Visited July 2013
dolphincoveltd, Manager at Yaaman Adventure Park, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for this review. Yes we know that there is a bit of an issue getting the name out there however we are always looking to improve that. We value your opinion and review thank you again.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“fun tour with cookery session”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

After a long wait and the arrival of passengers from a cruise ship we finally got the tour started. We had an entertaining tour guide who made the trip around the plantation very entertaining while he drove us around .The group cookery session on the veranda and eating our efforts was the icing on the cake. Even my husband enjoyed himself and tried the jerk chicken, Callaloo, festival and coconut shrimp.

Visited October 2013
dolphincoveltd, Manager at Yaaman Adventure Park, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
I am very pleased you enjoyed the tour. I hope you were able to take a little bit of the "taste of Jamaica" with you. Please feel free to visit us again and be sure to tell your friends about us.