“Just too dirty, mucky and cloudy”

Ranked #29 of 69 things to do in Ocho Rios
More attraction details
Owner description: Parasailing is the sport of choice at this Jamaican beach.
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Man made beach in a bay near a large dirty town-need I say more? All Carribean beaches have grass and sharp objects but (at the Riu) you can see them-not here

Reviewed September 16, 2012

The beach is nice. My group prefered the south side. There are giant water rings you can lay on all day, big enough for 4-6 of you to laze on at once. However, during our two weeks there, there were a number of guests who were stung by jelly fish, including some from my party. Just be aware. We found it tended to occur just before a tropical down pour - could be coincidence, I don't know.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

The view was very nice, and the staff was helpful. I do NOT go in the water though LOLOL. There are activities for those that like the water such as Jet Skiing, Paddle Boating, Snorkeling, or just chilling on the rings in the water

Reviewed September 10, 2012

SJG is one of my "homes" away from home in Jamaica. I really need to sit down and count the amout of times I have been to this resort. The Beach itself is not the most spectacular but it is suitable for its purpose. They do have a few water activites to get into some morotized (for a fee) and non-motorized for free. I always say I am going to do the jet ski when I am there but always miss the chance to do it. Guess my vacations need to be a big longer next time.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

What I liked about the beach is that you did not get vendors trying to sell you things. Guards kept others off the beach so it was for guests of the hotel.