“Golf at Ocho Rios”

Sandals Golf & Country Club
More attraction details
Owner description: A popular choice among golfers in the know, this spectacular course has 120 acres of lush flowers and plants.
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Required to have a caddy $17. Cart fee is extra. The course is in beautiful shape. Takes roughly 15 minutes to take the shuttle from the resort to the golf course. First bus leaves a little after 7 a.m. Last bus leaves resort at around 1 p.m. No troubles getting tee times. If you want breakfast you have to take it to go or eat very quickly as the restaurants open at 7 a.m. There are no hassles in getting your food to go so this isn't really a problem. The caddies were great. Tip is expected $10 - $30 depending on how much you like your caddy. They do not work for the resort, just tips so it is good to pay them for their help. My caddy was fantastic. Most are scratch golfers and know what they are doing. My caddy was awesome. He helped me pick clubs, take shots, even helped me improve on my alignment and putting stroke. Cheered me on. You keep your same caddy throughout the week as well. You can store your bags at the club for future use throughout your stay. The course isn't super long but very scenic, in great condition, and offers beautiful views of the Jamaican greenery. The course if VERY walkable with the caddy and if you are decently in shape (my 69 y/o dad walked the course just fine in 80 + degree weather but then again, he walks lots of rounds). Loved every moment. Highly recommend it.

2  Thank jessikimkim

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Even though I don’t golf, I walked the course with my husband during one of his rounds. It was a pleasant walk with great views of local flora (and fauna). (I even sampled some fresh mangoes along the course.) The course staff and caddies were quite friendly. My husband described the course as “good to play while on vacation”. There are some technical holes, but not it is not too challenging.

2  Thank JumeirahJenny
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I never believed that non-golfers would want to go to a golf course but how wrong was I?

The golf course at Upton seems to be the place for everyone who wants to get out of the hustle and bustle of the city. With spectacular vistas and the cooling breeze off the Caribbean sea, it is just perfect, and do not miss the opportunity to sample fruits in season that grow freely across the property.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I tagged along with my husband during his morning of golf and I am so happy that I did! This course was beautiful and his caddy (Byro) was very informative in golf as well as Jamaican culture and scenery.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We love that this course is just a 15 minute drive from Couple San Souci. We always ask for the same caddy who is now like a family member. The course is challenging enough for my husband who is a frequent golfer but 9 holes are enough for me, the infrequent golfer. It is a fairly hilly course so I sometimes opt for a cart, if I am feeling lazy. We always try to play 3-4 times when we are down here for a week.