“A well-managed golf course, with lots of sun, and excellent caddies”

Sandals Golf & Country Club
More attraction details
Owner description: A popular choice among golfers in the know, this spectacular course has 120 acres of lush flowers and plants.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My wife and I like this course very much. It gets us back into golf if bad weather in the winter has made us rusty. We played there about eight times in February 2013, following similar visits last year. The undulating course in well maintained, with a good variety of interesting holes, and there are no parts of the course that require pin-point accuracy or enormous length, so it is fine for anyone with any handicap. Most fairways are forgivingly wide, but there are quite a few well-placed trees to penalise wayward shots. The greens run true, even if they are a little slow for our preference, and the bunkers are kept in good condition. The caddies are excellent, and everything is well-organised and runs smoothly. Great golf and great weather.

1  Thank William B
"jamaica"
in 20 reviews
"challenges"

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a week at this resort in Feb 2013, during that time we used the facilities at the scuba center located on the resort. We were very pleased with all the employees. They went out of their way to make our scuba experience a pleasurable one. My wife did the introductory course in the pool and enjoyed it enough to enroll in the Open Water Course, and successfully received her certificate. She was nervous initially but very quickly felt comfortable with the equipment and the instruction. Thanks to Meagan, Semaj, Richie, Dennis, Kevin, Mouse, and our fearless but always safe boat captain Winston. Thanks we hope to be back soon. Keep up the great work!!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Great course, we had Bird and Winston as caddies and it felt like we were golfing with a couple of friends. Good guys, good time :)

Reviewed March 4, 2013

The course was well maintained. Not extremely difficult, especially with the caddie. The golf was $95 for cart, caddie, and club rental. Views of the mountains are nice, but no view of the beach. Definitely worth a visit!

See more reviews
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I played a total of 6 rounds here the past two weeks and enjoyed everyone of them. Pay attention to the costs, it's $65 for a cart and a caddy plus tip, or $17 if you are walking with a caddy. Unless you can't walk very well I highly suggest walking, it's golf you are supposed to walk especially when you aren't even carrying your own clubs.

The course is fairly short, has a few hills, and usually always had a breeze blowing in the same direction.

The staff were great, Jermaine was a very friendly caddy-master once you got to know him. Martell was my caddy for most of the rounds, he was very friendly and accommodating. He became more of a friend than a caddy. Mark was also very funny and a good guy. Definitely pay attention to where they tell you to putt on the greens.

I usually tipped between $20-25 per round so walking the course would cost about $40 total after tip if you brought your own clubs.

If you aren't going to bring your own clubs, at least bring tees, balls, and a glove to keep the cost down.

3  Thank Eric R