“Fun and friendly”

Book In Advance
More Info
$72.18*
and up
Rainforest Adventures Jamaica Mystic Mountain...
Ranked #11 of 70 things to do in Ocho Rios
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A must on the list of places to explore and activities to enjoy in Jamaica, the eco-friendly Mystic Mountain, 2010 Tourism Excellence award-winner for Ocho Rios attractions, is an unforgettable rainforest adventure for everyone in your family. A trip to Mystic Mountain in Ocho Rios, St Ann, could take you towering as much as 700 feet above the rainforest above the picturesque shoreline, affording you a captivating bird's-eye view of the town, cruise-ship pier and turquoise waters as far away as St Mary. If you prefer, you could choose to zip line among the trees or bobsled down the mountain meandering in-between shrubs and trees.The rainforest tour, which is spread over 100 acres of lush lands and rated among the best experiences to have in Jamaica, provides you with an up-close glimpse and thrilling experience in a Jamaican rainforest near the beach. Plus, it gives you the chance to explore your adventurous side on one of four activities, including the SkyExplorer, the Bobsled Ride, the Canopy Zip Line and the unique Mystic Waterslide.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This adventure starts with a 700 ft high sky lift. My husband had a blast, I on the other hand, was feeling a bit insecure on the ride up. The view was breathtaking but I couldn't get past the height. Once we arrived at the top, we were greeted by local dancers who was more than willing to take photos. There was a very short wait to ride the bobsled and you have an option to ride alone or connect two sleds together. I opted to connect my sled to my husbands and after we took off I immediately had second thought. He never released the brakes for the entire ride and as the rear sled, I had no control over what happened. All I could do was hold on until the ride was over. After the ride we grabs a bite to eat. The jerk chicken was very tasty. The restaurant also has an upstairs over if you want to enjoy the view.

1  Thank yollly4
Write a ReviewReviews (2,570)
All reviews
in 139 reviews
"afraid of heights"
in 68 reviews

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We went to Mystic Mt our 2nd day in Jamaica. It was so fun! Loved going up in the ski lifts-or whatever they called them. You go up about 700ft up to the top. The view is spectacular!!! We also went on the Bobsled and it was a blast! It has brakes so you can go as fast or as slow as you would like! The Restaurant is great and only has a greater view! The food is very reasonably priced. We had the cheeseburger and the meat was smokey flavored and the buns tasted homemade. I ate the whole thing and that doesnt happen often!! there was a water slide with a pool that looked like fun but we didnt try that or the zipline. We would have loved to do that but due to other circumstances, were not able to. They also had a small area for humming birds you can visit and take pics in while sitting close by. Very nice and clean grounds, well maintained and would love to visit again sometime!

1  Thank ksilva4
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We went to mystic mountain yesterday and had a really great day. You go up in a ski lift and this appears to be the only way up so if your scared of heights you might not enjoy this part of it. The view is amazing as you are going up and the take a picture of you which you can purchase for 15 dollars or 1300 Jamaican dollars. We went on the bobsled and it was great fun it's fast and quite bumpy but my husband would like it to have gone faster. The nature trail was awesome and we went with a guide and you get lots of information about the trees and how mystic mountain was built. It's about 1/2 hour but it's worth it. Our tour guide was called Akeem and he was quite funny too. The infinity pool is small but it's nice and the slide is super fun it's nice just to relax before returning to your hotel.

1  Thank Temi B
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Loved the friendly helpful staff at Mystic Mountain. They made our bobsled, canopy ride, and zip lining experience the best ever. When we finished the zip lines, instead of having to ride back down on the canopy chair lift our guides had bobsleds sent up for us so we got to ride them a second time back to the top!

1  Thank Randy N
See more reviews
Reviewed June 12, 2014

This place is embedded in the hillside jungle. I wanted to go here for the Bobsled. I have been to two of the five Alpine Coasters here is the US. I believe that it is just one company that builds these things around the world. They are fun and The Jamaican Bobsled is no exemption. We did the Tranopoly package and there was no waiting for any of the rides. I bought tickets through rainforestadventure.com (15% discount) but I never got the confirmation email from them so it took a little bit of work to get through the gates when we got there. Be sure to print the confirmation at the time of purchase.
The ziplines (6 towers) were fun and the guides were great and always joking around.
The reason I say it is pricey is I am use to Mexican adventures and for about the same price in Mexico you get 17 zip towers, 2 raft rivers, 2 atv trails, 2 swimming rivers plus food and drink included.
If you are just in it for the ziplines, I hear Chukka is a good alternative.

2  Thank Brian T