“A fun day out!”

Book In Advance
More Info
$72.18*
and up
Rainforest Adventures Jamaica Mystic Mountain...
Ranked #13 of 69 things to do in Ocho Rios
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A must on the list of places to explore and activities to enjoy in Jamaica, the eco-friendly Mystic Mountain, 2010 Tourism Excellence award-winner for Ocho Rios attractions, is an unforgettable rainforest adventure for everyone in your family. A trip to Mystic Mountain in Ocho Rios, St Ann, could take you towering as much as 700 feet above the rainforest above the picturesque shoreline, affording you a captivating bird's-eye view of the town, cruise-ship pier and turquoise waters as far away as St Mary. If you prefer, you could choose to zip line among the trees or bobsled down the mountain meandering in-between shrubs and trees.The rainforest tour, which is spread over 100 acres of lush lands and rated among the best experiences to have in Jamaica, provides you with an up-close glimpse and thrilling experience in a Jamaican rainforest near the beach. Plus, it gives you the chance to explore your adventurous side on one of four activities, including the SkyExplorer, the Bobsled Ride, the Canopy Zip Line and the unique Mystic Waterslide.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We had a really fun day when we visited Mystic Mountain. Yes it is overpriced, we booked tickets and transport through JTL tours at our hotel, it cost us 258USD for two of us. This included all three aspects: Ziplining, Bobsled and The Skyttrain thingy ( chairlift ).
Views over Ocho Rios on the chairlift are beautiful, you can see for miles. Make sure you have suncream applied beforehand as it takes about 15 mins to get up the mountain with some serious sun exposure.
The bobsled was soooo much fun!!! It goes really fast, but you can control the speed don't worry. You can then pay for extra rides as you only get one it's about 30USD for two more rides per person.
Ziplining takes up most of the trip, around 45 mins. The two guys who were leading our group were really professional and funny.
We ate at the restaurant, the food was lovely, make sure you try the Bammy Fries!!
All the staff were lovely and friendly, they do try and push the ride photos on you a little bit but I guess that's what they're there for.
Definitely recommend it!!

1  Thank Lauren S
Write a ReviewReviews (2,562)
All reviews
in 139 reviews
"afraid of heights"
in 68 reviews

Reviewed May 19, 2014

The lady and I did the canopy ride up, then some bobsledding in the rain before heading back down the mountain on the zipline. And it was AWESOME! Yea it can be a little pricey but doing all three together made for an outstanding day. The view from the canopy tree ride was just absolutely incredible and something I will never forget. The bobsled was extra fun because of the recent rain which helped speed it up, but probably the least memorable of the three. The zipline was also a ton of fun, but oh man there was no slowing down on it, they just kept you going and going.

Really though the whole Mystic Mountain experience is incredible and unlike anything I've ever done before. If possible, I would absolutely do the entire experience- you will not regret it!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Just returned from a wonderful afternoon at Mystic Mountain. It was a wonderful adventure for both myself (the scaredy cat) and my children, ages 12 & 10 (the thrill seekers). We chose the tour which included the Sky Tram, which you need no matter what, to bring you to the top of the mountain, the bobsleds, and zip lines. The cost for all three was $145 for adults 12+ and $135 for kids under 12.
The Sky Tram is a ski lift which offers beautiful views of the surrounding area. At the top of the mountain, you proceed to the bobsled line. There is also a museum on the history of Jamaican bobsled on the way that you can peruse. We had about a 5 minute wait before we were strapped in our bobsleds. Adults with smaller children can have up to 2 sleds connected with the adult as driver. You can go as fast or slow as you please, but it is highly recommended by staff to go full speed as to not hold any other riders up. That said, the breaking mechanism is encouraged to be used only at the end of the track. The bobsleds went fast. Really fast. I was scared to death the whole time. I think my eyes were closed. Or filled with tears. Likely both. I was grateful that the ride only lasted about 3 minutes. My bladder couldn't handle much more than that. After the bobsleds, a downpour ensued, so we figured it would be a good time to grab some lunch before the zip lines.
The restaurant had absolutely gorgeous views! It's too bad that the food is so sub-par, as is the service. I had a cheese burger & fries which brought me back to school lunch days, and not in a good way. My kids had mozzarella sticks which they said were ok. Waitress seemed like we were a bother to her; not friendly at all. She never came back to see if everything was ok, if we needed anything else, or asked to refill our drinks. And it wasn't busy. There were maybe 4 other tables seated. For our 3 lunches and 3 sodas, our bill was $48. Pretty pricey given the quality, but whatever.
After lunch, it was on to the zip lines. I was in full panic mode after the bobsleds that tested my fear of heights and roller coasters. Our group of 7 was put in full gear by an extremely friendly group of employees and we were led to our first line by our 2 guides, Mark and Dwight. Be aware that there is no instruction given prior to riding the zip lines. Although your guide may ask you if you have any questions about the DVD instructional video (they're joking). The guides were very funny and interactive, and always joking around. It definitely puts you at ease. 1 guide zips over to the first destination to assist with stopping you and getting you off of the line. The second guide stays and hooks you up to the line and sends you on your way. There's not much you have to know or do to zip line. You basically hold on to the bar, cross your legs, and off you go! The first line was pretty scary, but once you know what it's all about, it's exhilirating!
There are 6 different lines that you will ride. The 5th line is a vertical drop and it is scary as hell! You drop extremely fast, as if you were jumping off of a building. I wished there were stairs, because after seeing the first person drop, I would have been down those stairs in a heartbeat. But there were no stairs. Some in the group loved it, others, like myself, were absolutely terrified. The 6'6 African American gentleman that went after me cried. I don't think he enjoyed it. The last line is the longest and highest and takes you right to the Sky Tram, where you can hop on to the bottom of the mountain.
The facility also has a water slide and infinity pool that we didn't get to check out because the rain delayed us a bit. There's also a hummingbird garden that sounded lovely, but again, didn't get to see it. We spent about 3 hours here, and probably could have stayed another hour or so.
All in all, we had a great time. My kids loved every second of it, and I'm glad that I stepped out of my comfort zone for an amazing experience! The staff is great, the views are incredible, and the memories will last a lifetime.

1  Thank Kristen A
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We chose the bobsled package at 70usd each. We were very underwhelmed the canopy ride takes a long time to reach the top, not much to do up there then the short bobsled ride and you are finished...I wouldn't do it again.

2  Thank RebekahAna