Rainforest Adventures Jamaica
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Rainforest Adventures Jamaica Mystic Mountain...
Ranked #13 of 69 things to do in Ocho Rios
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A must on the list of places to explore and activities to enjoy in Jamaica, the eco-friendly Mystic Mountain, 2010 Tourism Excellence award-winner for Ocho Rios attractions, is an unforgettable rainforest adventure for everyone in your family. A trip to Mystic Mountain in Ocho Rios, St Ann, could take you towering as much as 700 feet above the rainforest above the picturesque shoreline, affording you a captivating bird's-eye view of the town, cruise-ship pier and turquoise waters as far away as St Mary. If you prefer, you could choose to zip line among the trees or bobsled down the mountain meandering in-between shrubs and trees.The rainforest tour, which is spread over 100 acres of lush lands and rated among the best experiences to have in Jamaica, provides you with an up-close glimpse and thrilling experience in a Jamaican rainforest near the beach. Plus, it gives you the chance to explore your adventurous side on one of four activities, including the SkyExplorer, the Bobsled Ride, the Canopy Zip Line and the unique Mystic Waterslide.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed January 13, 2012

wow what a tour, so exciting and beautiful, breath taking in views and in what we did the zipeline, bobsled, my grand-daughter danced with the group that was doing entertainment. Will do it again love the rides bobsled better than and ride I have ever been on and I am 61. Supper Supper tour not to be missed.

2  Thank naname5
Write a ReviewReviews (2,550)
All reviews
in 37 reviews
"gift shop"
in 95 reviews

Reviewed January 13, 2012

The pool, slide, and tiny museum were a joke but everything else was breathtaking. The view is priceless. Eating in the rooftop restaurant looking down over the town, beach, ocean was the one of the highlights of our 7 day stay in Jamaica. The ride UP the mountain through the rain forrest in the gondola was so exciting and invigorating. And the bobsled was one of the funnest things I have ever done- And I near Orlando, Florida with tons of amusement parks. But this is sheer, raw, natural fun. You sit in a small bobsled on a metal track with a hand brake. After buckling in you fly down the twist and turns of the metal track through the plush, shaded, gorgeous rain forest. Not that you will see much of it because you are going so fast- what a rush! You can slow yourself down BUT don't. Enjoy the ride. We had to go a second time becuase we both used the brake too much the first time. My wife did the zip-line which she said was the funnest thing she has EVER done zipping through the rain forest,

1  Thank lodom
Reviewed January 12, 2012

We liked it. Had fun, but it was expensive. We did the bobsled and zip line. The restaurant was good, but very expenive it was $100 for 7 of us eating burgers!

1  Thank mdhoskins
Reviewed January 9, 2012

This was our favorite thing in Jamaica. The initial ride is very expensive, but you can do additional rides for about $20.

The ride was very fun. It's not very scary, it's sort of like being on a Walt Disney coaster with better scenery. We saw a lot of seniors and children riding. They seemed fine.The ride down the mountain lasted maybe 2 minutes. The ride back up was about 5. I saw a few little monkeys and a hummingbird on the way back up the mountain.

You get up the mountain via ski lift. I saw a few people complaining about how dangerous it was. It's just a standard ski lift; I've been on similar ones at Blizzard Beach.

3  Thank miumiu4me
See more reviews
Reviewed January 8, 2012

The ride up was great, a little slow, ok, a lot slow...but so what, the views were well worth it. Once you reach your destination, depending on the time of day the lines can be a little long. You can ride in a single sled or they can join two sled together. If your husband is a speed freak dont let him drive...dont say I didnt warn you. The ride last approximately 5 minutes. I had such fun, even during my hubbys driving and in between screams. I would definately do it again, I'm driving!.

1  Thank IlandPrincess