“Amazing time at the Castles”
poolleftside 14terraces
marlins4
poolview3
swimming2
Steps to Sea
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 12 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Erie, Colorado
“Amazing time at the Castles”
Reviewed April 4, 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

Our family of 5 had an absolutely wonderful time at the Castles . From the second we arrived we were greeted right away with rum punch and regular punch for the kids ( 11,14,15) which was so refreshing after the trip from the airport .. right away you are engulfed by the amazing views of the lush greenery and aqua waters. The staff was so much fun , so attentive and polite everyday we had the most beautiful array of flowers
perfectly placed at our dinner table with different napkins each evening !! The chef Curline was wonderful always having an array of food.. our favorite were the plantains and the Banana tart.. oh so yummy!!! Eda & Cherine always helped us getting into town scheduling excursions, setting up massages to come in and we're both so delightful.
Nation always took care of the property making sure by 7 am everything was swept hot tub on pool water running it was paradise every morning all day and all evening!!
We loved every second of our vacation at the Castles!!

Apr 5, 2017
Thank you so much for your thoughtful review. So happy you both and the children had a wonderful holiday.
The staff enjoyed having you, and looking forward to your return visit.
nbandy
Westerville, Ohio
“Amazing views and terrific staff”
Reviewed March 26, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

We booked this for a two-family vacation (5 people and 4 people) and it was the perfect spot. There was plenty of room for the 9 of us while still having privacy. The views are definitely as advertised, safely in a gated property. The home could use a few minor updates - but, it was meticulously clean and we were very comfortable. The pool area is perfect for chilling out and well taken care of. We can't say enough about the staff there - Eda, Curline, Sherine, and Ralston (Nation). They're attentive, friendly, and definitely go the extra mile to make your stay special. The meals were terrific - and it was awesome having fresh flowers from the grounds on the table every day. Also, many of Jamaica's best attractions are within about 20 minutes from the property. Thanks Joyce and team!

Mar 27, 2017
Thank you so much for your lovely review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, as our staff throughly enjoyed having you! We look forward to your return visit and will for certainly make Castles even greater for you next time!
Kamelion2...
Vadnais Heights, Minnesota
“Amazing views and a staff that is out of this world!!!”
Reviewed January 31, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

Our family of 6 stayed at Castles by the Sea for 7 days. This villa had a lot to live up to since we have been travelling to Jamaica for over 17 years. Our expectations were high. When we arrived we were greeted by our lovely staff, and Nation brought us Rum Punch :) We toured the villa and were very excited to see that it was just as it looks in the pictures! The pool and the views were by far our favorite! The villas themselves are very nice, but could use some updating. There were a few things that weren't as advertised, namely the pool/ping pong table and snorkeling equipment. We were also looking forward to playing some croquet as others had talked about this, but the equipment was no where to be found. Not a big deal as we kept ourselves busy. By far the best part of our vacation was the staff at Castles. Curline is the most amazing cook ever!!! Even my pickiest eater enjoyed absolutely everything she made...and even asked her to share her recipes. Eda and Sherrine were so accommodating and kept everything spotless! We enjoyed seeing their smiling faces each morning!! Nation was always busy keeping the grounds and pool looking perfect. We kept him busy fixing things and running to town to get us more Red Stripe!

My only complaint would be the beds. They weren't the most comfortable, but Eda went out of her way to find some mattress pads to try and make them better. Anything we needed or desired, the staff was ready and willing to help.

We definitely enjoyed our stay at Castles and would come back again! Thanks again to the staff...they became family by the end of the week and I wish we could have taken them home with us :) Much love and blessings! Reggae Man, Karen and Family <3

Feb 2, 2017
Karen, thank you so much for your review of the Castles On The Sea. So happy you had a wonderful, memorable vacation. The staff truly enjoyed having you and family and are awaiting your return next time! My sincere apologies you were were not able to locate the ping pong tablle and.lawn crocket . I will make certain that the staff keep in a more visible area. I apologize for that! Looking forward to your next visit.
apriljoy5...
New Rochelle, New York
“Perfect place for rest and relaxation”
Reviewed December 31, 2016 for a stay in December 2016

I stayed at the villa with my immediate family-siblings and nieces and nephew.The staff ; Nation, Aida, Carlene and Sherene were the best. They were friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to make us comfortable and happy. They assisted us with getting laundry done. Carlene (the chef) made the most amazing authentic Jamaica meals for us. We are Jamaicans who were home for a family get together and wanted only authentic Jamaican meals ; like ackee and saltfish; callaloo; ital stew etc. She delivered !!. Luckily we went out for runs in the mornings to burn some of those calories-we ate so much. She is definitely a keeper. The morning of our departure the staff came in earlier than normal to ensure we had our usual delicious breakfast before leaving. Carlene even packed snacks for us to take on the plane.
The property was well kept and the house was clean. Nation was up at the crack of dawn every day maintaining the beautiful grounds and always looking out for anything we wanted. Made us feel safe. We enjoyed the hot tub and the pool.
The view was amazing. I would fall asleep at nights to the sound of waves of the ocean. I did not use the pool much because it rained most days- but then its the rain that helps to keep our Jamaica so beautiful.
We were able to watch movies on the Apple TV at nights. Most importantly we were allowed to use the phone to make calls at no additional charge- life saver as the cell phones didn't always work
The villa is a bit of a distance from Ocho Rios and some of the attractions but we liked the fact that it was far from the hustle and bustle of the tourist crowd. It was peaceful, calm and relaxing. As a runner I felt safe running on the road which I could not do in or near the town.
The owner; Ms Verne called a few times to check on our stay and even called on the morning of our departure to wish us a safe flight. I have stayed at vacation rental before and no owner has ever shown such concern their guess like Ms Verne did. Great customer service!!!
Once again ' WE ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE STAFF.
We looked forward t staying there again in the future.

Jan 2, 2017
Thank you so much for your lovely review. The staff and I are so happy you enjoyed your stay . We look forward to having you again soon!
Relax6246...
“This vacation was something we all needed and well deserved. Great relaxation!”
Reviewed November 5, 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

I traveled with friends, family and spouses for this trip. The villas had everything that is shown in the pictures. The owner Joyce was responsive durining the booking process and answered most of our questions. There aren't enough words to commend "Chef Warren and groundkeeper Nashawn, the housekeepers came daily and were respectful to our privacy. However there were a few things that were a down fall for us, for starters the house was not as clean as expected, with all do respect it had been raining the day of our arrival as it did for our entire stay, but it appeared that they may have just started there work when we arrived. The villa also states that their is sattelite tv,and internet well I was only able to get one channel the entire week where others never was able to enjoy tv in there rooms. The internet was only working in one villa, we were assured by the next day that the others would be able to recieve internet access in there villa as well, that never happened. One couple encoutered ants in all over the bathroom and in the shower every day, not just a few but a pile of them. I read on the reveiws that there was a place for us to be able to do laundry if we needed however when I asked the housekeeper about this she immediately stated that they don't do laundry, I wasnt asking her to do it for me I had spilled red wine on a white swim suit and wanted to clean it, Eda the other housekeeper did come to me later and said that she would do my laundry however I had clened it my-self and I thanked her but told her I was fine. Another small thing was that all of the reveiws stated how the owner called to check on there stay while at the castles, my group and I never heard from her the entire time. Just a FYI to future consumers...nothing is close ;Dunns river falls, downtown ochio rios, any tourists attraction is a pretty good distance and the rides for anywhere can be costly. Last but not least if you looking to book something like this for couples just know the rooms are great with awesome veiws but in each house you have 0ne bedroom with a king size bed and one room with double beds, as couples you may want privacy and not have to share a room with another couple if you know what I mean.(lol) Being that this was our first time and really not knowing what to expect we had a overall great time, the villas were beautiful however it can use some upgrades, being a tourist there are a few changes that could and would make this place one of the best on the islands. Don't change your CHEF......and the houskeepers could use a bit more personality. I would reccommend this establishment to others,but also would let them know that it's probably more suitable for families or friends not just couples. Thank you Joyce, Chef Warren, Nashawn, Eda, and Sherren for making our stay memorable we enjoyed ourselves and hope to visit again. We love you "mon".... Continue to blessed.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The privacy, the veiws, and the food
Liked least: The cleaniness
Traveling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Nov 6, 2016
Thank you Cheryl for your review and I'm dissopointed that we missed the opportunity to give you a better experience at our beautiful resort.
I'm so sorry you didn't have many sunny days during your stay. Upon your next visit, I'm more than happy to offer you a 25% discount. I will speak to our house staff to alert them to the issues that you experienced with the ants that were seen due to the extensive rain, and I will speak personally to the housekeeper about offering a more positive approach.
I appreciate your excellent comments about the rest of our staff as I too appreciate their hard work ethics and warm disposition.

Thank you again for your honest reviews, as I am eager to make certain corrections that will continue to make our guests experience greater and greater each time, as we aim to please!

Looking forward to your return to the Castles next time!

Joyce Verne
minah1111
“Absolutely breathtaking!”
Reviewed April 22, 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

Thank you Joyce for making my birthday celebration with my family such an amazing experience. We could not have asked for a more beautiful scenery and wonderful service provided by your staff. We miss Twin Castles already and cannot wait to return. Thanks to you and your staff for an amazing stay.

Value Rooms

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing