“KnowJamaica Tours.....5 star treatments for 2 star price”
Review of Know Jamaica Tours

Know Jamaica Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Know Jamaica Tours: we are the best transportation /tour guide provider throughout the entire island of Jamaica, there are others around no doubt, however if you really want the best where you are guaranteed value for your dollar don't hesitate to look Us up! Yah Mon we operate from all resorts throughout Jamaica and from all cruise ship ports. Booking with us is easy as 1, 2, 3!!
Reviewed November 30, 2009

This is my first time going to Jamaica and I already made plans with “Know Jamaica Tours” to return every year. Marva was very polite and courteous. She made sure my family was well satisfied at all times…she catered to my family so I could have a great vacation.. My husband and kids thought she was the best tour guide we’ve ever met. I travelled to other Islands such as the Bahamas and was never this satisfied. Thanks Marva! Javia was very knowledgeable and was able to answer all our questions about the Island….He was very funny too…We had fun and I can’t wait to return. The best part is they are very affordable, The price was right!!! I felt like I got 5 star treatments for 2 star price!!! ; We visited Dunn’s River falls and had lunch at a Jerk chicken place in Ocho Rios. We had no trouble with their schedule; they pick us up and drop you off on time... “Know Jamaica” is the right name for this group!!!
Sherie and Andre from Orlando Florida

1  Thank tsjantoine

Reviewed November 20, 2009

Hello my travel friends... Listen up... I was part of a large group that came into Ocho Rios this past week via a new major cruise line. I opted not to follow the herd that went with the cruise recommended excursions and took to heart the TripAdvisor recommendations of KnowJamaica. Tour guide and Jamaica native Marva Shaw came to get us shortly after we arrived at the pier in a relatively new and definitely clean silver passenger van. We didn't realize that we couldn't pay for the tour by credit card so Marva took us to the local ATM to get money for the trip. An easy 5 minute stop. We took off for Dunn's River Falls which is a popular attraction and for good reason... an unbelievable experience where you climb a water fall beginning at a beautiful beach location. Highly recommended and relatively easy if you're in decent shape. Takes about 90 minutes. After the Falls, Marva came back to get us to take us a few miles to go tubing down the White River... If you've ever been to Disneyland, think "Jungle Cruise." My wife and I (and our tubing guide) were seemingly the only people on river at the time. We stopped about half way to jump off a 15 foot plank into the river... they take your picture with a digital camera and quickly download it to a computer and then offer the photo to you for a price right on the spot... modern technology at its best. After finishing the 30 minute tubing adventure, Marva was there at the end waiting to pick us up. She then led us off to a beautiful and secluded beach. I grew up in California and lived close to the ocean pretty much all my life. Trust me when I say that it's one of the best beaches you will ever find. There were probably less than 20 people total on this beach where tasty drinks were served to us by a waitress... in our particular case, think "Miss Jamaica." We spent a few hours admiring the beauty of the beach and sipping cocktails. My wife actually fell asleep for a bit in the beach chair... a true testament of just how relaxing it was... It was tough to leave but we had to get back to the ship. Of course, I do know the name of the beach but realized, in hindsight, that we would've never found it or gotten in had it not been for the knowledge of Marva and KnowJamaica. To find out, you'll just have to take the tour for yourself. You pay her at the beginning and then she pays everyone (Dunn's River Falls, White River Tubing and Beach access) along the way, probably not getting that big of a cut. She's the coolest. Go support her and have the time of your life. For us, it was our first trip to Jamaica and a day we'll never forget. Money well spent! So much so that we even gave Marva a sizeable tip... ONE LOVE Marva! We hope to see you in the future!

6  Thank ItsGoodToBeJeff
Reviewed November 19, 2009

Marva and Javia were awesome. My family and I were undecisive as to where we wanted to go and what we wanted to do, but Marva and her son Javia were patient and understanding. Javia is a true Jamaica. We went everywhere, from dunn's river falls to the best jerk spots there were. His knowledge of his country is superb. This will be an annual event for my family. It was just lovely!!!!!!

1  Thank Teja2009
Reviewed November 10, 2009

Marva was a wonderful guide for our day in Jamaica. We contacted her and arranged the time we had on our cruise ship stop, seeing the places that appealed to my husband and I. The best thing was not being tied down to a particular time schedule. Contact KnowJamaica Tours and have the best time!
Louise from Kentucky

Reviewed November 4, 2009

I had friendly and prompt service from a very knowledgable and fun group called KnowJamaica.com. They got me the information I needed as I had specific needs during my short trip, they showed me the island and its many attractions, even gave me the ins and outs of several resorts for future travel.

Marva and her team made my trip better than I expected. They really gave me first class service for a reasonable price.

Billie