“Fun and Informative”
Review of Know Jamaica Tours

Know Jamaica Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Know Jamaica Tours: we are the best transportation /tour guide provider throughout the entire island of Jamaica, there are others around no doubt, however if you really want the best where you are guaranteed value for your dollar don't hesitate to look Us up! Yah Mon we operate from all resorts throughout Jamaica and from all cruise ship ports. Booking with us is easy as 1, 2, 3!!
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We were met as promised by Javia and immediately felt we would be in good hands for a day of touring Jamaica. He gave us an excellent overview of life on the island and answered any and all questions. We visited Carl the Spice man and several spots that afforded us beautiful views. He was very informative about life on the island and pointed out schools, gave us some history, and many other points of interest. We asked him to pick our lunch spot and he chose the Village Jerk Center which we enjoyed. Afterward, he took us to a nice beach to relax until time to return to ship. We wish this wonderful young man and his mother all the best and encourage you to book a tour with KnowJamaica Tours.

knowjamaicatours, Owner at Know Jamaica Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

It was a pleasure hosting you while you visited our conutry & decided to use our services, @ Knowjamaicatours we would love to say thanks a million & please don't hesitate to share the word with friend families & co-workers. One Love & the best for the new year.

There are newer reviews for Know Jamaica Tours

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We traveled to MoBay on a cruise and from past trips we knew to put our day in Javia's capable hands, he did not disappoint!! We asked for a short tour before heading to Doctor's Cave and M'ville. Jay took us up to Richmond Hill, a sweet manor from days gone by with the most breathtaking views of MoBay and the port. A few dollars entrance and we were welcomed into this manor-now-hotel to tour, use the pool, have some refreshments (Red Stripe :) and of course take in the views. We then went down to the beach and M'ville, Jay waited for us, and rounded us up when it was time to head back to the ship. Jamaica remains a top favorite and it has a lot to do with getting to visit with Javia again!!
See you next year, mon, Floatie loves ya!! <3

1  Thank FloatieFunatic

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Went on a cruise and at the advice of my Travel agent we booked a tour with this company. Tavia Shaw picked us up at the cruise ship and offered to take us anywhere we wanted to go. There was 8 of us..My husband my son and his girlfriend, my daughter and her husband, my step-daughter and her boyfriend and myself. Now my husband and I have been to Jamaica before but this time we had our kids with us which had not been there..now I know the risks of being in another country but this time I had my kids at risk also (they are all in their 20's)..but the moment we set out to spend the day with the Shaw's never once did any of us feel like we were at risk for anything other than a GREAT TIME!! We had no.preference where to go so.off he went and took us all over the island! We laughed and told him jokes and he laughed right along with us..my son and son-n-law took right to him. We stopped at some roadside bar to grab a drink and by some things..he made sure that where he was stopping was safe for us. Then after some beautiful sight seeing he took us to this place called Scotchies...it was amazing jerk food..we ate outside under little huts which the kids loved. We bought his lunch even though he tried to refuse. Then he took us to a nice quiet beach so we could hang out..then we did some shopping. He only took.us to the secure shopping places and stayed with us the entire time. We had the best time with him that we had the whole cruise..we hated leaving him as he was so easy to get to know. When we go to Jamaica again he will DEFINITELY be our guide!! If you are going to Jamaica the only way to see the island is
with him!! You will not be sorry you took the time to spend the day with him!!!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

This was my first time touring with this company, but some of our large party had already toured with them. They loved their previous tours so it was a no brainer. First off, they came all the way from Ocho Rios to Montego Bay, 2 hours away! Javia "Jay" was an excellent guide. He taught us some Jamaican patois and some greetings and declared us Jahmericans! He brought us to a roadside vendor to buy some Red Stripes on the beach and told us to pay no more than a certain amount for the beers. Cold, roadside and refreshing - perfect way to start the day!

We wanted to do some sightseeing before going to Doctor's Cave beach and Margaritaville and boy did we find a beautiful place to see the sights at Richmond Hill. For a couple of dollars we were able to tour the grounds of this beautiful hotel which reminded you of old Hollywood. The views from their are breathtaking. Makes us want to go back and stay there. We hung out for a little while, had a drink or two took a ton of pictures. He also brought us around town and boy was I surprised in how nice it was in MoBay. It is easily one of the nicest ports I have been to in the Caribbean and I have been to many ports. Did I say I can't wait to go back to Jamaica!

Doctor's Cave was a beautiful beach club, did not disappoint. Margaritaville was a great time! Probably my favorite of all that I have been to in my life. It probably had something to do with the waterslide that shoots you like a cannon into the ocean. So much fun!

The cost of the trip was so low that I don't even want to say how cheap it was. Needless to say I just doubled the cost in my tip. Jay waited for us while we made our way to both Doctor's Cave and M'ville. I look forward to coming back to Jamaica again and will surely call KnowJamaica tours so that they can show me more of their beautiful island.

1  Thank pomm1972
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We contacted Marva Shaw by email a month before arrival and she responded very quickly and let us know the prices to go to the 2 places we wanted to go: Dunn's River Falls and the Blue Hole. Her communication was excellent, prices were reasonable and it included beverages and entrance fees. I contacted her 2 days before arrival again to confirm we'd be there waiting between 10 &11 and the beverages we wanted. She told us she would be there. We got out to the waiting area and gave Marva's name to the woman with the Walkie-Talkie who seemed to coordinate all of the tour operators picking up cruise passengers. We waited 20 minutes which seemed a long time of just standing there in a corral area but hoped it would be worth it. It was not Marva who came as we expected. Our guide, Hines, picked us up and took us to Dunn's River Falls which wasn't far. I understood that she meant the "royal" I and sent one of her employees, but I still had high expectations. The minivan was clean and newer and I was impressed. Marva even called to make sure we were comfortable. The radio was on and was playing OutKast - the unedited version. My kids are teens but I felt it was presumptuous to play that kind of language in music when you have guests in your car. I did not expect to come to Jamaica to hear an old rap album. Where was the Reggae? Or better yet, the verbal commentary from the driver? I was told by Marva that she would put her "spin on" the tour. I never got that from this guy. He walked us to the pay window but was surprised that the attraction entrance fees were included in our price. Should this not have been part of his knowledge base as our driver? We paid him the entire fee up front at that point, hoping we wouldn't wind up getting stiffed (and we didn't) so he could pay the entrance fee. We did Dunn's River Falls while Hines waited. No rushing to get us anywhere which was nice. When we got back in the car, I had him change to music to a reggae CD I found in the glove box. He did say it was only his second time driving that car, but still... The 30 minute drive to the Blue Hole was not what I expected. The most taciturn driver ever. I had to repeatedly ask him to tell me things about the area but he just pointed out "there's the post office" and "I live over that hill there" kind of comments. The only comments about Jamaica were a mild berating about how we should come back for a week and not just hours - Several times. It's not up to you to plan my future vacations or my money. I took a cruise because I wanted to. If I come back, it will be because I choose to. Ugh! Loved the Blue Hole - one of the best cruise excursions we've ever taken. Hines waited patiently again for us and though we still had an hour left before I wanted to be back, when he asked us where we wanted to go next, I just said back to the ship. He never once offered suggestions of what might be a good place to see or stop other than how a few places were better than Dunn's River Falls. Places we would not have time to visit since they were similar attractions. I thought we would be shown something interesting but did not want to answer the next question I expected about where I wanted to go. I'm not from there, you are. Never offered us a drink though Marva had given the impression that it would be available. Never engaged us about the island. And when he dropped us off, said that his job was to get us from point A to point B with no problems and no scratch on us. Mission accomplished. If I knew it was just going to be the equivalent of a taxi driver, I would have chosen differently. Yes, he did the job the way he saw it, but not what I had been expected to receive. When I got home, there was an email from Marva apologizing for not having any drinks as a "mix up" on her part. Would not use her again. I think her drivers - or at least this one - need better training. If he thinks his job is purely taxi transportation, he gets a good grade, but as he was supposed to be a tour guide, I give a failing grade.

1  Thank AyannaFlorida

Hi, good afternoon .
I am sorry that Knowjamaicatours never met up to you expectations, however we appreciate your honest opinions as we are still on a building process and critics good or bad means a lot to us.
We would like to thank you again for choosing our services in the first place & we highly appreciate your review as we try our best to please all our clients. Like you say never again but if we ever get the chance again we would try our best to make things worth your while.
Thanks again & all the best for the new year.