“EXCELLENT DEAL AND AN AWESOME DAY!!!!!!”
Review of Know Jamaica Tours

Know Jamaica Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Know Jamaica Tours: we are the best transportation /tour guide provider throughout the entire island of Jamaica, there are others around no doubt, however if you really want the best where you are guaranteed value for your dollar don't hesitate to look Us up! Yah Mon we operate from all resorts throughout Jamaica and from all cruise ship ports. Booking with us is easy as 1, 2, 3!!
Nothglenn CO
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“EXCELLENT DEAL AND AN AWESOME DAY!!!!!!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I booked a private tour, for my husband and I, with Knowjamaicatours, on May 10, 2013. This was our first time to Jamaica and we both wanted to see Jamaica. Not just the tourist spots, we wanted to see the culture, housing, taste the foods, shop a little, etc. To experience the real Jamaica.
Javia showed up right on time. He was in a very nice, air conditioned car. He was very polite and very knowledgeable about Jamaica. In no time we had a plan as to what we were going to do and what we wanted to see. Ask him to take you to his "secret spots", they were beautiful. I also enjoyed the Coyoba Gardens, where you get personalized tours of the gardens, and some great pictures.
We could not have asked for a better day. We learned a lot about Jamaica, met some wonderful people, ate some great food, and got some awesome pictures, all for a very reasonable price. I hope to bring my mom to Jamaica, and when we get there, I plan to call KnowJamaicatours for another tour. Thank you Javia and Marva for an awesome day!!!!

1 Thank nursetoni_13

Grimsby, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Nice Day with Marva”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Marva was very professional, knowledgable and polite. You could trust her 100% with our belongings in the car. I even left my children with her in the car while using the washroom. We never felt uncomfortable with her the entire day. We enjoyed Dunns River, everyone should do it once. The River Raft was OK, not as good as I would have expected. We enjoyed the tour through the countryside. Marva explained the way of life in Jamaica and was happy to answer all of our questions. Overall she made our day very enjoyable. We did not love Ocho Rios however. There wasn't a lot to see or do and vendors really bothered you. We have stopped at many other islands on crusies and this was one of the least impressive. I would not go back to Ocho Rios but if you do, I highly recommend booking Marva and doing the Dunns River Falls.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank JGAI
New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Couldn't ask for a better service!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have been meaning to write this review but didn’t get a chance until now. We had rented a private car for the day to take us around with this company after reading all the reviews. It was worth the money to be able to do your own thing and escape the hordes of tourists from the cruise ship. The car was very clean and comfortable. Javia Shaw took us around to all the scenic site including Dunns Fall. He was very knowledgeable about the history and is very easy to converse with. We ate the best jerk bbq at the local Jerk Center and then stopped by a small local private beach to swim where there was no one there except us and this awesome bar with lounge chairs. It was very enjoyable and relaxing to go at our own pace. I would highly recommend using them for your next trip to Jamaica.

Visited November 2012
Copley, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Far Exceeding Expectations”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was an excellent tour personally provided to us by Marva Shaw and I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical going into it but my expectations were met and then some. Marva and her representatives were very helpful and knowledgable and trustworthy. Like Lauram1128, we also left belongings in the van and they were not messed with and she was right on time to pick us up going in both directions to take us to the Falls.

As soon as we arrived at the port, the representative called Marva on the phone immediately to greet us as she was not quite there yet and said that we could sit in another van to cool off if necessary. She came by shortly and drove us and three others to the Falls giving a brief history of where we were going. The nice part about it - that I heard other stories from people on the cruise who also did ad hoc tours versus using the cruise line was that the price of admission to the falls was included. They are not all like that -- the representatives took us right to where we needed to rent the shoes and we were on our way!

Thank you Marva! -- Stacie

Whittier, California
“Awesome and informative tour of Ocho Rios”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I booked the tour with Know Jamaica Tours based on the reviews on TA for my niece and I. I booked the tour for us, since I was insure of how Jamaica be for two ladies alone. We got off the cruise ship and asked the security guard where was Marva shaw and he directed us to a lady that was her friend. This lady called Marva and Marva came a few minutes later. We booked the river tubing tour and Dunn falls.
I loved both activities. The Falls were a little scary, but doable. Everyone helped each other up the falls. The tubing was relaxing and beautiful. Michael was our tour guide down the river. And he sang to us a bit off key but that made the trip very charming.
Marva was excellent. She provided us information on Jamaica and its culture. I felt safe with her. She warned us of the vendors at Dunn Falls. She took us shopping. Be warned of the constant tipping at these locations from the different tours guide at each of these locations. They are not shy of asking for the tips, which I felt a little off guard. Although Marva need pressure us for tip.

Actually she is very trustworthy. My niece left a purchase she made (hat) and Marva took it back to the cruise ship after she dropped us off.

I would strongly recommend you take this tour based the values of what you get. The pricecovers all entrance fees for the Falls ($20 per person) and river tubing.

I always felt safe in Jamaica. Jamaica, Ocho Rios is very beautiful and should not be missed.