“Peaceful, Clean, Well Maintained & Intimate: The...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Varifocal
London, United Kingdom
“Peaceful, Clean, Well Maintained & Intimate: The Kima Experience.”
Reviewed October 3, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

My Wife, Daughter, Sister, Mother & I stayed in Villa Kima for 6 nights & 6 days earlier this month as part of my Mothers 80th Birthday Celebrations.

Of all the properties we could have chosen to reside in, Kima came across as most appropriate to our wishes. I mentioned to Alan (from Sun Villas, Jamaica) my Mother's ambulatory issues and he answered all my queries during our first few e-mails. The pool was easy for my mother to access for her daily exercise and there were two bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms on the ground floor which was ideal for her.

On arrival, we were greeted by Hyacinth, Miss Lett & Miguel, bags were taken to our rooms and we were allowed to have a quick tour and explore the grounds. We found Kima clean & Hyacinth, Miss Lett & Miguel, sociable, pleasant & polite.

Our first meal was provided by Miss Hyacinth. The Stew Peas & Pork Chop dishes on the evening of our arrival were truly Jamaican in flavour, delicious & filling. Breakfast the next morning did not disappoint either: Fruit Juices, a selection of local fresh fruit, coffee, tea and Ackee & Saltfish as our desired main course. Our daily breakfast followed this pattern with variations of the juices, fresh fruit & tasty mains served, depending on the menu agreed upon the day before. Incredibly delicious and very filling!

Miss Lett and Miguel kept the Villa in tiptop shape, both inside and out: Miss Lett was very efficient at keeping the Villa neat & tidy, all bathrooms and bedrooms were cleaned daily and left in immaculate condition; Miguel's constant attention kept the grounds beautiful & the pool & garden clean. He woke early every morning to start groundskeeping and pool cleaning, maintaining throughout the day. To top things off, he took the initiative to hand wash our vehicle and cleaned the inside as well when this was much needed.

We also became acquainted with Henry & Leonard, two members of the villa security team. They were welcoming, friendly and made us feel safe, monitoring the grounds all night from 18:00 to 06:00. If we ventured out late at night on the grounds to swim or watch the moon rise they kept close eye on our safely without encroaching on our privacy.

The property sits close to the seashore and can be accessed anytime of the day. There are many curious rock pools to be explored, which my daughter loved. There isn't an immediate Sandy beach but Hyacinth can give you access to nearby soft sands and crystal clear waters by simply giving you a Bamboo Blu day pass, to a beachside restaurant a couple minutes walk down the road. As a testament to how sufficient and all-inclusive the Villa Kima experience is, we only decided to try a beach swim on the morning of our final day. I want to add here that I also appreciate the great advice Hyacinth offered about local venues to visit or shop at (e.g. Directions on how to find a local potter when an Art Gallery we were hoping to visit was closed in September).

When Latoya, our Villa Agent/Concierge visited and introduced herself to us on our final morning, I shared with her the fact that I found the Kima Villa experience made a previous all-inclusive hotel stay with my Wife & Daughter seem like cattle herding by comparison. Within 24 hours of our check-out, I received an E-mail from Latoya notifying me the wireless speaker we left behind had been located and arrangements would be made to return it to us.

Kima is a peaceful, clean, well maintained & secure property within the Mammee Bay Estate. The all-inclusive Kima experience is personal and intimate. This was my first impression and remains my impression of this delightful three bedroom Villa. We miss being there already.

My one regret was pre-booking several evening meals at other venues before our arrival. No other dining experience could touch the food that left the kitchen at Kima. Truly out of this world.

Hyacinth, Miss Lett & Miguel were extensions of our family and were treated as such. We are missing them already and can't wait until we visit again.

Helen H
Beaverton, Oregon
“Memories to last a lifetime”
Reviewed July 2, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

My nephew was getting married in St Anne so we came to celebrate. Everyone but us stayed in "all inclusive" resorts. We decided that renting of villa was more cost effective, we would have fresh food prepared for us instead of mass produced processed foods at the resorts. We had a phenomenal cook Hyacynth, housekeeper/laundress Aleatha, gardener/pool Karobe. I can not say enough about the staff. They were EXCELLENT. Every meal we had was outstanding. The staff made us feel right at home. We invited them to join us for dinner our last night there and it was the best, we laughed told stories and laughed some more. We also hired a driver for our time there Steve was the BEST. He gave us great advise, was prompt and courteous. Having our own pool to ourselves was a real treat. We did not want to leave we only stayed 4 days because we had planned a side trip in the states on our way back. The villa is close to main attractions of Ocho rios like Dunn River Falls, Dolphin Cove, and zip lines.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: We loved everything about this villa
Liked least: There was nothing at this villa we liked least
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing