“Best Jerk in Jamaica”

Ranked #4 of 115 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I went here after the Bob Marley experience and well it was the best jerk I had the whole trip. Nuff Said!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,785)

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Scotchie's is a must try while in Jamaica for the best jerk chicken, pork, non-greasy sausage (but full of flavor) and great sides. It is sort of a hole-in-the-wall and I mean that in a very good way. You get to see the huge bbq pits/smokers as you are ordering and it is very laid back and relaxing. We tried a little bit of everything on the menu and loved it. Courtney Taylor Tours is a very safe, fun and reasonably priced way to get to Scotchie's and any other places that you would like to see while in any part of Jamaica. We felt very safe with him and he is very reliable.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We went there to have lunch as part of our private tour during our cruise stop. It may be touristy but the jerk chicken is just delicious - if you do not like spicy food I would recommend to mention it when ordering. The place is a garden so just take pictures, sit, enjoy the jerk chicken with a red stripe

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here. Personally, I thought the Jerk chicken at our resort was every bit as good as Scotchie's. This place was fine as was the food, but portions were small.

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

I stopped by here on the way back to our cruise ship. I ordered a red stripe ate some jerk chicken all the while listening to reggae music. My Jamaican trip was now complete!