“The best Jerk ever!”

Ranked #4 of 115 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed July 6, 2013

All I can say it please go and try; it is the best thing Jamaica offers
There is a great selection and the prices are reasonable
Authentic mouth watering food

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We had the fish at Scotchie's and it was ok. It had a little seasoning, but definitely not robust and bursting with jerk flavor. I think I've had better jerk fish in Africa. The fish was grilled in aluminum foil, so it was not prepared the way the other jerk items were, grilled and seasoned whole over an open flame atop a huge hickory log which adds extra flavor during the grilling process. We were expecting a whole fish with with jerk season cooked into the fish on an open flame, marinated and continuously slathered with jerk sauce atop a hickory log, but what we got was some jerk seasoning placed on top of a fish filet, steamed inside the foil on top of the grill or flame. Not the same!! The chicken looked like it was being done right, but I can not attest to that. The fish was definitely decent, but not anything to call home about. However, I think the chicken or pork will probably taste better since it was being prepared like we expected the fish would.

I would suggest going for the experience. it's not terribly expensive, the food tastes ok and you can take a picture for your memories. Other than that, for pescetarians, I would pass

Reviewed July 4, 2013

The atmosphere is lovely and the food is delicious. One of the best places for real Jamaican jerk :)

Reviewed July 2, 2013

There was nothing I did not like about this restaurant. It has beautiful grounds and the food is to die for.

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Everybody at our resort recommended this place for the best jerked chicken in Montego Bay our driver also agreed and took us there. We had the jerked chicken out was delicious. The service was great and very authentic.