“Delicious!”

Ranked #4 of 114 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stopped at Scotchie's for lunch on February 11th during a tour of Jamaica with Mark's Tours. The food was great and the atmosphere was rustic and fun. The jerk chicken was seasoned well. My meal included jerk chicken, beans and rice, and a bottle of soda. My friend ordered the festival and this tasted good as well. The price was very reasonable.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,582)

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Very casual. We tried the chicken, pork and chicken sausage. Party of seven two rounds of red stripe $102 us.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I love the jerk pork at Scotchies. As a child my parents bought property here in Jamaica-Ocho Rios. So I've spent most of my vacation time as a child and now as an adult in Jamaica but I've never been to Scotchies. What a treat was I missing out on! Now I know better. Thanks for the impromptu stop Nicoli..I owe you one

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stopped here on a private tour on Jamaica and it was great. You arrive and place your order at the cashier, then you move further down to the cooks. We were the only ones there when we arrived. The staff are not very friendly.... it seemed like they were weary of serving tourists. No smiles at all. The kitchen is open so it was interesting to watch them cut up the raw chicken and place them on layers of logs over a big barbecue, and cover them with sheet metal to cook. The chef then whacked the chicken apart and wrapped it up in tin foil. (watch for bones!) The pork sausage wasn't as good as the jerk chicken but it was still good. We enjoyed a red stripe beer with our meal. It was an inexpensive and enjoyable authentic Jamaican lunch. You eat outside under a Palapa.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have gone to Scotchies on two different trips to Jamaica and would recommend it to anyone who visits the area. Although it is not near attractions and is not in Ocho Rios itself, it makes up for this with very tender pork and delicious chicken done in the Jamaican Jerk way, which rivals even the best Virginia Pork Places. Also, you get your jerk sauce in cups, not drenched on the meat, and have the ability to add ketchup, which cuts the spiciness. Don't miss the festival, or the fried breadplant if it is available. While I go for juices when I am there, they also had Arizona Teas, and of course a full bar.
Prices are reasonable and a family can easily enjoy things here. Plus, you are surrounded by small oasis areas of tables so you never seem to be crowded.

1  Thank Adam A