“Hard to find but TASTY!”
Review of Scotchie's

Scotchie's
Ranked #3 of 115 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Make sure someone gives you very specific directions to find this place, there isn't great signage! But if you are looking for delicious Jerk Chicken, this is the place!!! (It is right by the Epping Gas Station if that helps...) We loved this place!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,681)

Reviewed November 11, 2012

the meat is lightly spiced - pork and chicken- so my lips tingled slightly on eating. the chicken is moist and piping hot. didn't try the conch seafood soup but other group members enjoyed it. be aware you will be outdoors under a grass hut roof in a pavilion that might sat up to 20- there are several- and that you pick up the food towards the back of the restaurant and it is served in foil. if you are so inclined, pick up some paper plates and wetnaps before you go.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

great food my favourite was the jerk chicken i would go back there again.nice and clean place, lots of nice drink to choose from great place to eat.

1  Thank EnglandA
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I'm from the Bahamas and i really wanted some good jerk, since this was first time to Jamacia, i came online to search where to go and found that hundreds off ppl liked Scotchies, my taxi driver said it was not the best and its not even owned by a Jamaican however we still nagged him to take us because the internet never lies; Wow it was dry....dry...dry the worst jerk ever, and the fish was not season at all, Totally not worth it, I should of listen to my taxi driver and let him take me and my friends to another jerk pit. Very upset maybe because i'm from the island i know what real jerk taste like!!!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

A bit leary about eating here as it looked like a rundown hole in the wall restaurant but I was so wrong!!. Food was excellent. Staff was nice. Nice rustic area to sit down in.

We had chicken, pork, Festival (sweet bread), breadfruit, corn, rice. We ate in family style. Prices were great and portions were substantial. The hot sauce was excellent and spicy.

I will definately eat here when I go back to Jamaica.