“You must go here.”

Ranked #3 of 115 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Do whatever you can. Pay whatever you must. If you like meat, jerk meat, smoked meat, bbq meat, this place is paradise IN paradise. A must go-to. A little out of the way (40 min drive one way) but sooooo worth it. And a big platter of food was $20 US.

1  Thank hotmush
Write a ReviewReviews (3,686)

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I have visited Scotches in Montego Bay on several occasions the food is delicious, tasty and amazing thats just the few words i can describe about this restaurant.What surprise me the most was when i visited the one in Ocho RIos what catch my eyes was the aesthetic appeal of the surrounding and the customer service they display at this location.What makes this restaurant a cut above the rest is the preparation of the jerk chicken on pimento wood which give its flavor.
Also what makes it more interesting is that its located where Christopher Columbus came in 1494.Great food great people that's more than what you can bargain for.

2  Thank LIBERTYTOURSJA
Reviewed September 5, 2012

You have to eat here at least once, the best jerk chicken ever! Authentic, spicy and a good value for your money.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Scotchie's was not what I expected. The outdoor seating is great! You order at the counter, and take your food to wherever you'd like to sit. The jerk was good. My husband really enjoyed the smoke flavor. We tried the chicken (which was great) and the pork (which was a little dry). The side dishes were a bit bland. We were excited to try some authentic Jamaican food, and we're glad we did. Overall, we enjoyed the famous jerk.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

An amazing rustic casual atmosphere where food is slow cooked using pimento wood to "smoke" the meat that is superbly seasoned with jerk. There were four of us, my husband and two sons. We had both the pork and the chicken, some yams and breadfruit. We were licking our fingers all the way thru. I wanted to try one of the sauces they had to offer but passed as we felt we had enough. Just writing this has my mouth watering for it. Great food and enjoy all the hibiscus varieties awell.