“GREAT PLACE ALL DAY LONG”
Review of Mom's

Mom's
Ranked #10 of 115 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I had heard about Mom's from friends before I came to Jamaica so I made sure that I went there My first visit was for lunch. I enjoyed the food very much. The group that I was with decided to go out for dinner so we walked there from our hotel and I enjoyed another great meal there. We all enjoyed our dinner very much and went back again for Ackee and Salt Fish Breakfast the next morning. Oh yes. Had to have the National Dish while in Jamaica. Mom's is a small but comfortable place. The friendly service was good and you do not have a long wait for your order. Hi "Mom" see you on my next trip.

1  Thank alltvl10

Reviewed November 28, 2012

When I travel, I love to ask the locals where they go because they usually guide you to locations that are hidden away from the tourist destinations and the food is usually a bit better.

When we were at the resort in Jamaica, I had asked a lot of the workers where they would go for food, almost all of them told me to go to Mom's. Armed with this information, and a generous tip for the tourist van, we were taken to the restaurant for a nice lunch. When we got there and sat down you could tell this was a local place where businessmen came to negotiate, locals stopped for a quick lunch/snack/dinner.

The food was excellent, flavorful and priced right. Everything was cooked to order and portioned well. Getting to Mom's is part of the fun!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This place is small but offers great Jamaican food. The goat curry was good but the jerk chicken was great. Vegetables were fresh and cooked to order. Eat here if you want the real Jamaican deal.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Ensure to get your saltfish and achee here. The price is good, the food is great just the service isn't so hot :( Your order takes long to arrive but in all it's worth it!

Reviewed August 1, 2012

The food here is as Jamaican as it gets spicy and flavorful, just good to goodness Jamaican home cooked meals, Oxtail, curry everything, rice and peas, soups etc. try along with anyone of there home made juices. This is a favorite for locals and returning visitors alike.