“My least favorite Margaritaville”

Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville Ocho Rios
Ranked #14 of 112 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Allen Park, Michigan
“My least favorite Margaritaville”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We stayed at resort a few miles from Ocho Rios. One of the things I wanted to do was hire a private driver to take us to Margaritaville. This was my 5th one I have visited and I like to get a shirt from each one. There was a cruise ship in town so I was worried it would be packed but it wasn't. We were promptly seated which was nice. I was hoping for the same quality of food that I have had at the other margaritavilles but it wasn't. First we were pushed for upsells on our drinks and souvenir glasses. I know they are available but our luggage was stuff as it was so if we say no then we don't want them. The food was horrible. The hamburger meat didn't taste or look like hamburger meat that we have in the US. My wife took one bite and didn't eat any more. I tried to eat half of it and just couldn't finish it. The fries were stone cold and our waitress dumped a full pop on our table and it poured all over my step son. We were happy to get shirts but after hiring a driver which wasn't cheap and paying $90 for lunch (which is crazy) it was a big disappointment.

• Visited June 2014

• Hebrew first
Omaha, Nebraska
“Margarittaville Ocho Rios.... a fun place to dine”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Margarittaville Ocho Rios is just a short and easy walk from the cruise port. The decor is colorful and the music is fun. We were there just for the drinks and snacks and to try out the pool slide next to the bar. The view of the ships in the harbor as you enjoy your drinks is gorgeous. The bartender staff were all very friendly and made our experience memorable. There is also a very nice gift shop on the property.We had alot of fun enjoying the slide and pool bar. Very traditional Jimmy Buffett style....laid back, beautful views, and fun music.

• Visited April 2014
“Want to be called a Racist?”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Aggressive Higglers verbally attack you, your wife and children as you go to the beach yelling for you to come and look at the necklaces they are trying to hustle $10 US dollars for. You say no thanks, then someone from the crowd being held back by a security guard yells Adolf Hitler and follows up with yelling racist! Do I need to mention broken glass on the beach or beer caps? Exactly -10 out of 5

1 Thank Jeremy J
Malone, New York
“Jimmy Better check his Investments!”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Was there the second week of May. We went over from our resort. There wasn't a cruise ship in port that day so it was very quiet. The waitress was pushing everything. I understand that it is their job, but when we are the only people in the place back off a little. First off the menus were so sticky I was grossed out by that alone. We both ordered the Cheeseburger in Paradise. I still am unclear if it was actually real meat. The fries were good. I had a margarita it was just so so. Sure that it came from a mix. Our tab was $66. There was a old man who came around and made birds from banana leave. After we tipped him he just kept making them. Thank goodness someone else came in. I personally will never go back. Buyer beware.

• Visited May 2014
Crystal River, Florida, United States
“Fun party atmosphere”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We didn't eat there instead we went on a Monday night for the glow party. The music was good & the place is big enough so it didn't feel crowded although there were lots of people there. It's partially outdoors so be careful not to get bird poop from the canopy of trees above.

• Visited June 2014