“Better Places”

Ranked #7 of 115 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The food was average and the service was horrible. Mom's is the place to go for authentic Jamaican cuisine. Our waitress forgot one order and still did not get it right on the third try. It was french fries and jerk chicken!

Reviewed November 22, 2012

While cruising the Western Carribean, my party and I had our driver take us to get some real Jamaican Fare...I had the jerk chicken and fries, my friend had the red pea soup and we had plantains too...they actually grow the plantains right on site!! The service was impeccable..I can truly say this because one of my companions got sick. She got sick because we just returne from climbing Dunns River Falls (fun but rather stressful). I think the anxiety from the climb and eating too fast assisted in her having to vomit! Well the manager and table hostess we so very accomodating. They cleaned her up, rubbed her back with alcohol and made sure all was well. I have cme to find that angels are everywhere and good eating can be found at the Ocho Rios Jerk Center! Yah Mon!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

The jerk chicken there was off the chain! I mean we still talk about the jerk chicken and compare it to every jerk we have now, but nothing comes close.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Some of the best jerk there is! This is a place packed with locals, so you know it's good. There is a bar, too. The service is fast and friendly and the prices are reasonable. Nothing fancy, but a great place to stop along your daily journeys for lunch.

1  Thank Jennifer S
Reviewed November 16, 2012

KInda a local place so way better than any hotel or chain style places. Wow the chicken and pork are sublime. Really so intense is the flavor and the texture perfect. Was clean and perfect.