“Very Disappointing” 1 of 5 bubbles

Almond Tree Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 111 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were greatly disappointed with the dning experience we had this year as compared to previous year. My wife and daughter ordered the steak dinner and the meat was poorly prepared added to this was the fact they served packaged frozen cauliflower and brocolli with the meal. This was Friday night when the farmers come to sell their produce at the market. You would think the chef could have gone and picked up fresh vegetables to prepare and serve with the meal. I also had to deal with poor attitude from the serrving staff when I requested to sit on the patio rather then under the deck area which was extremely hot. Their excuse was they would have to put table coths on all tables not just one. I eventually won out, but it made for a poor dining experience. I would not recommend this restaturant to anyone and will not be giving them my business in the future.

• Visited August 2013

Cabot, Arkansas
“Great food with a view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

We have eaten breakfast here for 3 years. The service is formal, and yet friendly with high standards. They serve Jamaican style, 'soon come mon.' I love the relaxed atmosphere with the view of the bay since this is MY vacation. Breakfast is usually 7 or 8 courses with the most wonderful coffee I have ever had. You can order on or off the menu. Since my husband and I eat such a large breakfast, we almost always skip lunch. All breads, rolls, pastries and desserts are made in their own bakery which is very clean. We have had dinner at the Almond Tree several times. The dinners are wonderful whether American or Jamaican. I always have a doggie bag for a midnight snack.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank JJRastaLady
New Jersey
“Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I ate at this restaurant several times, as I stayed at the Hibiscus Lodge, and this restaurant is a part of this hotel. They do have a very nice staff, who are pleasant.

The food is also a variety of Jamaican dishes. However, if you stay at the hotel, the hot breakfast is just US$3, which is great, because they serve callaloo, ackee & saltfish, dumplings, boiled bananas, etc. But if you are having dinner, then it's a bit expensive.

The Restaurant has a view overlooking the Caribbean Sea as well, depending on which section you're seated.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Trudy F
Ottawa, Canada
“Beautiful view and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

We just got back from Ocho Rios and went to the Almond Tree for our last meal. What a treat. Food is fabulous atmosphere is unbelievable, The bar down stars
has swings at the bar and view of the Carribean. really spectacular
Cant say enough about the food and service. Classy and portions are huge. Everything we had was incredible
A little more expensive but worth every penny.
You will take a dogie bag home.
It is a definite try if you go to Ochie.

Visited March 2013
Houston
“Perfect for lunch or dinner after Dunn's River Falls: Almond Tree Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

After a visit to nearby Dunn's River Falls we had worked up an appetite and wanted to explore Ocho Rios...our driver recommended just two spots and we chose Almond Tree for it's ocean front location. The open air restaurant features many levels of terraces and a bar with swings (careful with your rum punch). The view is great so be sure to bring your camera. The menu features many local specialties and like lamb curry and fresh fish.