“Tax and service not advertised.”

Evita's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 112 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Set in an authentic 1860 Historic Gingerbread House, overlooking Ocho Rios, Evita's opened in 1989 and has established a reputation for great service, ambiance, decor, view and excellent Italian and Jam-Italian 'fun' creations. All food is cooked to order. Celebrities keep frequenting Evita's as they really enjoy it's romantic atmosphere and, also appreciate, 'value for money'....Occasionally there is live entertainment, usually, a 'guest star' appearance.
St. Ann's Bay, Jamaica
“Tax and service not advertised.”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We dined there on a special Valentines menu. Food, service was very good.
Unfortunately we were left with a very bad taste in our mouth. . Included in the set menu was a glass of champagne. We were served something very sweet and unpalatable. We did not drink it. The waiter asked us why we had not ordered champagne. He took away our glasses of grape juice and served us 2 glasses of champagne. The owner saw the 2 glasses of grape juice on the bar and started making a fuss about who had mistakenly served them. We were sitting right there and she was making a fuss and scolding the staff in front of us. We felt very bad and embarrassed for them.
The staff was the nicest part of our evening.

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank Sheba043
Evitas, Owner at Evita's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Thank you for your review, Miss Sheba.
I looked at my Special Valentines Menu of Feb. 2013 and it did NOT include complimentary Champagne but a pint of Rum Cream per couple with Tax & Gratuities included, in the special price
Feb. 2012, one year and 10 months ago, we featured a free glass of Champagne.
The Menu clearly indicated this so, I am really sorry that you were served some sort of juice and, champagne, only after a waiter suggested this ….
Sometimes, especially at Valentines, when we are always VERY busy, temporary help is called in and, since they are so eager to wait on tables to earn tips, they leave the tasks they are assigned to and could be the cause of the ‘mishaps’ you now remember and decide to publish.
Too bad you did not bring this to my attention, at the time, especially re: your concern “tax and service not advertised”, because this was clearly indicated, on the Menu, to be included in the price!
Hoping that I will see you at the restaurant again, to clarify-rectify whatever happened, I wish you and your family, very Happy Holidays!
Ciao, Eva

Los Angeles, California
“Lovely setting and very charming decor”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Food was very good but don't order wine it is very expensive and turned. Bottled water cost US about $7.++. The bill can raise quite steeply as they add 17.6% and 10% service charge and local tax. Totals about an additional 29% to your bill.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank June D
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love evitas!!!!!!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

My family and I enjoy everything about Evitas. friendly staffs and food is great! Pat and Christen the best ever !!!!! Can't wait to go back with the family and I will be bringing my friends with me too !!!!

1 Thank Salisa W
Kingston, Jamaica
“Benissimo Dining Experience”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Evita's was one of my Heroes Weekend 2013 dinner stops and it proved to be a great choice. I went with my cousins and we were greeted by the owner at the entrance, an extremely sweet lady. Our dinner was delicious, kudos to the chef! We visited at night and we were treated to a beautiful view of Ocho Rios.

The only issue I had at my table was our waitress. I observed and my cousins felt the cold attitude of our waitress for the night. This won't subtract from the entire experience however (unless you consider the fact that her gratuity is already calculated in the bill -__-).

Nevertheless, I would recommend Evita's to anyone desirous of a romantic evening on the hills of Ochi Rios with a scenic view. Or to friends and family in need of a chill time with tasty Italian food. I would definitely go back. A presto Evita's!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank MemeLove_876
San Diego
“Outstanding Food & Service”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I highly recommend Evita's for a GREAT dining experience while in Ocho Rios. The food was outstanding, the service top notch. We had the pleasure of meeting Eva, the owner of Evita's. I must say, she is a delightful lady and it made our dining experience special. The views from Evita's are wonderful even at night. DO go to Evita's, you won't be sorry you did.

• Visited August 2013