“I think I'll drive back to Ochi just for Evita's!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Evita's Italian Restaurant

Evita's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 111 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Set in an authentic 1860 Historic Gingerbread House, overlooking Ocho Rios, Evita's opened in 1989 and has established a reputation for great service, ambiance, decor, view and excellent Italian and Jam-Italian 'fun' creations. All food is cooked to order. Celebrities keep frequenting Evita's as they really enjoy it's romantic atmosphere and, also appreciate, 'value for money'....Occasionally there is live entertainment, usually, a 'guest star' appearance.
Kingston, Jamaica
“I think I'll drive back to Ochi just for Evita's!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Being from Kingston and spending the weekend in Ochi, my wife and 11 month baby were looking for a quick bite last Saturday night. After a stressful drive through main street and not finding anything that struck our interest, we felt we had no choice but to try the legendary Evita's as it was the only place we could find without driving through town again. I was hesitant as I heard it was very high end and we were in flip flop mode with a baby, but fortunately hunger got the better of us and we decided to try it.
From the moment we walked in , it had a very warm feel inside which spread nicely to the open terrace with an incredible view visible from anywhere in the restaurant. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, the guitarist played some really nice songs and played with my son for a bit. Everything about this place just gave us a feeling of being at a close friend's house, not a restaurant. Oh - and the food was very unique, and absolutely beyond delicious. For my wife and I, both had appetizers, main course, desert, and a few single malts - $90 + tip which I found to be incredibly fair.
Do yourself a favour, don't pass up visiting this gem of a restaurant. I now know why it is a legendary spot (besides the celeb royalty that has partied there!) and am kicking myself for being a Jamaican and not trying it decades before. I can't wait to get out of town again just for another night at Evita's.

• Visited October 2013

Jamaica
“very good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

My daughter take me to Evitas I did not want to go because i am not too much of a pasta person, but my daughter who dine there before convinced me to go,and I was really happy that I did I clean my plate the food is so good you just cant complain. This is a restaurant with a difference you feel at home there.
After the big day in the town this is a very nice restaurant with friends or family or your special someone to dine relax and unwind if you had a busy day and you need a little quallity time without any fus head on up to Evitas you will be glad you did .

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“Girlies Birthday Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Fancied a change in the cuisine and went Italian. It was real nice live music from a guitarist, very pleasant indeed. Evita made herself known at the table and asked us how we were enjoying Jamaica and her food.
Great night not too pricey, loads of famous people on the walls whom have visited Evitas.

Visited July 2013
Evitas, Owner at Evita's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you Sophia, for your great review.
It was a PLEASURE meeting you and I do remember everybody looking really happy with GREAT smiles, meaning you were really enjoying your ‘girlies’ night out at Evita's.
Ottawa, Canada
“Don't cry for her, Argentina. She has a great restaurant!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

After much humming and hawing and looking at reviews, my wife Mary and I settled on Evita's for a dinner out during a week's stay in Ocho Rios. And we're glad we did.

First good bit: we called and asked where they were, and they said they'd send someone to get us, no charge (though we could, of course, tip the driver, which we did). He arrived in 15 minutes and whisked us off to Evita's, in the middle of Ocho Rios on the top of a hill overlooking the city. It was nighttime, and the view was very, very nice. Now, because it's in the middle of the city, it doesn't smell like the seaside, it smells a bit like the middle of a city. But that's okay, it wasn't overwhelming or anything, just a nose note.

When we arrived we were led to a table in the corner overlooking the city (the best table, for sure, because we had reserved ahead...it wasn't crowded, but still). When we sat we settled in, ordered some wine, and got to know our waiter. He was new. Very new. He made some mistakes along the way, but then who hasn't, right? Anyway, we order our food (we both ordered a veal dish, just because it was unusual for where we were). Then we got up to stretch before dinner and ran into Evita herself coming in, who first complimented my wife on her beautiful dress (and rightfully so), and then told us upon learning what we ordered that the new waiter should have told us they didn't have veal. Ah, c'est la vie.

And so I ended up ordering a seafood pasta dish while my wife had chicken marsala (instead of veal marsala). The pasta dish had more seafood in it than the frickin sea itself, scallops, mussels, a lobster tail, fish. It. Was. Incredibly. Good. And my wife said that the marsala was outstanding. Small issue: the new waiter brought the wrong side (Mary had asked for pasta, not rice and veg). Corrected instantly, and side of pasta brought quickly (no charge).

All in all, a great meal, highly recommended. Evita herself was charming. Bottle of wine, two apps, and two mains, about $110 + tip.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Evitas, Owner at Evita's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you, John, for your so comprehensive review.
And, like the old adage goes, ‘All is well that ends well’, I am certainly happy you liked the restaurant, the food, the view and even forgave the VERY new waiter’s, glitches….
Hope to see you in Jamaica at Evita’s, again, … perhaps, soon….
Milwaukee, WI
“Great food and great way to say good-bye to great friends!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were at Evita's Italian Restaurant in August, 2013. We went with my pen pal of 40+ years and her sister. We had a wonderful evening filled with a great deal of laughter, excellent food, wine and fun! I had the Suprema which had lobster, mussels, shrimp and scallops with pasta in a light sauce and it was fabulous! There was so much shrimp and scallops in this that I had shrimp and scallops in every bite. And I got an entire lobster tail! Wow! I can't remember what everyone else had, but I do remember the table got much quieter when all the food arrived so it all must have been good because we were all busy eating for awhile. We started the meal with 2 escargot appetizers as well as a bruschetta and that was wonderfully tasty as well. The bottle of wine my husband ordered was the perfect accompaniment to the meal. And Eva came over and personally saw to it that we sat at a table near a fan (it was warm out!) and entertained us with tales of coming to Jamaica and opening her restaurant. It was a very special evening with very special friends. I'm so glad we were able to enjoy ourselves at Evita's. It made for a lovely memory!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Evitas, Owner at Evita's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review.
I am really happy you enjoyed the restaurant, the food and were able to have fun, too!
Yes, I do remember choosing the ‘coolest’ spot for you, near a fan, strategically placed around the restaurant, for warm evenings and also ‘chatting’ with you, your husband and your friends.
Hopefully, I will see you and your friends, again, in the near future…